Etat Pur Skincare Solutions

Posted · 44 Comments

I was incredibly excited to hear all about Etat Pur when they first landed in the UK. They are really quite different to any other skincare brand that I’ve tried. Firstly, they exist only online. (For the UK, anyway – there is a concept store in Paris where you can play with product and watch demonstrations, but for everyone else Etat Pur is strictly an internet shopping experience.) Secondly, and because they exist only online, their product prices are incredibly reasonable. Thirdly, despite the fact that the prices are incredibly reasonable, the products are brilliant. So, just to recap: brilliant products, low prices.

Definitely different…

Just add to that little list the fact that Etat Pur’s products are developed, tested and manufactured by the Naos group, who own Bioderma and Institut Esthederm, and I’m ready to have a small heart attack. Could this brand get any better?

Yes! They have come up with a brilliant system for identifying skincare problems and then finding appropriate solutions – the personalised skincare prescription! You just fill in a number of questions about your skin and specify what your own concerns are and then you’re given a customised list of products. For someone like me, who loves filling in questionnaires, this idea is a dream come true!

I identified my skin as combination and I cited “First Wrinkles”, “Expression Wrinkles” and “Dark Circles” as my primary concerns. In the photograph above you can see a few of the products that were suggested on the prescription. I have been giving them a try and they are all brilliant. Etat Pur get you started with a solid, basic cleansing and moisturising routine to suit your skin type (I have the Detoxifying Cleansing Foam and the Micellar Water followed by two different light/oil-free moisturisers) and then they add in little targeted “shots” of skincare to treat specific concerns. So I had A06, Hyaluronic Acid, to treat lines and A08, Apegenin, to treat undereye circles.

I think that this is a very clever system – your skin as a ‘whole’ receives a very simple, balanced regime, whilst problem areas receive an extra ‘shot’ of treatment. Cleansers start from around £7.50, and my moisturisers are £7.80 each, which is so well-priced. The treatment vials start at about £8.50 for 15ml, but they are really concentrated formulas so you only ever need to tap on a few drops.

What do you think about this type of skincare system? I’m going to be reviewing products separately in the future, but I can tell you that I really love the way that you can apply products to different zones or areas of your face rather than treating the face in its entirety. Very novel!

If you’re looking for well-formulated skincare and you don’t want to be forking out for all of the extras like advertising budget and fancy packaging, then you’ll definitely love Etat Pur. The range of products is big but comprehensive (at any rate, you’re helped along by the questionnaire) and perfect for those who can’t hop across the channel to get to a Pharmacie!

The Etat Pur website is here: ETAT PUR

(Watch this space for a VERY exciting giveaway – you’ll be put out of your misery on Monday!)

44 Responses to "Etat Pur Skincare Solutions"
  1. judith says:

I read this post and was keen to try out their products, so I bought 3 products for my 3 main problems; hyperpigmentation, dark under-eye circles, and age spots (I’m 47). I have used them religiously for 2 months and I’m sorry to say there is no change in my skin at all. So all 3 out of 3 of these products have failed to make any difference for me. It’s a shame as I was keen for them to work…

2. I live in Hawai’i so I’m wondering if the shipping will be sky high. I very excited about their skin care regimen! What mosturizer works best for you? Thank you so much for this wonderful information. :) Best wishes

3. Mahine says:

I have used their products for 4 months but stopped since 3 weeks now. None of their products worked on me. I actually live in Paris and did a personalized skin diagnosis at their concept store.
    I was advised to use their zinc glutonate and salicylic acid products for a month. After doing that, they realized it was the wrong products because I actually have a dry skin. So I bought 2 others products more suitable for my skin and used them for 3 months.
    I also tried the moisturizing cream and gel. I did not like the texture and there were ineffective.
    In the end, I didn’t see any improvement at all. It even got worse. I had breakouts and the redness got worse.

Now I have a skin routine mainly based on clarins and avene products. And my skin is getting better.
    Too bad it didn’t work on me.

4. Falak says:

This may sound stupid but I can’t seem to find the questionaire?

5. Abby says:

Ruth, I always always try things you introduce here. Well, I’m in the State so unfortunately don’t think I will be able to try this product. sad… :(

6. Sarirah says:

I’ve been using the Micellar cleansing water for a couple weeks now and I love it. It really does help to soothe acne-prone skin. I’m looking forward to testing out other products from their range. Still cannot get over how great the pricing is too! :)

7. rachel says:

Do these products really work? I actually get stressed out in choosing skin care, there is many promsing so much but so far for me there has been none that has really improved my skin.

• Ruth says:

@Rachel what have you been using? x

• rachel says:

Ruth,
        I haved been using ren the blemish prone kit at the moment. I have actually tried all the well know big brands. I am a tiny bit addicted to trying out face products. But since they all same to fail, I have given up in pruchasing them lately. I have even spent £1,000 on laser treatments and there was no big changes either.

8. Laura says:

This looks like a fantastic brand! However I can’t help but notice most of the products they reccommened me contain alcohol. I always try to steer clear of alcohol, but what do you think? Is it worth the risk?

