Getting Re-Aligned with Jarod Chapman

Posted · 6 Comments

I went for a proper, full-on massage with Jarod Chapman last week. By full-on, I’m not referring to “extras” (you dirty lot!) but to the level of intensity and expertise – muscle-wise, there was no stone left unturned. (Oh GROW UP would you! Stop sniggering at the back there!)

Jarod is a bit of an all-round health and wellbeing guru – he personal trains, he massages, he guides clients on diet and healthy living – I like this very rounded approach to fitness. Jarod considers body, mind and soul and I think, without sounding like a hippy, that this is key to a successful healthy lifestyle.

Obviously I’m drinking vin rouge through a straw straight from the bottle as I write this, but I mean well.

Seriously, though, my massage was extremely thorough. The back and shoulder twinges that had been bothering me were worked upon the most, to an almost excruciating degree, but I walked out feeling about two inches taller! Jarod walked me through some follow-up stretches too, simple moves that I can do at home, and I have been doing them! Being tied to the computer (not literally) means that my posture suffers and my shoulders are always up by my ears so it’s handy to have a few stretches up my sleeve.

Jarod actually wrote a very interesting post about posture and the spine – if you spend lots of time at a desk then it’s well worth giving this a read: Crime Against Spine!

Better still, pay him a visit. You can find him in West London and he’s available for personal training sessions as well as massage and lifestyle coaching. If you’re feeling as though you’re in a bit of an unhealthy rut, then it could be just the kick up the proverbial that you need. I was only there an hour and came away promising myself to go to the gym next week and stop drinking wine! (Ahem.)

Jarod’s website is here:  www.jarodchapman.com and he’s on Twitter (@jarodchapman) if you have any questions.

6 Responses to "Getting Re-Aligned with Jarod Chapman"
  1. Shara says:

This is very good info! Some of us look at the beauty aspect of being a woman that we forget to take care of our insides. Thanks Ruth, for a great article!

2. Malesa says:

Hi

I am a dance student and learn quite a lot about posture, body-mind connection etc. and I can’t explain enough how important it is to maintain a correct alignment. This affects functioning of your whole body (organs, nervous system,bone structure). Also, ‘slump’ is not a great look. I would definitely recommend yoga (good for EVERYTHING).

3. MariaBent says:

I’m not guilty of alimentary excesses, but I recognized the bad posture description, so yes, I suppose I commit daily a crime against my spine.
    If I lived in London I might try such a massage. The linked article has very useful advice. I’m really going to do my best to get rid of some bad habits.

I wish I could swimm! It’s a complete excercise and I love it. After several months of drought we’re having here (Algarve) rather cold and rainy weather. Luckily the forecast predicts a change for the better from next week on, with the temperature rising to 26/28 (Celsius).

4. Mel says:

Its really interesting you wrote this, because I’m having some problems. I suddenly started getting numbness and tingling in my fingers with pain down my left arm. I went to doctor who said it was carpal tunnel, then sent me to physio. Physio said it was something different Thoracic Outlet Sundrome..and she gave me exercises.. and did a trigger point on the base of my neck. I then went for a massage (which was ok). All pain in my arm, and numbness went.. However it has returned!!! So I need to get it sorted again, as I can’t be a therapist, with this pain and tingling happening. I think I am getting super tight/tension in my neck.. which can make tingling and pain in arms.. So, I am on the hunt for a good masseur, that can do trigger points and doesn’t cost arm and leg! (good pun huh?). Do you remember something called Alexander technique? as this worked on posture, tall people often have problems with back.. So I might investigate that for long term cure. xx

• Ruth says:

@Mel Jarod is on Twitter if you want to ask him? @JarodChapman xx

• Daisy says:

Omg, I can’t believe that I actually have the same problem as you! Only my doctor said that I should sit less behind the computer and let my hands relax – impossible as I have to write tons of reports and papers for uni.

Too bad I don’t live even a bit near London (not even England). I hope you will find a massage that will work out for you:) xx

Comments are closed.