February's 'Everyday' Makeup Look for Castings

This is a video of the makeup look that I’ve been wearing to castings recently. Nice and natural, just subtle enhancements rather than anything too bold!

A couple of noteworthy points about the video: 1) the “Look in a Box” sets are Travel Retail only (ie, you can only buy them at the airport!) but if you do happen upon them, take a look because they contain very comprehensive sets of product. They work out to be very cost-effective too! 2) the “Nude Nuance” blush from EstĂ©e Lauder might just be my favourite product of the year so far. It’s just perfect for contouring or adding a hint of colour.

Enjoy!

Shopping List: Estee Lauder Double Wear Light (shade 2.0), Estee Lauder Disappear Concealer in Light. Estee Lauder Powder Blush in “nude nuance”. Nails painted in Nail Girls “Pink #7”. MAC Frost eyeshadow in “Grand Entrance”. MAC Zoom Lash Mascara in black. MAC “Be Lightful” irridescent powder. Clinique Cream Shaper for eyes, in brown. MAC Glaze Lipstick in “Hue”.

© 2016 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. Outward links to retailers will usually be affiliate links. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. Yvonne
    February 21, 2011 / 9:13 am

Hi Ruth,
    do you think the estee lauder powder blush in nude nuance will show up on skin that is darker. im looking for a blush for contouring, nothing over the top just to add a bit of color but I don’t want it to not show up either you get what i mean?? love the look by the way :)

• February 21, 2011 / 10:32 am

Hmmm. Any darker than mine and I’m doubting that it would show up too much.. You need to do a bit of testing and get something that is literally a smidgen darker than your skin. You also have to be careful with tone too if your skin is much darker so that you don’t get a powder that looks ashy!

2. February 21, 2011 / 10:21 am

Gorgeous. Love your blog. Now following. Hope you’ll follow me back.

Check out my blog if you’ve got time and feel like it. It would mean a lot. I’ve just started.
    Karoline Kalvo

3. Jan
    February 21, 2011 / 10:57 am

Everytime I see your videos and your skin after using the EL Double Wear light and the concealer I think I must buy and then I forget about it – being off work this week and being paid very soon means I can rectify this. It looks lovely, as always. Jan x

4. Pia
    February 21, 2011 / 11:48 am

I love natural looks like this. Looks so fresh. I need to get that blush, looks great!:)

5. February 21, 2011 / 1:03 pm

Nothing much to do with this post, but I need to say I’m in love with your hair!! It looks so gorgeous just casually tied up in a ponytail jealous much!

6. Gaya
    February 21, 2011 / 2:50 pm

Hi Ruth!
    I’m looking for a blush to contour with and I was wondering if Estee lauder’s blush in nude nuance is comparable with the Avon earthen rose you talked about.
    Thanks :)

• February 21, 2011 / 4:27 pm

Earthen Rose is slightly darker, I think… I shall do a comparison for you! Please remind me as I am snowed under! xx

7. Tabvi
    February 21, 2011 / 8:03 pm

OMG that is the BEST look youve posted! lol not that your previous ones werent amazing but this is defo my fave it really shows how gorgeous u r too x

8. Hanne
    February 21, 2011 / 10:02 pm

You look gorgeous! Love your blog!

9. Yvonne
    February 25, 2011 / 3:47 am

Hi Ruth,
    Do you think mac hue is better than avon’s nude perfection?

• February 25, 2011 / 9:29 am

They are totally different shades! xx

10. Hannah McNally
    February 27, 2011 / 12:25 pm

I have quite fair skin myself and have been searching for the perfect au natural finish and this ‘everyday’ look certainly fits that criteria. I’ll be sure to try out some of these products!

11. March 8, 2011 / 9:28 pm

You’ve got me wanting to buy some Estee Lauder stuff now, which is rare, as I really associate it with my mum’s generation!
    Love all the MAC stuff, unfortunately I come out in a rash to a lot of their stuff, but that look in a box thing just looks brill.
    You look fab!;)

12. Christina
    March 30, 2011 / 1:49 am

Hi!
    Is Estee Lauder Double Wear Light’s coverage kind of like a TM?

• March 30, 2011 / 11:57 am

No, better than a TM, but it’s light in texture. I shall do a review soon x

13. user
    June 22, 2011 / 11:32 pm

Hi Ruth the Estee Lauder shade nude nuance is discontinued. do you have another suggestion for a similar color?

• admin
      June 23, 2011 / 12:02 am

Oh bummer! Hmm, I’ll have a think x

14. user
    June 23, 2011 / 6:55 pm

Thanks:) I have the same skin tone as you so it would really help!