• Ruth says:

@Laura alcohol isn’t necessarily always bad, it depends how the product has been formulated…. Things like Liquid Gold, for example (my all time fave product!) has alcohol, but it’s very much needed in the formula. So, vague answer there! Which products in particular concern you? xx

• Laura says:

That’s a relief hearing it from you. It’s so hard to tell what’s good and bad for skin nowadays, because of all the media scares. I mainly stay away from alcohol in moisturisers and cleansers. Maybe I’m just being too cautious! Might give them a go now. Thanks! :)

9. NatNatNLJC says:

Ooh I can’t wait to hear how the dark circle treatment works they are my biggest bug bear!

10. Nicole says:

OK, so I just checked out the website and filled out my questionnaire. (How exciting), and it seems really easy to use. Thanks for letting us know about this Ruth. Please keep us updated on how these products work for you in the longer term.

11. Nicole says:

OMG, this stuff sounds amazing! I hope we get it down in the Southern Hemisphere.

12. Helen says:

OH Ruth, this post has come at such a convenient time! I currently need a new toner and a micellar solution and at those price points, it seems really afforable! I’m so tempted to buy a few things but I think I’ll wait for your reviews and see how it goes. I really do need a BHA exfoliant to target those annoying white/black heads on my tzone. The only thing that would really win my heart is a good mattifying moisturiser with a reliable SPF, too often I find that creams with SPF are just too greasy for people with combination/oily skin :( Anyway, really looking forward to your reviews and your post on Monday xx

13. Rola says:

This line sounds incredible from custom prescription for specific concerns to the price. I will definitely check it out.

14. Aimee says:

Thank you so much for sharing this brand Ruth, it’s right up my street! Really admire the french way of approaching skincare with the focus on ingredients and results. Are there any particular stand out products in the range? Much love x

• Ruth says:

I shall let you know, Aimee! So far I am LOVING the eye gel and the light moisturiser! xx

15. Laura says:

Nice!
    i follow you on bloglovin, follow me back? xx

16. Johanna says:

thank you ruth! they do look amazing. also i can’t wait for the mattifiers video. right now I am using the one form La Roche Posay – effaclar M and its…. ok… idk. can’t wait to try Madara when i’m back in the US. cheers!

17. BeautyGeekUK says:

I’ve been using the Citric Acid and the Salicylic Acid for a while now and they’re both absolutely amazing! I’ve always had fairly bad skin that’s very spot prone but now I get about 1-2 spots a week which is a huge reduction! I’m a total Etat Pur convert :) xx

18. SylwiaAcherer says:

I live in Austria, where can i get those products?

19. Queenpette says:

Ruth, I don’t work for them. I’m a human resources manager in an engeenering company! But I’m a huge fan of cosmetics. I use à lot Sisley and like to discover new brands. I’m a parisienne and I spend a lot of time at Printemps de la Beauté or at Le Bon Marche for Thérèse exclusive brands. See you soon.

20. Nikita says:

I would to hear about Apegenin for dark circles! Hope it works :)

21. Queenpette says:

You can also try Citric acid A60 which is amazing for dull complexion in case of lack of radiance.Great at the end of the winter. And if you come in the Saint-Germain shop, it’s very quiet in the morning and you’ll be treated like a queen. Have a nice week-end.

22. yasmine choudhry says:

forgot to mention fab low prices and great the products are good in your opinion which means will be trying this out

23. yasmine choudhry says:

Hi Ruth,
    Thanks for another great article from you
    I have heard of this brand on twitter but not used it yet,sounds great from your info
    I also love filling questionnaires and trying products to see if they make the grade this is the best job in the world for me,would love to be a beauty journalist what could be better than trying new products and writing about them
    by the way what were the CEW awards like did you get a goody bag,sorry if i am being nosy,do not reply if you think i am intruding
    will be watching your cooking video later, had the flu

• Ruth says:

@Yasmine the CEW awards were very interesting! They are more of an industry event for brands, so no, no goody bag! x

24. Ilona says:

Where’s the catch? It sounds too good to be true :D

25. Louisa says:

I ordered their ‘Balancing Matifying care’ cream a few weeks ago and I love it. It really does balance out oil and dryness while stopping shine.
    You’ve just reminded me I got a, good sized, sample of the Micellar Water with my order I should really try it out.

• Ruth says:

@Louisa good to know – I want to write about mattifiers soon, so perhaps this would be a good one to test! xx

26. Upa says:

Anyone who’s involved with Bioderma has my vote and interest. I’ve used Bioderma and am working through the other micellar waters and the Bioderma rules (rocks?)! The others are a bit off for MY skin. So anything Bioderma is tops in my book till shown otherwise. This concept looks great. My bank balance hopes I can’t get it easily in the US but I am just sooo curious…imagine me as Mr. Bear and you get the picture! xx

• Ruth says:

Oh dear, Upa, someone needs to freeze your credit card! Hahaha… xx

• Upa says:

Oh dear! You’ve noticed too? Mr. Upa is definitely NOT going to hear about THAT – as I go on to continue on my hunt for the right nail polish! LOL!

27. josdenice says:

i’v been using etat pur for 6 months now and i love it!the aha is great, the eye contour also…and i took also some products for my teen age son who has acné…

28. B Burns says:

Wow-thanks for making me aware of this Ruth! You’re right-it really does seem like a unique approach, which is rare with skincare. I’m excited and will definitely be filling out a questionnaire tonight!

Comments are closed.