Sisley Express Flower Gel. J’adore.

Oh Sisley how I do love thee; your understated demeanor, your fresh pastel packaging with its chic French stripes, your beautiful scents, your flowery ingredients… You’re bloody expensive, Sisley, but in your case I think that it’s really quite forgivable. You work, you see. Everything that you make just seems to work.

Take your Express Flower Gel, for example. This morning I had a face like this:

yet within three minutes, dear Sisley, you had made my skin velvety soft. You banished all signs of my hangover, Sisley, my love, and, through the power of flower, managed to tone and hydrate my face in one angel-like swoop. I didn’t need to rinse afterwards, just tissue off the excess, my sweet, and for that I love you even more.

There’s no other quite like you, Sisley – may I call you Sis? You’re like an unattainable courtesan – you’re there to be bought, but not all can afford you. “Save!” is what I would cry to those who think they will never feel your touch, those who gaze longingly at you in the airport duty-free, “save, and you will be rewarded!”

People will be envious of our time together, Sis – you prefer Sisley, you say? – and so we must keep it quiet. I shall apply the Gel Express Aux Fleurs (I know you like it when I speak Francais, my dearest) two or three times a week, and you shall lift my spirits and make me a teenager again. Alors.. until next time, Sisley. I cannot wait.

Sisley Express Flower Gel, (hydrating toning and firming mask), £71 from Harrods, House of Fraser or John Lewis.

© 2017 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. August 19, 2010 / 11:52 am

Unattainable courtesan made me giggle so much :D Definitely time to start saving ;) x

2. August 20, 2010 / 1:51 pm

I love your ode! This product is by far the best and nicest smelling facial mask I’ve ever used. When I was a beauty therapist, one of my rather well off clients used to bring in bags of Sisley samples for me (she clearly spent a fortune at the counter) and the mask was always my fave. I never knew just how much money the full sized mask cost though! x

• admin
      August 20, 2010 / 4:43 pm

So worth it though even if you save it for emergencies! It’s like a face lift!

3. August 20, 2010 / 9:42 pm

Of only Sisley wasn’t SO expensive in Argentina!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the brand

• admin
      August 21, 2010 / 1:08 am

It’s expensive everywhere – but actually, better than paying ‘medium’ expensive for something rubbish!

4. tash
    October 24, 2010 / 9:05 pm

Do you know if it’s good for spot-prone skin? I’m scared of anything very rich that could threaten a break-out… Just found your blog btw, and love it xx

• October 25, 2010 / 10:33 am

It’s actually the opposite of ‘rich’ really, it’s kind of tightening if anything! A really light gel…I’m pretty sure it’s oil free, or at least it doesn’t feel oily in the slightest.

5. Leonie
    November 25, 2010 / 6:59 pm

I got the flower mask and the under eye one. My mum shoved them in my flat because she said ‘THIS IS IT, THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED’ They work period.

6. mq,cb
    January 6, 2011 / 2:34 am

This product, and the eye mask, are both currently on sale online at Selfridges, so now might be the time to stock up. You can even get cashback on it. Hope you don’t mind me mentioning it.

• January 6, 2011 / 12:23 pm

Of course not!!!! Thanks so much x

7. mq, cb
    January 7, 2011 / 2:16 pm

Selfridges’ online site is quite good. I ordered both products just before I left the comment, and my parcel arrived this morning. So I shall be having a big mask session this evening.

8. kjones
    June 16, 2011 / 6:06 pm

Hi Ruth, I saw the post you did on the Lierac mask that was quite firming and toning, but not hydrating. I might have an answer for that – Ella Baché Hydra Repulp Hydra-Revitalising Repair Balm Ultra Re-Plumping 50ml at Feelunique.com

I used to use Ella Bache products growing up in Australia, and they were amazing and if I’d never left I would have never used anything else. It’s been hard to find them overseas so now living in London as long as I have I’ve adapted my skincare routine to live without them. Until today I was happily browsing around on Feelunique.com (as per your recommendations) and ta-da, there was my dear Ella Bache. Slightly different products and packaging over here in Europe but a lot of the same stuff. I found this mask and instantly thought of the Sisley Express Flower Gel and wondered how they’d compare?

Just out of interest – Ella Baché Creme Intex No 2 Purifying Cream 50ml – is my No 1 beauty hero, ever. I make my mum send it to me from Australia, I could never be without it. The best spot cream ever, and also good post waxing to help with ingrown hairs. All round wonder product!

x

9. September 17, 2011 / 3:15 pm

I ordered 5 samples of the eye mask from ebay to give them a tentative try. If they are as good as they sound as I shall no doubt be buying the full size.

10. Carole Spencer
    September 3, 2012 / 10:51 am

I tried Sisley moisturizer and was not impressed. I am now using Omorovicza and love love love these products. Yes they are expensive, but really work.
    Carole S