January Beauty Round-Up

Posted · 8 Comments

I can’t quite believe that we’re at the end of another month – time is racing by at the moment! Oh well. Another month, another Beauty Round-Up – a little low on skincare, bodycare and haircare in this video, I’m afraid. That’s not to say that I haven’t found any interesting and worthy hair, skin and bodycare products this month, I just forgot to write them down! Oops. Shopping List below the video pane, as always.

Shopping List: Chanel Hydramax Active Nutrition Lip Balm, £26 from Debenhams.  Lanolips 101 Ointment, £8.95 from Boots. Mister Mascara Precision Point Tweezers, £8.08 from FeelUnique. Garnier Tinted Eye Roll-On, £9.99 from Boots. Jemma Kidd Mannequin Skin Complexion Enhancer, £14.35 from ASOS. Shimmering Skin Perfector in ‘Pearl’, £33 from Becca. Estee Lauder Smoothing Creme Concealer, £17 from John Lewis. Sisley Sun Glow Gel (Matte), £48.50 from John Lewis. GOSH Bronzer in Natural Glow – ooops, I think that this may have been discontinued! Sorry – if anyone sees it, do let me know and I’ll update… No7 Makeup Brushes, from £6.64 each, Boots. Prestige “my longest lashes mascara”, £6.99 from Boots. Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil, £11 from House of Fraser. Lavera Organic Orange Hand Cream, 20ml, £1.50 from Pravera or Lavera online. Batiste Dry Shampoo with hint of colour, £3.05 from Superdrug. Tisserand Survival Kit, £11.26 from Tisserand Online.

8 Responses to "January Beauty Round-Up"
  1. Lisa Hannaway Toohey says:

Hi Ruth,

I loved the look of the Sisley bronzing gel, but waaaay out of my price range. Maybe you could try and find a less expensive one for us girls on a budget?

Love your blogs/reviews/videos.

Lisa.

2. Lindseyb498 says:

I just watched you and the Mia man – bit creepy when he took your hand and vibrated on you…

I bought my Mia from ebay for £99 UK seller justdebeauty-uk last summer. They are still listed but are now £104.99 buy it now price.

Just thought I’d let you all know if you want one sooner rather than later! lindsey x

3. elly says:

I just watched your brilliant video! Now i need to run and get the Garnier roll hehe.

4. LilyLipstick says:

Great round-up of products. The Garnier Tinted Eye Roll-on looks great and I love the look of the Sisley bronzing gel…maybe a little out of my price range! I like how you’ve included a mix of high end and more affordable products. x

• Ruth Crilly says:

Thanks! I do try to include a wide range of price brackets, even though I do tend to lean towards the more expensive! There are lots of good, cheap products out there though, so it makes my life easier!

5. Jan says:

Thanks for this Ruth, I am definately checking out the Garnier if I can persuade someone else to go and get it for me! And as for the Becca Pearl I have had mine for at least 3yrs and whilst I don’t wear it ever day, there is a miniscule dent in its contents – I also applaud the fact that it has an spf of around 20 I think. Looking forward to the Becca video – I did mine, gah sounded like a robot in a far away tin can, but have no software or understanding of anything recording wise, may try again using son’s SLR…we shall see. Jan x

• Ruth Crilly says:

That sounds amazing! If you covered your entire face in the Pearl you could make yourself LOOK like a robot too! Maybe it could be a trademark feature, the robot voice effect?! I love that you have been roping your son intovblog-related jobs recently!

Comments are closed.