Bioderma Créaline H20

My most sincere apologies, for once again I have neglected to tell you about a favourite beauty staple. I have been using Bioderma cleanser for years and – when I have it  – I use it pretty much daily. The reason that I haven’t mentioned this before is because for the last four months I haven’t had any to use! But here we are – me with my  bottle of Créaline H2O, fresh from a Parisian Pharmacie, and you with your pencils and jotters at the ready!

Bioderma is one of the gentlest yet most effective cleansers available. I have yet to meet a model who is sensitive to this, or who doesn’t like it – and models can be a picky, whiny old lot! It looks and feels just like water, yet it will remove all but the most stubborn of waterproof makeup. I have written about micellar solutions before (can’t quite remember where, but I have!) and how they are great cleansers, but Bioderma’s Créaline is probably the crème de la crème of micellaires – unperfumed, totally hypoallergenic and – importantly – very good value for money.

It makes very regular appearances backstage and in makeup rooms because it’s just so convenient – it doesn’t require rinsing off, it doesn’t make skin raw or sensitive, it doesn’t dry out the skin or leave it tight, and it’s in a clear, flip-top bottle that just needs a quick squeeze to dispense the right amount onto the cotton wool. I can’t recommend this cleanser enough – the last four months have felt odd without it!

Some jolly good news for you all now; you can buy Bioderma in the UK! I can’t quite believe that I didn’t search for it before, I just presumed it was another one of my special Paris products, but I was wrong. Do you know what else? I have a feeling it even works out slightly cheaper to buy it from the online stockist! The website Le Guide Sante sells 500ml for £9.09 (random price!) whilst I paid €13.40 in Paris! £9 for 500ml of cleanser is an astonishingly good price – probably on a level with many of the high-street, budget brands. That it’s such a brilliant cleanser makes this a deal of a lifetime!

2016 A Model Recommends: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. Outward links to retailers will usually be affiliate links. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. i’m aching to try some of these since i’ve heard such WONDERFUL things! i THINK i may have seen this stocked in a boutique here in vancouver, i’ll definitely have to double check. awesome review, as always :)

2. December 1, 2010 / 9:29 am

We have Bioderma here in Hong Kong as well! So it’s much more internationally distributed than you thought :) Thanks for the great review.

3. December 1, 2010 / 9:38 am

Hi Ruth – this is a fantastic cleanser. Just to let you know the delivery charge is £11.39 on Le Guide Sante unfortunately! Your blog is great and my favourite.

4. thumbalins
    December 1, 2010 / 10:56 am

they are a great website but have VERY expensive delivery costs. Ouch!!

• December 2, 2010 / 3:46 pm

I should have checked that people, sorry!!! X

5. Angel
    December 1, 2010 / 11:22 am

Hi Ruth. I remember Pixiwoo talking about it, then Lisa Eldridge made me look for it in the pharmacies here (Belgium). And finally, here you are too, saying this is your staple product as well! Does it need any better recommendation than this illustrious group?! Nope! I absolutely love this product. I bought it just a little while ago, I had to blog about it right away.
    Do you use this one all over your face or only on your eyes? Have you tried their cleansing milk, would that be better for face?

• December 2, 2010 / 4:07 pm

I use it on my eyes and all over face! Haven’t tried the milk but I will soon!

6. Faye
    December 1, 2010 / 11:34 am

I stumbled across this website a little while ago, while trying to find Bioderma’s Crealine. The prices are great but the delivery charges are high…..£13.95 for standard delivery. Of course, it’s cheaper than a Eurostar ticket to Paris so it’s swings and roundabouts!I’m really hoping a UK stockist will eventually get some in. I’m sure there’d be the demand to justify it.

• December 2, 2010 / 3:46 pm

Calling Uk stockists!!! Hurry up and get some in!

7. Anne-Marie
    December 1, 2010 / 1:13 pm

I LOVE this stuff. I buy it in bulk from leguidesante. About 10 bottles at a time. I have the most sensitive skin ever and Bioderma only irritates when my skin is being very awkward. (whereas everything else will constantly cause my skin to flare up and redden). Want to try their moisturiser to see if that will be so kind to my skin too.

