A bit of a random video, this, with a mixed bag of products. Some things that I only ever buy from the airport (it has become something of a ritual over the years!), some things that are exclusively available at Duty Free (or “Travel Retail” as it is known now) and some things that are available all over the place but will be slightly cheaper in the after-security airport shops. As someone with an illness for shopping at the airport, I could have gone on for hours with this, but I have tried to keep it brief. I have included a selection of BB Creams, but I shall be looking at these in more detail in the not-so-distant-future – my skin is a little dark at the moment to do them justice!

Enjoy – all of the product links are below the video!

Biotherm Lait Corporel, RRP approx £30 for 400ml (see Boots: http://tidd.ly/3fd413cc) but cheaper at many Travel Retail locations.

YSL Touche Eclat, RRP £24.50 but cheaper at many Travel Retail locations.

Chanel Mademoiselle Deodorant, approx £29 online but cheaper at Travel Retail depending on location.

MAC BB Cream, approx £17.85 at certain travel retail locations.

Estee Lauder BB Cream, approx £26, available at certain Travel Retail locations.

Clinique BB Cream, approx £19 available at certain Travel Retail locations.

Bobbi Brown BB Cream ONLY available in Asia Pacific Travel Retail locations!

Bobbi Brown Oil-Free Tinted Moisturiser, £27 here: http://tidd.ly/6ad1a042 or cheaper at Travel Retail depending on location.

MAC Lip Conditioner, ‘Petting Pink’, £11 available at Travel Retail OR online.

Sisley Tan Extender, £83.50 at House of Fraser HERE: http://tidd.ly/f999990c but usually a good saving at Travel Retail, depending on location!

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Set, £46.24 exclusive to Travel Retail.

Clinique Hydration Experts Set, approx £50.15 at airport counters – you can see the individual products at Boots HERE: http://tidd.ly/99f370a8

l’Occitane Angelica SPF40 Fluid, £25 from l’Occitane HERE or selected Travel Retail.

Clarins HP Day Screen SPF40, you can see details at Boots here: http://tidd.ly/6b24a032

Clarins Clementine Lipstick, see shades and details at Boots here: http://tidd.ly/835c5903

Estee Lauder Travel Exclusive Nail Laquers, £31 from Travel Retail only.

MAC Semi-Precious Eye Shadow, approx £13.18 at Travel Retail

MAC Skin Finish Powder, approx £17.43 at Travel Retail

Share →

16 Responses to What to buy in Duty Free!

1. ania says:

you should add clarins’ beauty flash balm ;)

2. Jessica says:

I like to buy The bobby brown long wear gel eyeliners, they come in a duo pack (black and brown) plus a brush!

3. jflower says:

Hey!! I love your videos!! So helpfull!
    could you give a piece of advice on how to prevent pimples and spots? Cause my skin got crazy..it was usually fresh and clean, but now i have few pimples on my chin and cheeks.. i hate thatm, but i have no idea where to start… and what products to buy now. so could you plz help me:) ?

• admin says:

@jlower Alpha-H have an amazing anti-blemish set, have a look on LookFantastic, I think they deliver for free worldwide. x

4. Jeyda says:

i wanted to ask if you could do a tutorial on make you up wear on board and what you bring as a carry on :)

5. Roohi says:

Great post Ruth! Thank you! xx

6. maddie says:

I like buying food, expecially chips in duty free, lol :) But perfumes are quite nice, it’s especially useful when your makeup is confiscated, so you can just buy more :)

7. blog-a-beaute says:

you could get the mac pro card and get your mac stuff from within london, you’d get a better discount, upto 35%! x

8. Veronica says:

Could you please explain what BB cream is? I keep hearing about it but I still don’t know what the heck it is or what’s in it.

• admin says:

@Veronica they are a bit like a tinted moisturiser except formulated to heal and soothe skin too. Usually have a high spf built-in. I’ll be doing a post on them soon! x

9. Silvia says:

Garnier have a BB cream out at the moment. £9.99 at Boots and it’s amazing!

10. Abi says:

I am about to investigate BB creams further on the strength of this video..

A quick question though, what eyeshadow are you wearing here? it looks amazing! x

11. Pearlly says:

i love shopping at duty free! only i never have enough time!!

12. Louise says:

Hi Ruth!

Loved this video and I wonder if you would consider expanding the world traveller theme? I’d love to see a series ‘what to buy when you go to x country…’

Thanks! x