Darphin Anti-Fatigue Smoothing Eye Gel

Posted · 8 Comments

Darphin ANTI_FATIGUE_SMOOTING_EYE_GELMy latest eye cream love: Darphin’s Gel Lissant Défatigant Yeux. Sounds much more impressive in French, non? This is instantly cooling on application and contains Walnut extract and caffeine to ‘visibly reduce fine lines and revive the eye contour’. I have no idea what Walnut extract is supposed to do but I can tell you, as a little aside, that according to some dubious internet Google result, Black Walnut Extract taken as a herbal supplement can be used as: an antiseptic, a germicide, a parasitic, and a laxative.

Obviously that has absolutely nothing to do with this eye cream, but you never know when that information might come up in a pub quiz, or as part of your epic journey on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? Back to beauty; this cream-gel is so light and fresh that it will be amazing throughout the summer months. Even now, through these harsh cold days, it’s a small relief to apply it beneath hot, tired eyes. It sits well underneath makeup but I actually like to apply it before bedtime as a soothing treat!

I don’t think that I have ever been disappointed with a Darphin product – the little glass bottles of Aromatic Care oil are nothing short of divine, and the Tangerine version is one of my most-used skincare treats. This Beauty Divinity doesn’t come cheap, but on the other hand, the prices don’t make you physically ill – they are perfectly pitched, in my humble and unworthy opinion.

The Smoothing Eye Gel (which is more of a light cream than a gel, in that it’s opaque) will be available from February 2011, priced at £28 or £24.30 with free delivery at feelunique.com here!

8 Responses to "Darphin Anti-Fatigue Smoothing Eye Gel"
  1. Lindseyb498 says:

I know it’s different strokes for different folks but I think it’s worth a try but you do need just a drop. I wear a slow release morphine patch for pain relief and when I take it off after a week of use, the skin is raw underneath and this soothes the affected area.

I also use the Trilogy one you mentioned for daytime as I go it free with 2 other trilogy purchases and I like that one too. I’m trialling the Philips milk of magnesia on my t-zone and so far so impressed as I don’t get on with the silica-based ones. I’m fortunate in so far as my skin is not in the least sensitive but I have drawn the line and don’t use the anti-chafing gel that I have seen used as a primer…..x

2. Allyson says:

Ruth I love your blog/youtube channel! Darphin products are my favorite – I use the Arovita C eye cream and it sounds like this product is similar, kind of a hybrid between a gel and a cream. I’ll definitely be trying this when it comes out!

3. lindseyb498 says:

Jan – have you tried jojoba oil for your undereye as an option? I read it is compatible with the sebum in the skin etc so isn’t pore clogging or heavy. I use a drop at night – sometimes in the day if the area near the tear duct is dry when the weather is cold – and I really like the results. I buy a small bottle for about £3.50 at my local health food shop and it lasts ages.

If you don’t like it you haven’t wasted much money and you can always add essential oils of your choice to use it elsewhere on the body.

Re the flavours of the month on YT, I too love Prestige mascaras. I’m on the “biggest lashes” at the minute and it even survived a snowy dog walk. I’m also using the Mavala Double Lash treatment and I THINK it too is helping but I don’t know if it is, quite literally, an optical illusion.

4. Modesty Brown says:

This sounds lovely. I need to start taking care of my tired and ageing eyes so I’m keenly investigating all sorts of eye treatments.

5. Jan says:

I really struggle with eye creams, I know I ought to use them (aren’t we meant to start at around 14 because the eye ages the most and the skin is thinnest…*yawn*) but I dunno too creamy thick and I can’t open my eyes in the morning, too gel like and my eyes are like the sahara. I think I am just genetically cursed with the wrong eyes, but this looks worth a check out. How big is the tube? Jan x

• Ruth Crilly says:

15ml – I like it because it’s kind of ‘half-way’ between cream and gel. I’m with you – sometimes thick creams just give you all kinds of problems the next morning! And the thin ‘refreshing’ ones, though I love them, don’t have an effect on lines. Worth giving this one a bit of a test if you pass a tester, for definite. I spend my LIFE testing things at counters now, I’m terrible! But if I can’t test, I won’t buy!