ruth crilly twitpics

I was on Twitter yesterday and noticed that if you clicked “recent images” it came up with quite a funky little collage called a “media grid”. I don’t know why I feel the need to share this with you, it’s not particularly exciting, after all, it just amused me that 90% of my images were of a cat. Mr Bear. Do you think that I might be just a little bit obsessed?

You can follow me on Twitter for (almost) daily Mr Bear updates and the odd beauty-related gem! Mostly I just rant and ramble, but come and join in!

TWITTER: @MODELRECOMMENDS

Tagged with →
Share →

15 Responses to Twitter Media Grid

1. Emily says:

@paige I have suffered from eczema in the past from time to time. It appears to be stress related in my case but definitely some products can aggravate it. Dramatically different didn’t help. The one product that I have gone back to time and time again is The Ahava Dermud facial calming moisturizer and it has delivered amazing results. They are repackaging at the moment so that particular moisturizer isn’t going to be re stocked until September but in the mean time they advice using their Dermud body moisturizer. I haven’t tried that so I am unable to comment. I would contact them, they are very helpful. You can find their details on their website: ahava.co.uk. I really hope this helps.

Ruth thank you sooo much for all your wonderful posts. I enjoy benefiting from them every day.

• Ruth says:

@Emily thanks! Yes, the Dramatically Different won’t do any good at all, it’s not great stuff in my opinion. Just mineral oil and blah! Sounds like Paige reacts to so many things, though, that it’s totally worthwhile getting her eczema looked at by somebody in the know! I love Ahava too.. x

2. [...] some of you may have missed the posts from the past few days. If you want to catch up, they were: My Twitter Media Grid, Omorovicza BB Review and Reader Offer, Model Off-Duty Style and Jo Malone London Blooms [...]

3. Paige says:

Ruth, I’m so glad you’re here when I need you lol. I’m sorry, but my comment again is going to be way off topic. However, I need you, so I must. AHHHHH!!!!! RUUUUUTTHHHH!!!!!—CRISIS ON MY FACE, CRISIS!!!! Okay, I have eczema on my face and my skin is flaky and red. I watched your video for winter skin and have tried a few of your recommends (Moisturizers) to no avail. I was wondering if you have found anything else for dry skin that you’d recommend moisturizer wise. I need something creeeamy and lush. Thanks, Ruth. Somehow you always have the time when I need you with a brilliant answer. Love, Love, Love you. Thank you for your time, Ruth. I do not take you for granted. I greatly appreciate what you do for we lost folks. Get us on track, Ruth!

• Ruth says:

@Paige what have you tried before? And do you know what type of eczema you have? I have to admit to never having suffered from it, so my experience is limited to that of close friends who have had it! x

• Paige says:

Alright, let’s pull out the list.
        Recently…

Clinique: Dramatically different moisturizing lotion, Moisture Surge Intense. Both Clinique Products irritated my skin very badly and I do not know why. My skin felt weather beaten and I broke out with some cute cystic acne to throw on top of my eczema. I only had a sample of the Moisture Surge so I didn’t have the ingredients on hand, nor can I find them anywhere. Still, I think my skin is rejecting mineral oil. I prefer natural products, but I have gotten desperate…

Avene: Rich Compensating Cream. Same results, possibly worse. Really suffocated my face. Again, mineral oil.

Hmm…I guess the only thing you recommended there was the Avene. I cannot find most of the things you talk about in the states.

Others:
        Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel–dried me out more.

Earth Science Almond Aloe Moisturizer–I don’t take it as a coincidence that both products with Aloe dried me out.

100 Percent Pure Acai Face Cream–Helped a bit, but didn’t continue to give results which weren’t very satisfactory to begin with.

I have tried Pure Argan Oil and it gave me splotchy, spotted skin.

Lily.B Daily Moisturizer–my favorite for day time underneath SPF, but my skin is so dry I need something for night time. I highly recommend the Lily.B line to you, as I think it would work for all skin types-it isn’t heavy and it is very cooling, I think. The packaging is very modern and girly. Love everything about this line. I hope you try it and review it. Their eye cream is the only I use.

I previously used a homemade beeswax, Almond oil, Olive oil mix on my face at night and it didn’t help, in fact it gave me a rash. Ugh. I am so frustrated.

I do not mind to pay for skin care as it is very important to me, but I don’t live near many places so I don’t get many options and I am very unsure what to purchase online. I have great anxiety over this.

The answer is no I do not know what kind of eczema I have. I had no idea there were different kinds.

Thanks!

• Ruth says:

@Paige whoa!! Poor you! That must be so utterly frustrating! I am actually hesitant to suggest anything until you find out whether you’re maybe allergic or sensitive to certain groups of ingredients – I don’t want to make a bad problem worse! Have you ever seen a skin doctor? xx

4. Theresa says:

I must start following you :)

5. Ali says:

Mr Bear is a absolute cutie! :) Quick question…what cat harness is he modelling so beautifully? I was thinking of getting one for my cat but none of the ones I’ve seen so far look as comfortable to wear as Mr. Bear’s!

6. Phil says:

You’re a cat addict, this is what your twitter will always look like. Fun isn’t it :D

7. Love this. Cat, cat, cat, cat, model, cat, cat, cat, maceball bat with nails, cat, cat, cat, cat, model, model cat, cat, fruit, cat, cat… :) xx