by terry sheer expert

Hands off, Terry – your sheer-expert foundation might be ‘by’ you, but now it’s all mine!

Absolutely stonking beauty product of the week prize must go to By Terry’s Sheer-Expert Foundation. It’s so ridiculously glowy, but it has no shimmer in it at all. Wearing it is like being lit from within – look at my photograph! I must have dribbled some onto my neck (such was my excitement!) and can you see how it quite literally glows against my skin! Amazing, and I most thoroughly recommend. It applies beautifully, leaves no residue or ‘dewiness’, yet makes skin look radiant and bright. If you want a foundation that leaves a healthy glow, but have always been put off by richer or oilier textures, then this one will be perfect for you.

by terry sheer expert ruth crilly review

There’s a heavier version, called Cover-Expert, that has more coverage, (the name gives that away, possibly…) but the sheer version is just utterly right for me – it has that no make-up look that we all strive for, but with added mega-watt glow! The foundations have only just been released (I think that they are only in the UK at the moment!) but I can see them becoming cult beauty products.

As with all By Terry cosmetics, the foundations are impressively hi-tech, with all-new formulas that do various magical things to the skin. 35ml costs £44, so this may be one to have for special occasions or ‘emergency’ days, but it really is worth the investment. Try it out next time you’re passing SpaceNK!

You can see (or order) it here at SpaceNK online:  BY TERRY  (For your reference, I wear shade 9, but could also get away with an 8.)

Tagged with →
Share →

42 Responses to It’s Not Terry’s, It’s Mine.

1. matin says:

Hi Ruth i`m so interested in these fundation after watching your videos. But I wanted you to help me with the choice of tone … I can not prove it .

I’m very pale, so far the best for me at the moment is Skin Fond de teint foundation Bobbi équilibrant 2 sand . Thank you so much and congratulations for your amazing channel

2. Jodi Gordon says:

Hi
    You said you would take shades 9 in this- for reference do u know shade u are in Nars sheer Matt as i am trying to order online (quite impossible) as we do ot get By terry here- thank u!

3. Olga says:

Thank you Ruth for your enthusiastic review! I gave it a try on january and now I’m at my third tube… I’m in love with this foundation, I use #1, the fairest shade and my skin simply glows. Sometimes I wear it over Guerlain Météorites Base de teint but it’s perfect on his own too :)

4. Jodi says:

Hi Ruth
    Is this suitable for oily skin types?Thanks

5. charlotte says:

I just bought this in shade 9, as I have the same skin colour as you (chanel B20/30 mac nc20/25) I think I could wear a shade lighter at my palest and go up if I was more tanned. It blends away so easily that its very forgiving if its not bang on. Most amazing foundation, yes its expensive but so worth it. I have very dry skin and foundation never sits correctly on my skin, and always clogs in open pores on my cheeks, not with this! Its beautiful and you really cant tell you are wearing anything even with the cover expert! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
    Thank you for the recommendation Ruth

6. Audrey says:

Hi I was wondering which shade you think might be closest to lancome ivory 1, and I have to say there lipsticks are fabulous but expensive but at least there not the most expensive.

7. madii says:

Hi Ruth! I was just looking at the byTerry website and you say you use shade 9, but on their site it says shade 9 is for dark complexions?! Shade 1 is the lightest and shade 12 is the darkest for dark skin so.. how is that? I have very light skin, a NC15 in MAC and I think maybe a little lighter than you and I don’t think shade 9 would work on me at all! What do you think?? Maybe the changed the numbers?

• Ruth says:

@Madii hmmm, odd! It’s definitely 9, but I no longer have the box to check the actual shade name! I do remember thinking that it was at the dark end of the scale, but perhaps they don’t really cater for darker skintones as much as lighter? When I go past SpaceNK next I’ll check! I’m about a 20/25 in Mac xx

8. Alice N says:

i just got this in shade 8! i fell in love with the texture the moment i swatched this on my hand, completely gorgeous

9. Melissa says:

Hey Ruth,

Really interested in this foundation!! How would you compare it to the Becca Tinted moisturiser in terms of coverage? I don’t like heavy coverage and prefer to wear something that will makes me look natural and glowy. I like how the foundation looks on your skin and have always searched for lighter based products that create the effortless but flawless look. I know you can’t compare Becca with ByTerry, but just wanted to know if you think it’s worthwhile trying it if your used to sheer coverage.

Thanks!
    xx

• Ruth says:

@Melissa yes, most definitely! It’s probably about the same level of coverage, actually, I’ve just tried both on the back of my hand! xx

10. Riz says:

Would you say shade 9 is close to Chanel shade 20? Would love to try this but Space NKs colour swatches are useless as always!

11. alice says:

how do you think this compares to chanel vitalumiere aqua or are they just completely different?

• Ruth says:

Completely different to Chanel Aqua! This is a thicker texture (pretty much everything is thicker than Chanel’s V Aqua!) and the result is more luminous and fresh. It’s also highly fragranced. xx

12. Selena says:

Do you know if it contains parabens?

13. Gail says:

I went straight to Space NK to buy this – also in a 9. It’s gorgeous and definitely gives a totally natural finish.

14. Nina says:

Hello Ruth, I would love to purchase this foundation. Do you know when will it be released in NYC?

15. Alexa says:

Oh you could fool anyone you’re no more than 25!

16. Alexa says:

“The cosmetics I use are expensive because I’m a thirty year old fashion model with a disposable income”
    I was curious to ask for a long time how old are you exactly? Because you have such a gorgeous skin, of a 20 year old but I suspected you’re older as you’re more mature in the good way. Good genes but also good habits, so that’s why I was curious and hopeful to be never aging also :-)

17. Rola says:

I am curious about this foundation. I have the by Terry plumping fluid foundation and it is one of my all time favorites. Thanks.

18. Margarita says:

Your skin looks stunning, you have an absolutely gorgeous face! I don’t really use foundations, but I’ll keep this one in mind!

19. Mel says:

I can vouch for Ruth on that… she does do cheaper brands too.. I also recommend spending more on a foundation and less on eyeshadow, blush, lipsticks etc.. its worth having a good foundation on your skin, as it gives a better finish. This brand is a good one. Its also nice to know which of the more expensive brands is good. This brand is also used by quite a few make-up artists.

20. raggs says:

why are the cosmetic’s u use are so expensive ..?? can u suggest something in everyone’s budget pls

• admin says:

@Raggs so I take it you didn’t see “Budget Bonfire Beauty?” The cosmetics I use are expensive because I’m a thirty year old fashion model with a disposable income, I like nice things. Not ALL are expensive, there are loads of really affordable things that I rave about. : )

21. Sarah says:

This is available in America. You can get it at Barney’s for $65.00.

22. Amigurumigirl says:

Wow!

23. I love this range but not the price, but I do have a few pieces.. .. woops ;) xx

24. Kate says:

Interesting titbit sugarcoated! This looks fab, I usually use Bobbie Brown Moisture Rich for my dry skin which I love, but after going make up-less for a week recently, have realised it makes my skin a bit oily, so maybe worth a try. I was thinking about your recent points on frequent deep cleansing, Ruth, amazing how much more glowy the skin looks when its left to its own devices in the fresh air. Doesn’t quite have the same effect in the city though…

25. sugarcoated says:

I love the byTerry skin make-up! Everything is wonderful. I believe she was the brains behind the touche eclat from YSL as well.

Must try this out :D