Dear Oily-Skinned People,

Please let me introduce you to the least shiny SPF that has ever been invented. The finish is so dry and matt that it is almost freaky. It goes on as a cream but feels just like a powder on the skin and it leaves your face perfectly smooth and shine-free. It’s like blotting paper in a tube!

Important to note that the cream isn’t actually drying, it just feels dry. So it’s great for all skin types, but those with very dry skin might feel a little uncomfortable if they are used to very rich and nourishing formulas. I think that those with oily or blemish-prone skin will love it though – it doesn’t slip off, it disappears immediately upon application and it doesn’t leave any white residue on the skin. The sun filters are 100% mineral (zinc oxide) which is another bonus for those who are prone to breakouts. I wish that I had discovered this earlier in the summer – it really acts as a mattifying primer, moisturiser and suncreeen in one. Once you’re used to the slightly unconventional texture, it’s the perfect day cream for wearing when the weather is humid and bothersome.

Bothersome! I’m turning into a Victorian!

Neal’s Yard Remedies Wild Rose Daily Moisture SPF 30 is usually £23.50 but is currently in the FeelUnique sale at £19.95 with free delivery here: http://tidd.ly/d165ad0e. I think that’s really quite a nice price for such a convenient product – good skincare, an SPF and my favourite scent (rose, in case you hadn’t guessed!) all in one tube.

Share →

30 Responses to Neal’s Yard Remedies Wild Rose Daily Moisture SPF 30

1. Carla says:

I like rose too, but I picked up a more herby fragrance – on looking at the ingredients there’s not a rose fragrance listed (only rosehip oil, which has an entirely difference scent) but there is rosemary oil and other herb oils. These really irritated my eyes, even though i didn’t put the cream anywhere near my eye area.

A pity, because I really wanted to like the product…

2. Carla says:

I was really keen to try this, as I am always on the lookout for moisturisers with mineral SPF. This is undoubtedly the most revolting cream that I have ever put onto my skin. I washed it off after 30 seconds and put the sample (I kindly received from Neal’s Yard) straight into the bin.

It has the gloopy texture of a flour paste, and is highly fragranced – my eyes are still stinging from the fumes. My skin felt taut and as dry as the Sahara. Apparently this moisturiser is for all skin types, but definitely is not suited to my normal skin.

3. Laura says:

@ Jan Thank you for the info. I normally use Chanel Translucent Powder in 1 but I fell in love with the idea of using a puff of powder rose on my face. So i think i might just keep to my Chanel, open pores is not a good look for me.

Thanks Ruth sounds good to me :) i will get that instead to get my rose fix.

4. Jan says:

I bought this back in June I think just after it was released it is not good on my oily/combo skin, it seems to mattify so much that it draws attention to my pores which is a such a shame because the texture is divine and it seemed to be a perfect substitute for my favourite SPF/primer (BECCA Mineral Primer which is being reformulated). All in all I am woefully sad she says trying to out Victorian you ;-) Jan x

5. Laura says:

Hi Ruth

Your site is amazing!
    Im also a big fan of anything that involves Rose in beauty products. I dont have oily skin but if i did i would try the product above.
    Wondering if you have ever used Jurlique Rose Silk Finishing Powder? Im looking to purchase it soon. Any feedback from ruth the beauty pro would be appreciated.

6. LilyM says:

Is Zinc Oxide the stuff that photographs white? Because I have combination skin and this sounds perfect otherwise…

• admin says:

@Lily I haven’t photographed my face in it, but there’s no ghostly white ‘cast’ when I look in the mirror, so I think this one is fine! xx

7. Ooh this looks perfect for me! I will definitely consider buying this when my current day time moisturiser runs out!

8. Leila says:

I forgot to mention, I have dry skin and I love this! So long as you use a good moisturizer underneath, it’s ok. I don’t find it drying at all and it leaves a wonderfully silky finish afterwards, powdery but silky. It’s a very unusual.

9. Leila says:

I think you are doing it by halves Ruth!

(Bad pun? Sorry.)

10. Mojo Jojo says:

@Lisa hmmmm. VERY close call! If you don’t need an SPF though, I’d say go for the Institut as it specifically helps to control shine for long periods of time. VERY close though – I have one on each half of my face at the moment trying to decide for you!! xx

WOW – that’s what you call gold standard customer service Ruth!

11. Lisa says:

Thanks Ruth! X

12. Lisa says:

Which do you think keeps you oil free for longer – this or the Institute Esthederm primer on Keep Calm & Shop? Was thinking of getting the primer but now looking at this so can’t decide?!!! Thanks! X

• admin says:

13. Sylvia says:

Need. I have a moisturiser from Neal’s Yard which feels lovely, but smells foul, sort of like mashed bananas. I could probably cope with rose though!

14. Lulu says:

I have very dry skin and I really like this. The texture is very unusual but I find it moisturises really well. Love this as an alternative to Becca SPF primer which is not available at the moment (it’s being reformulated).

15. kimannj says:

Oh FABULOUS!!!!!! Can’t wait to try this one!!! Thanks Ruth x

16. Kate says:

Ooh great, I love Neal’s Yard – would never have thought to look on FeelUnique, and they do free delivery worldwide. I accidentally ended up paying €50 for delivery to Europe on NYR’s own site so this is super! Any comments on the Wild Rose Beauty Balm? Just buying it after using a tester for a few weeks, found it very effectve as a decongestant and overnight balm and of course it smells divine.

17. Carla says:

I have to get a sample of this to try! My new rule is that I don’t buy fullsize products without trying first. I have a mountain of unused cosmetics and toiletries that aren’t quite right…

18. sounds like something i’ll need when i travel to a tropical country for a month! when i head over to London next year (fingers crossed), Neal’s Yard is one of the brands i intend to try.