Jurlique Moisturising Hand Sanitiser

Posted · 12 Comments

jurlique hand sanitiser

Having  a new kitten means that I am diddling about with gross things more often. Litter tray, poop scoop, smelly cat food. (Nobody tells you just how stinky cat food is, do they?) Obviously I wash my hands after I did any of the aforementioned gross things, but I have also taken to giving my hands a little extra clean in between washes if I am going to be touching my face. (Which is often, as I am always clarting about with something or other, whether it be skincare or makeup!) I have also been really unwell, so having very clean hands has felt even more important – I just want to feel as spotless as possible!

Now this little Jurlique Sanitiser is a strange one; it’s natural, yes, but it contains alcohol as its primary ingredient. So you’d think that it would leave your hands as dry as the Sahara. Oddly, it doesn’t. It contains ingredients that claim to enhance the skin’s natural barrier,  so after the alcohol has sapped every possible drop of moisture from your hands, the formula puts some moisture back in again. Or perhaps the barrier-enhancing ingredients stop the alcohol from disrupting the skin’s barrier, I don’t know. Either way, kind of nifty, I think.

After using this sanitiser my hands feel pretty normal – not particularly moisturised, but in no way dry. They almost feel exactly as they did before applying the sanitiser! Most others leave my skin as shrivelled as a fifty year-old walnut, so this is definitely a keeper. Even better when followed with one of the most gorgeous hand creams in the world, also by Jurlique, the notoriously amazing Rose Hand Cream.

The moisturising sanitiser is a nice one to have in your handbag for those hideous public loo trips and impromptu sandwich-eating moments. The little 50ml size (£5) can be taken in-flight, too.

Jurlique Moisturising Hand Sanitiser, from £5 at www.lookfantastic.com

12 Responses to "Jurlique Moisturising Hand Sanitiser"
  1. Upa says:

I have super sensitive hands (lobster awful) and when the swine flu was all everyone worried about I spent months in hospitals with my daughter. The hand sanitizers stationed by every door and elevator were murder as was Purell, etc. Somehow I got a sample of Jurlique and it saved my cracked hands (cracked hands: germs anyone?) My hands healed almost immediately, so I’ll always have a soft spot for it!

2. Phil says:

Wicked! I ordered this a few days ago and then saw the review here :)
    Had a feeling it would be great so this is just an affirmation.

3. Rachel says:

I love this hand sanitizer. I always have it with me when we go camping. You’re exactly right that it just leaves your hands feeling comfortable. I haven’t tried a Jurlique product I didn’t like really.

4. Yes @sugarpuffish I like Quash too! Alcohol free but good all-natural anti-bacterial, anti-septic agents. Very clever. Might give this one a go too though!

5. Sami says:

I’ve got this and I find it soooo much nicer than any other hand sanitiser that I’ve used… It doesn’t smell of alcohol at all

6. Sugarpuffish says:

Great review, I’ve not tried this brand. I have super sensitive, eczema hands and always use a natural, alcohol free hand sanitiser. Have you tried Quash? It’s very good and moisturising. Here’s a link for their website if you wanted to take a look http://www.quashme.com/

7. Alessandra says:

Hi,

Not related but the recommendation for the Aveda Color Conserve was brilliant! I didn’t think a sulfate free would work but for my frizzy, light brown with blonde highlighted hair, it really does!! It makes highlights sparkle. I am a big fan and look forward to all videos and emails that you post! much gratitude…

Alessandra

8. I used to be really addicted to hand sanitisers, but the alcohol-y smell eventually put me off. With flu season in full swing though, the Jurlique alternative sounds perfect!

9. Laura says:

Hi Ruth have you tried the Loccitane Lavander Hand sanitiser? Ive been hooked since they launched a few years ago! So so moisurising!and doesnt leave a horrid smell like some ive tried!! Laura.x;)

Comments are closed.