A Simple Bronzed Spring Look.

Posted · 15 Comments

A while back I did a bronzey ‘face of the day’ with a slightly corally lip (whoa with the high-brow descriptions!) and at the weekend I decided to then do a video on it. I didn’t really use the same products as in my ‘face of the day’, but you’ll be pleased to know that something very nice and glowy from the NARS summer collection makes an appearance! Watch me dilly-dally about and generally waffle on, and then if you want more info on the products used, have a look at the Shopping List below the video pane!

Shopping List

Soap & Glory Catch a Wrinkle: £6.81 from Boots, see HERE.

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara: £8.99 from Boots, see HERE.

Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen: £9.50 from – guess where?! Boots, see HERE.

Smashbox Photo Luminizing Bronzing Primer: £30 from Debenhams, see HERE.

Benefit Erase Paste Concealer (Medium): £19.50 with free delivery, see HERE.

Dior 5 Couleurs Palette in ‘Rosy Tan': available nationwide next month.

NARS Multiple in ‘Laguna': £29 from Selfridges, see HERE.

Estee Lauder Lipstick in ‘Wild Coral’ – limited edition, scour the makeup counters!

15 Responses to "A Simple Bronzed Spring Look."
  1. lindiwe says:

i wnt to join

2. aimee says:

your skin is actual amazin btw?! (that sounds so weird:L:L) do you have any tips for a flawlwss complexion? i used to have really clear skin but recently i’ve been breaking out a lot, its so bad:( xoxox

3. Phil says:

Izzy, I didn’t mean it in a bad way at all. I just thought it looked weird when Ruth applied her 2 stripes and started blending away. I don’t know what the term should be for that.
    I’ll go for ‘it looks a bit heavy’ next time.
    A lot of young girls in my country go way overboard with the bronzers and I just feared for Ruth when I saw the darkness of that stripe. It’s all in the blending I guess.
    My bad but have a nice day :)

4. opera glass says:

That lipstick looks lovely on you and I like the eyeshadow as well. Would you consider filming your videos in a HD? It would be easier to see what things really look like in that format. xx

5. Izzy says:

Blimey Phil, don’t mince your words! I don’t think it looks like dirt rubbed in at all. :/ It’s got a nice shimmer to it that stops it being too flat, IMHO.

6. Hanne says:

Great post, as always!! Love your blog Ruth.
    Could you write a post about your diet and what you usually eat before and during jobs? I’m a model too but find it difficult to eat healthy during jobs(and keep up my energy) as they most of the time serve bad, greasy food!

7. elly says:

hi Ruth

what brushes are you using in this video?

8. Sue says:

Nars and Smashbox work well together, don’t they? How cheap is the S&G moisturiser! x

9. ann says:

Hi! Loved the video!
    What would you recommend as a easy, all over bronzer? Something that’s good for daytime / school.
    Thanks!

10. Phil says:

You’d be surprised of how much skincare product (expensive moisturizers/serums) go into your fingers after applying them on your face. I usually just do the 4 dots on my face and then just pat or massage with my hands all over my neck. There’s plenty of product left to coat the entire neck area, you just have to give it a good 15 seconds of really making sure you covered it all.

After seeing that thick stripe of nars laguna I thought: ‘here’s a scene where blending won’t get rid of the heavy look’. Doesn’t suit your skincolor yet, but as you get a light tan this’ll probably give off more of a glow. Now it looks a bit like dirt rubbed in. Much like my experience with that Hauschka bronzing concentrate.

Fun to watch either way :)

• Ruth Crilly says:

Do you think? It doesn’t in real life, perhaps it does on film. The makeup artist at my cover shoot today used one too, looked fab! Definitely great for summer tan! x

Comments are closed.