No7 Brigette Lipstick

Posted · 13 Comments

No7’s Spring-Summer collection launches tomorrow, and there’s one particular item that I really like – and like against all the odds! It’s the Brigette, a pale, lilacy pink lipstick in a pretty cardboard case. Now the reason that I say “against all the odds” is that this is a really difficult colour to wear – it’s pale, which often presents problems when using nude shades, but it’s also pink, which throws you into a whole new world of difficulties. It’s also reasonably opaque – it’s not one of these sheer, ‘balm-ish’ lipsticks that you can just slap on willy-nilly. Lips need to be perfectly prepped and flake-free for this kind of texture to look good.

Despite this, I still love the Brigette. Perhaps it’s the name that does it for me, perhaps the whole ‘St Tropez’ vibe that No7 have got going on with this collection has appealed to me – I’m not sure. I will admit that this shade is not for everyone – and it needs to be balanced, I think, with some serious sexy, smokey eye action and flawless base. But get it right – perfect that chalky, sixties pout – and I think you’ll agree that the pink hue is is something a little different and interesting. A temporary fun update to the classic nude mouth.

Boots have their £5 No7 voucher promotion on at the moment, so if you fancy having a stab at the Brigette, now would be the time. I have been blotting my Brigette between applications to keep it matte and then applying a little balm to finish – it seems to give a smoother and more even finish. Let me know how you get on – I have a feeling that this one will be a bit like Marmite!

No7 Brigette Lipstick, £10.50 (£5.50 with voucher) from Boots.

13 Responses to "No7 Brigette Lipstick"
  1. Cassie says:

Bought the lipstick this morning – love the colour.

The vouchers are over now unfortunately, but doesn’t expire till Sunday.

2. Fee says:

Really don’t think I could pull this off with having such pale skin! So just going to be a wimp and go for the ‘Spice’ coral nail polish instead!

Fee x

3. Name says:

Wow that looks both pretty and kinda scary at the same time…interested to see it on :)
    A video request…would you do a favorite mascara review or comparison or maybe drugstore vs higher end or something in that direction. I have so much trouble finding a good mascara.

4. Hanny says:

I have a couple of No7 vouchers, its a shame you cannot use them all at once! They seem to pile up in my purse, I will definitely be heading off to Boots tomorrow to check it out! Usually I cannot use pale shades because they never suit my skin tone but maybe this one will! I loved your outfit of the day video, the Belstaff boots are divine. I saw a great short pair on mywardrobe but I have already splurged on leather boots recently, but they are definitely on my wish list! Hope to see another video soon! x

5. Rachel says:

Please post a photo! Would love to see it in action.

6. Rebecca says:

Where can we get this voucher from? X

• Ruth Crilly says:

When you spend over £5 at Boots, they hand you a voucher to spend on No7 and Ruby & Millie! Check it’s still running when you go in – it should be! They do it quite often! x

7. Zebyk says:

I actually really like the look of this, unfortunately these shades never suit my skin tone & make my teeth look horribly yellow! Maybe there’ll be another nice colour I can try out…

8. Debbie says:

Immediate “eek” moment on seeing that, def marmite and I’m afraid I’m not a lover on this one. Bit MAC Nicki Minaj (gad you have to be so careful typing her name, if I type whats in my head we are back in vajazzle territory!)

9. LilyLipstick says:

This looks so pretty – the packaging is gorgeous. x

10. summerbabe says:

SOunds interesting, would love to see it on your lips!