Rouge Coco Shine

I have been testing out the new Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks and all I can say is adorable. That can be said in a French or English accent; I don’t mind. These lipsticks are simply gorgeous – the word that keeps springing to mind is luscious. Glossy, moisturising and sheeny, they have more colour to them than you’d expect from the balmy texture and they apply like an absolute dream.

I’m still in Hamburg, as you’ll see from the video, and I forgot to pack a lip balm. I have been using the Coco Shines instead and they have done a stirling job. Possibly the first time I have worn lipstick to bed, but still….it’s Chanel lipstick, so that’s fine.

I have made a little video showing the shades that I have here with me, but the lighting in my room is appalling, so I’ll do a proper video when I get home to the safety of my office. In the meantime, check out the shine on these babies:

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine, £22.50, available nationwide from March 11th 2011. Shades shown are “Boy”, “Royallieu” and “Rivage”.

Share →

15 Responses to Rouge Coco Shine

1. Name says:

they look really good! I love transparent glossy lipstick, could you compare it with new dior addict lipsticks?

2. Inessa says:

I love your videos and posts Ruth!
    I also like those balm-lipgloss hybrid’s, my lips are super dry so it is basically all I can use most of the time. I own few from Guerlain and Clarins, definitely will get these Chanel ones, do you know any other brands that have this kind of products in their collection? Would love to try more of them!

3. Sami says:

Oooo these look amaze… can’t wait to see what other colours they have out

4. Rachel says:

What do you have your eyes? Really like the color.

5. Jan says:

These look very desirous Ruth- I always test my lipbalm/gloss/tint overnight because only then can I see if I will get a reaction to it, obviously not too pigmented because then it would look as if I had snogged my pillow. Very nice. Forgot to say you were on page 80 something in my Red magazine and I was saying “look, look everyone it’s Ruth…” and you know what, my whole family was like ” oh yeah it’s Ruth” as if we all know you, which of course we don’t….(Swatch btw) Jan x

6. serena says:

These sound fabulous – LOVE chanel (who doesnt?)
    Not able to see the colours properly though, as you said we might not. Will go and check them out once they hit the stores xx

7. Chris says:

Oh no, another rouge coco product! My poor, poor wallet (what a pun)…

I also would love for them to bring vitalumiere aqua to the states already! We seem to be missing out on all the good stuff between that and Liz Earle.

8. Ana Soares says:

Hello, saw you in a poster for the new Swatch watches here in Portugal, very nice!

9. Eve says:

so luxurious and gorgeous!

10. Elly says:

I saw the video, and i can say i need them all haha :)

11. Bunny says:

Hello! Wonderful blog, which I have been reading for some time, but comment for the first time. Frankly, in the video all the three lippies look the same (colour point), though it can be noticed that they moisturize and generally are good. Love your eyeshadow look (or whatever it is) – shimmery grey! Is it also Chanel?