A Simple Bronzed Spring Look.

A while back I did a bronzey ‘face of the day’ with a slightly corally lip (whoa with the high-brow descriptions!) and at the weekend I decided to then do a video on it. I didn’t really use the same products as in my ‘face of the day’, but you’ll be pleased to know that something very nice and glowy from the NARS summer collection makes an appearance! Watch me dilly-dally about and generally waffle on, and then if you want more info on the products used, have a look at the Shopping List below the video pane!

Shopping List

Soap & Glory Catch a Wrinkle: £6.81 from Boots, see HERE.

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara: £8.99 from Boots, see HERE.

Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen: £9.50 from – guess where?! Boots, see HERE.

Smashbox Photo Luminizing Bronzing Primer: £30 from Debenhams, see HERE.

Benefit Erase Paste Concealer (Medium): £19.50 with free delivery, see HERE.

Dior 5 Couleurs Palette in ‘Rosy Tan’: available nationwide next month.

NARS Multiple in ‘Laguna’: £29 from Selfridges, see HERE.

Estee Lauder Lipstick in ‘Wild Coral’ – limited edition, scour the makeup counters!

*Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer.

© 2017 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. Outward links to retailers are affiliate links. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. April 20, 2011 / 10:21 am

You’d be surprised of how much skincare product (expensive moisturizers/serums) go into your fingers after applying them on your face. I usually just do the 4 dots on my face and then just pat or massage with my hands all over my neck. There’s plenty of product left to coat the entire neck area, you just have to give it a good 15 seconds of really making sure you covered it all.

After seeing that thick stripe of nars laguna I thought: ‘here’s a scene where blending won’t get rid of the heavy look’. Doesn’t suit your skincolor yet, but as you get a light tan this’ll probably give off more of a glow. Now it looks a bit like dirt rubbed in. Much like my experience with that Hauschka bronzing concentrate.

Fun to watch either way :)

• April 20, 2011 / 4:48 pm

Do you think? It doesn’t in real life, perhaps it does on film. The makeup artist at my cover shoot today used one too, looked fab! Definitely great for summer tan! x

2. ann
    April 20, 2011 / 11:51 am

Hi! Loved the video!
    What would you recommend as a easy, all over bronzer? Something that’s good for daytime / school.
    Thanks!

• April 20, 2011 / 4:46 pm

Take a look at Estee Lauder Nude Nuance, or search ‘Earthen Rose’ in the search box in sidebar – have a look at what comes up! x

3. Sue
    April 20, 2011 / 2:36 pm

Nars and Smashbox work well together, don’t they? How cheap is the S&G moisturiser! x

4. elly
    April 20, 2011 / 4:26 pm

hi Ruth

what brushes are you using in this video?

• April 20, 2011 / 4:42 pm

A discontinued Pout brush and a MAC angled shadow brush, travel edition x

5. Hanne
    April 21, 2011 / 1:02 am

Great post, as always!! Love your blog Ruth.
    Could you write a post about your diet and what you usually eat before and during jobs? I’m a model too but find it difficult to eat healthy during jobs(and keep up my energy) as they most of the time serve bad, greasy food!

6. Izzy
    April 21, 2011 / 9:20 am

Blimey Phil, don’t mince your words! I don’t think it looks like dirt rubbed in at all. :/ It’s got a nice shimmer to it that stops it being too flat, IMHO.

7. opera glass
    April 21, 2011 / 4:29 pm

That lipstick looks lovely on you and I like the eyeshadow as well. Would you consider filming your videos in a HD? It would be easier to see what things really look like in that format. xx

• April 21, 2011 / 4:51 pm

It is filmed in HD – I think maybe it’s not transferring to Youtube in HD though!

8. May 1, 2011 / 2:09 pm

Izzy, I didn’t mean it in a bad way at all. I just thought it looked weird when Ruth applied her 2 stripes and started blending away. I don’t know what the term should be for that.
    I’ll go for ‘it looks a bit heavy’ next time.
    A lot of young girls in my country go way overboard with the bronzers and I just feared for Ruth when I saw the darkness of that stripe. It’s all in the blending I guess.
    My bad but have a nice day :)

9. aimee
    May 5, 2011 / 12:08 pm

your skin is actual amazin btw?! (that sounds so weird:L:L) do you have any tips for a flawlwss complexion? i used to have really clear skin but recently i’ve been breaking out a lot, its so bad:( xoxox

10. lindiwe