The second “Bedside Beauty” snapshot: this time I’m at a hotel in Bude, Cornwall. Obviously this isn’t everything that I took with me, it’s an edit of my most favoured and most notable products. Ready for the run-down?
1) Alpha-H Balancing Cleanser. I have mentioned this cleanser so many times that I feel like singing “If you don’t know me by no-ow, you will never ever ever know me, oooh oo-oo-oo-ooooh…” It’s a brilliant all-purpose wash-off cleanser that suits just about everyone. Cleanses the whole face, doesn’t sting the eyes and doesn’t leave the skin tight or dried-out. Find it here.
3) Dermalogica Multi-vitamin Power Recovery Mask. One of my first ever reviews on here was of this mask – it’s truly an old favourite! If you want to read the review then you can open it in a new window here. It’s just great for tired, hungover, worn-out skin. £28-ish instead of the RRP of £33-ish, with free delivery at LookFantastic.com
4) Dior Nail Polish in Incognito – one of my current favourites, A posh, purplish nude. If there’s ever a video and you wonder what I’m wearing on my nails, it’s usually this. £17.15 from Escentual.com (Original review and post here.)
5) Estée Lauder Time Zone SPF15. I’m testing a tiny pot of this. It doesn’t blow my mind, but it seems to be a good, solid moisturiser with adequate SPF. I’ll do a full review if anything earth-shattering happens! More info here: HouseofFraser.co.uk
6) Givenchy Blush Brush. I think that the new Givenchy brushes are very cool. Black matte handles and beautiful soft bristles that are densely packed to make for really effective buffing-in! £27 from Debenhams.com
8) Institut Esthederm UV InCellium. I said that I’d do a full review of this water spray, and I will. But for now let me tell you that it is a thing of great beauty and convenience – a UV spray that can be worn under or over makeup, that you simply spray onto the face for a degree of protection from the sun’s rays. It’s not full-on protection, so you wouldn’t wear it to trek the Himalayas, but it’s enough for everyday wear. It’s just genius. If you ever were bothered about the whole SPF issue and how to reapply it when you’re wearing makeup, then you might want to look into this more! FeelUnique.com
10) Escentric Molecules: Molecule 01: my favourite fragrance of all time, I think. Read all about it here: Molecule 01
11) ByTerry Cover Expert Foundation. Simply one of the best, best, BEST foundations. I will repurchase this until stocks run dry, then I will weep. See my Dior Bronzer post for pics of the foundation at work: Nude Tan post
12) Finally, the Givenchy Poudre Bonne Mine, a powder that gives a light and healthy glow to the skin. It looks almost like an antique gold shade rather than a bronze, it’s perfect for shaping and contouring, or if you use a very large powder brush you can lightly sweep all over for a sunkissed finish. It’s £32.50 from Debenhams.com