Ladies, Gentlemen and Furry Friends, I present to you: Pet Wet-Wipes. Something I bet you never knew you needed! I certainly never knew I needed them until Mr Bear (pictured above) decided that one of his favourite places to hide was inside the fireplace. Not great when you have cream carpets throughout almost your entire house and a husband who has heart palpitations at the merest speck of dirt falling onto it.

I won’t say that Mr Bear particularly enjoys having his paws wiped with his “John Paul Pet” wipes, but he doesn’t half smell lovely afterwards! The wipes are also quite useful for giving his coat a once-over after I’ve brushed him – all of the little stray hairs get caught up on the wipe instead of flying into the air as he leaps about all over the place.

So there’s now a little section for the cat in my beauty cupboard – who’d have thought it? I’ll be giving him facials next! (The worrying thing about that statement is that I’m only half joking.)

John Paul Pet products can be found with free delivery at LookFantastic.com

Share →

21 Responses to Wet-Wipes for Pets?

1. Julie says:

I absolutely love Mr. Bear! Lol

2. My pup (a Maltese named Lady) loves her John Paul products too! She uses the oatmeal shampoo as she has a problem with dry, itchy skin and allergies. She’s never tried the wipes from this particular brand but definitely has from other brands. She also uses conditioner (that smells lovely and I’ve actually used before when I’ve run out of my own…shhh!) She also has a spray, 2 brushes, nail clippers, and nail files as well as her allergy meds (pills and drops for emergencies). After all that, she definitely has her own space in the cupboard now!! :P

3. Melissa says:

I used to clean my dogs with these wipes in between baths. I like John Paul products. Both dogs are bathed with John Paul Tea Tree and Oatmeal shampoos. However, regarding the wipes, I found that unscented/sensitive skin baby wipes work better.

Baby wipes are textured and a bit bigger; therefore, they clean better. I use the baby wipes to clean the corners of my Yorkie’s eyes, wipes his paws when he comes in from outside, and to do a quick wipe down along the rest of him. The wipes are particularly useful for keeping my Labrador clean. I apply his ear cleaner directly to the wipes and clean out his ears. I also wipe his eyes and do a general wipe down.

The bonus of using the wipes is that, by going through the process, you can quickly find and treat anything that shouldn’t be on the animal (cuts, ticks, etc).

4. Charlotte says:

Reckon they’d be ok for a hedgehog? Peppas feet are always getting dirty and giving her a bath takes at least 30 mins!

5. Chantal says:

Ruth I just love the post about Mr Bear
    I am at the moment in Switzerland and all my family are waiting every time I look at my computer
    He has a large fan club…..
    just so funny your last commment!

6. Jo says:

I think Mr Bear’s face says it all. He is not amused! hahaha!

7. melts my heart – so cute!

8. Aisling says:

Oh god mr bear has to be the most adorable cat ever!!! I just melt every time you post video/photos of him:-D

9. Martina says:

Hi Ruth, today I have a request for you! I think this is something that you really… I think it’s your cup of tea. Could you do a roundup of some pretty neutral eyeshadow palettes? I’m ALWAYS searching for THE PERFECT Eyeshadow Palette. With capital E. And P. Expecially this time of year, when we are all going on vacation and we would like to have in our suitcases just one, handy, perfect for day&night, e/s palette. In my dream it would contain 5 to 10 shades, with neutral-brownish-bronzy colors (great for summer tan), with some day shades but also some intense shades for a sexy nightime look, with mixed finishes from matte to metallic to slightly shimmery, a dream-like texture, and last but not least it should have a sleek, compact, travel friendly but yet elegant packaging! I haven’t ever found such a palette! If I could find one, I would buy it no matter the price! It seem ps like there are LOADS of neutral palettes out there, but no-one ever looked like the perfect one, for me…
    I would love your advice -better- recommendation!

10. Gina says:

My cat loves dirty and no one in this world will clean her paws without being almost killed. I’ve said.

11. Valens says:

Wet wipes for cats sound good, but… does Mr. Bear like them or does he lick his fur immediately after the wipe
    ?
    That’s true, cats love dirty places.
    I’ve got 4 cats and they are so dirty (and lovely) ahahah :D
    Have a great day!!!

12. Olivia says:

how weird that yesterday I stumbled across these myself, purely by chance as I was looking for shampoo for me however my cats are constantly bounding through the window on to my lovely clean bed with mucky paws! Lovely post Ruth :) x x x

13. Yvonne says:

I have the opposite issue a black cat with lots of cream coloured furniture. Do you know what residue is left behind by the wipes? A cat will ingest anything left on their coat when they groom themselves and I would worry about build up in their liver and kidney.

14. upa says:

Granted that I am a crazy germ freak, but I always KNEW I wanted this! What an incredible idea – and service! ;)