8. Anusia
    December 1, 2010 / 1:16 pm

I’m using this all the time..love it !

9. Lucy
    December 1, 2010 / 2:50 pm

I’m pretty sure Lisa Eldridge was raving about this too. I’ve just visited the site it is currently £8.79 – went to check out using paypal and delivery is £11 with UPS? May have to see if I can get this anywhere else. x

10. Dom Azavedo
    December 1, 2010 / 8:37 pm

Woooo hooooo! It’s even cheaper at the moment, 2 500ml for £13 odd! Fabulous, have ordered 4!

11. Sim
    December 1, 2010 / 10:35 pm

In which pharmacy did you buy it in Paris? I live in Paris and in my local pharmacy it’s around 10€ one bottle and I can see in lots of pharmacy 2 bottles for 17,90€. And I know 1 pharmacy where you have 2 for 15,90€ around Hotel de Ville…

• December 2, 2010 / 2:59 pm

Near St Germain! Are they 500ml bottles? Bugger!!!!

12. December 1, 2010 / 10:51 pm

Yes, Bioderma is a great brand and I know quite a few MUA’s who say it’s one of the best products out there!

13. Name
    December 2, 2010 / 9:36 pm

i really want to try thins now :) thinks for the review

14. Alexandra
    December 3, 2010 / 5:02 pm

This is my favorite cleansing water , I use it since Lisa Eldridge mentioned it in one of her videos. I love it ! You really pay it 13€40 in Paris ? I mean I’ve already seen it at this price but most of the time it’s cheaper ! I recommend you the next time you want or need to get one in Paris to go buy it in “Parashop” it’s a parapharmacie.
    It’s the equivalent to Boots and I pay it 9€90 , they also do a pack of 2 for 16€ euros I believe. Anyway it’s an essential !

15. December 4, 2010 / 6:43 pm

Definitely going to get some of this when I can. Heard Lisa Eldridge rave about it too.

16. chloe
    January 9, 2011 / 4:33 pm

EBAY PEOPLE £14 then fiver delivery still £20 but great for 500ml and THE cleanser everyones raving about at the mo =]

17. Valeria
    February 3, 2011 / 9:19 pm

You can get Bioderma as well as lots of other great French brands at:

Planete Pharmacie

Their delivery costs are half those of Guide Sante. I love the fact that I can shop in a French pharmacy in London!

18. tina
    May 23, 2011 / 9:23 pm

this should be woted the best cleaning product of all times in my opinion…its a miracle liquid. love it

19. Chaw Su
    September 8, 2011 / 3:25 am

I like this to remove face makeup. This just doesn’t remove my liner and mascara!

20. hi ANGEL, where in Belgium did U buy your Bioderma products ??? I used this sensibio too sinnced when I was living in Dubai, its really great product! but now I moved in Belgium, dunno where I can find it. Thanks x
    September 23, 2011 / 10:52 pm

Hi …anyone can help me where I can find this product in Belgium ???? I live near Leuven area, tx :-)

• Charlotte
      April 22, 2012 / 12:21 pm

I know that the Multifarma in Tervuren (Belgium) has them. There is one in Leuven too, but i’m not sure if they stock it there

21. Jackie
    December 21, 2011 / 10:44 pm

Same here, i live in Belgium too and trying to find it. I live near Antwerp.

22. nimachatd
    November 17, 2012 / 4:35 pm

Do they ship to America?

23. jonb
    January 17, 2013 / 1:35 pm

Where can I buy this in regular and large volumes from UK? J

24. Disna
    May 20, 2013 / 8:38 pm

I brought this after watching your video, but I am quite disappointed as this doesn’t remove waterproof mascara, how do you use this? Maybe I am doing something wrong?

25. Susie
    July 19, 2013 / 2:49 pm

I love this product but it does leave my eyes sensitive- I have to just use it on my face. I don’t even have sensitive skin or eyes. Does anyone else find this?

26. Lina