Crilly Circa 2002

ruth crilly old picture

I have been going through my old polaroid pictures. I want to scan them into my computer before they fade or get lost in the mountains of papers and old bits and bobs that I have hoarded beneath the spare bed!

This polaroid is from 2002, I think. Perhaps even the end of 2001. It was a test shoot, which means that it was an unpaid job for the whole team – everyone was working to get pictures for their portfolios. I have absolutely loads of polaroids from this shoot, I’ll dig out the rest and post them up when I’ve scanned them in.

Don’t polaroids have a beautiful quality? There’s something magical about them, I think. I miss the days of polaroid! Now it’s all super-high-tec and digitally retouched, you don’t get quite the same result.

On a side-note, how amazing is my hair? If I still had a baby-face like this, I’d totally have this hair. Though I’d have to curl it like this all the time, which would get boring… Very cool though. I may one day have to re-visit this particular style!

*Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer.

© 2017 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. Outward links to retailers are affiliate links. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. Bonny
    March 25, 2012 / 6:44 am

Love it Ruth! You still look exactly the same

2. Claire
    March 25, 2012 / 9:12 am

hi ruth – hope this doesn’t sound bizarro or anything but you looked absolutely stunning!! (obvs you still do now) I do love the hair particularly xx

3. Christine Duval
    March 25, 2012 / 9:23 am

Bonjour Ruth i have been following your blog posts for along time and really like them , just wanted to say i totally agree with the “old days” photography ! and that photo of you is magnifique ( in case you havent guessed already i’m French ! so if you need any info on French products dont hesitate) Bonne journée

• Ruth
      March 25, 2012 / 9:59 am

@Christine thanks so much! x

4. AMR fan
    March 25, 2012 / 10:36 am

Hey Ruth. How come you deleted my comment on your other post re: what foundation I shoud buy?!?? :S

• Ruth
      March 25, 2012 / 5:24 pm

@AMRFan no, just haven’t had time to approve them. x

5. March 25, 2012 / 10:37 am

The hair is very ‘there’s something about Mary’ don’t you think? Polaroids look amazing compared to all the edited things these days. They miss the magical feeling and are considered vintage already.

6. March 25, 2012 / 10:40 am

Gorgeous pic, Ruth. You haven’t changed though! xx

7. March 25, 2012 / 10:50 am

you don’t look any different!
    I love polaroids too, shame they’ve discontinued them x

8. Talli8cakes
    March 25, 2012 / 11:26 am

Surely this pic was taken yesterday ;-P you look exactly the same, sans the it took me a whole day to do hair!

9. Ola
    March 25, 2012 / 12:45 pm

Ruth, this is stunning! Totally agree about the polaroids and old photos in general. There’s always something charmingly imperfect about them.

I love your blasts from the past… very much looking forward to when you’ve scanned the rest of your photos :) x

10. Gaya
    March 25, 2012 / 12:48 pm

You look stunning Ruth! This hairstyle suits you, it reminds me of Hollywood glamour. But I agree with you, having to curl and style the hair everyday would be a hassle. I prefer to sleep a bit more or spend more time on my makeup. ;)

11. Poorani
    March 25, 2012 / 4:02 pm

You are so pretty. Love your videos as they are more telling than photos. Like seeing you in person. Also, I love your voice and accent.

12. cindy
    March 25, 2012 / 7:23 pm

oh my god, you look exactly the same! Tell us all your secrets!=)

13. March 26, 2012 / 12:10 am

Oh my god, you look amazing! And yes, you still have the same baby doll face so you should totally do your hair like this again! :)

On a side note, I just got back from a cruise, and found the Bee Mask package waiting for me at my doorstep! Thanks again! Can’t wait to try it out this week and maybe it’ll fix my sunburnt vacation face lol

• Ruth
      March 26, 2012 / 10:01 am

My pleasure Christy – let me know what you think! x

14. March 26, 2012 / 4:10 am

Love the picture especially since it reminds me of an era I well remember…we used to all SLEEP in our rollers back in grades 8-12, before the era of blow dryers and heated rollers. Yes, scanning photos is so very much fun. Such great memories!

• Ruth
      March 26, 2012 / 10:01 am

@Upa them were the days….. ; )
      xx

15. March 26, 2012 / 6:55 am

Wow, you look stunning – you really haven’t changed since then! x

16. sqrandomly
    March 26, 2012 / 7:11 am

lovely i see the difference but too subtle you haven’t changed much .

17. March 26, 2012 / 3:52 pm

Beautiful photos, you’re gorgeous!

• Ruth
      March 26, 2012 / 4:43 pm

@Bree thank you! xx

18. Rebecca
    March 27, 2012 / 12:35 pm

You still look the same. You should see my early polaroids.

I had a mullet (thanks, Vidal).

And acne.

• Ruth
      March 27, 2012 / 1:06 pm

@Rebecca good old Vidal!

• Rebecca
        March 27, 2012 / 3:03 pm

They have a lot to answer for! We started around the same time and I remember seeing your stuff everywhere, Chris heads still had polas of you in his book a couple of years ago. You could rock the hair even better now!

19. March 13, 2013 / 12:28 pm

hi im sure you get asked this alot but im just starting out as a model, ive been signed by an gency but things are moving very slowly! i was wondering if you had any tips on how to put myself out there abit more and gain experience so i have abit more for my portfolio and my agency! i love what you do and i think your very proffesional in all aspects of what you do and im so glad i came across your channel! thank you! x