Boots No7 Triple Protection Tinted Moisturiser

Boots No7 Triple Protection Tinted Moisturiser

The weather is getting warmer and I’m edging back towards my trusted tinted moisturisers. They’re less effort; unless you really do just slap them on willy-nilly, you’re unlikely to go far wrong. They don’t need a whole lot of blending and they look exceedingly natural. (Said Mr Kipling’s wife.) I’m really impressed with No7’s Triple Protection Tinted Moisturiser, it leaves skin looking even and healthy. The shade that I have been using, ‘Fair/Medium’ is absolutely spot-on and the finish is perfect – not too sheeny, but nicely moisturising.

I never use a tinted moisturiser instead of my moisturiser – I moisturise as normal and then wait for ten to fifteen minutes before applying my makeup. I usually use an oil-free moisturiser, or one that has been formulated for combination skin and that way I don’t get moisture overload in the oily areas.

No7’s Tinted Moisturiser is a bit of a dream-boat product, really – it performs well and it also has No7’s Five Star UVA technology, preventing long-term deep-down skin damage and premature signs of aging. It should by all accounts cost more than it does, but I’m very glad that it doesn’t!

Boots No7 Triple Protection Tinted Moisturiser is £12 from Boots.com HERE!

*Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer.

© 2017 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. Outward links to retailers are affiliate links. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. Natalie
    April 30, 2011 / 1:13 pm

This sounds really good. By the way, I think I randomly found you modelling on fashionbloodhound.com earlier! Unless its a lookylikey!

2. Sophie
    April 30, 2011 / 8:21 pm

Which tinted moisturiser is your favourite? x

3. Sophie
    April 30, 2011 / 9:57 pm

What’s your favourite tinted moisturiser? x

4. May 1, 2011 / 1:13 am

Thanks for posting! I tend to forget about tinted moisturiser from time to time but you just reminded me to get back into the habit ;-)

5. ella
    May 4, 2011 / 1:11 pm

i bought this a while ago and got to use it precisely once before i lost it. been hunting all over for it to no avail. i know as soon as i repurchase it will turn up. :-(

• May 4, 2011 / 1:12 pm

@ella Yes, that’s always the way! I lose everything. All the time. x

6. Martina
    May 13, 2011 / 10:59 pm

Also wonder which tinted moisturiser you like the most? :)

• May 14, 2011 / 12:51 pm

This one at the moment! And Becca TM is amazing. It may be replacing Chanel Hydramax on the top spot!

7. carol
    May 18, 2011 / 9:36 pm

Do you know if this moisturiser is oil free ? i cant seem to find out if it is :)

8. Elly
    May 19, 2011 / 9:22 pm

Is the Triple Protection TM any different from the previous UVB version?

• May 19, 2011 / 10:11 pm

I didn’t use the old one actually, but I think there’s probably a difference to the UV protection and formula. I’ll try to find out! x

9. May 27, 2011 / 11:05 pm

Update: I flew to London recently and bought one. After trying it out for a few days I liked it so much that I bought some more on a stop-over at Heathrow on my way back. That’s my everyday summer make-up sorted!

10. Lucy
    June 29, 2011 / 8:59 pm

I’d really like to like this product ( I am an avid No 7 fan). But, unfortunately the colour ‘fair’ is too dark for my very fair skin tone. It is a lovely consistency though, just a shame I’m a little too light for their fairest shade. Ah well nevermind, I’m still on the hunt for the perfect tinted moisturiser. Am tempted to try Laura Mercier’s one next.

• admin
      June 29, 2011 / 10:47 pm

@Lucy yes, that seems to be quite a frequent problem with tinted moisturisers! Becca do some good very fair ones.. x

11. Olly
    August 31, 2011 / 7:44 pm

Would this tinted moisturiser be obvious and look like makeup if men were to try it out?

• admin
      September 1, 2011 / 11:11 pm

@Olly not too obvious, no – make sure you rub it in properly…but may I recommend Origins Vitazing? Has just a HINT of a tint, makes skin look amazing and slightly tanned too, but on the shelf looks like a normal moisturiser. Hope that helps? xx

12. Olly
    September 1, 2011 / 11:23 pm

Thanks for the reply :) ive bought the Boots No7 Triple Protection Tinted Moisturiser and it doesnt look too obvious but takes abit of blending into my kneck area, would the Origins Vitazing make me look “orange” since i have a pale complexion. i think i will try this one out next.
    Also an off topic question , do you put tinted moisturiser onto your ears and how are you supposed to do it i get so confused when it comes to them
    haha x thanks olly

• admin
      September 1, 2011 / 11:26 pm

@Olly OK, if you’re pale then the Vitazing is out – don’t go there! What’s your goal here? To even out skintone or add colour or what? xx

13. Olly
    September 1, 2011 / 11:39 pm

just to add abit of colour and make my skin look better , i have a few freckles aswell but i know you cant really hide them