The Difference Between Men and Women.

Posted · 40 Comments

A Model Recommends Ruth Crilly

This is my beside table at the hotel we stayed in last weekend. I haven’t checked this photo extensively, so I’m hoping that there’s nothing weird/rude/untoward going on. I’m pretty sure that I left the bondage gear and nipple tassles at home… But just take note of the amount of different things I have managed to cram onto such a small table – water, tissues, a whole makeup bag, headache tablets, powders, hairbrush, perfume….

And then take a look at Mr AMR’s side table:

40 Responses to "The Difference Between Men and Women."
  1. Shanti says:

Ha ha! What is that white thing on Mystery AMR’s side?

2. Hilarious, Ruth! …and so true! “All of this” doesn’t just happen by itself! :) Love it! XO

3. flick says:

Ah yes I have a bureau in my “office” for my “office things”, which is (secretly) completely stacked with containers of cosmetics. There is a book on top of the bureau however (the perfect crime!).

4. haha, that’s always the case!

URL removed

5. Joyce77 says:

Oh my goodness, this is so funny! Your bedside table resembles mine in my house and in a hotel room.

6. Nikita says:

Haha I love it! Hilarious! It’s all the more funny since you’ve let the last picture speaking for itself ;)

7. madii says:

Ruth :D Made me laugh! Are you ever going to tell us anything about Mr AMR? Is he a “normal” bloke or is he someone known like you? I’ve been following your e-mails and blog practically ever since you started and I think you’re doing a great job! Maybe I won’t be buying a swimsuit from net a porter (more from the likes of h&m) but it’s always cool to read about such beautiful places, hotels, clothes, skin care etc that I can’t afford you know, just to see what’s out there. Maybe in 10 years… I’m 26 now, my girl is going to kindergarten in September so hopefully I’ll be able to get a job finally and start pampering myself a little. Anyway. Thanks! :)

• Ruth says:

It’s not that Mr AMR is “secret” so to speak, but he works with lots of celebrities and very famous people, and it’s just easier to keep him separate! Maybe one day I’ll force him to appear in a video!!!! x

8. Upa says:

Thank you for making me feel better about my nightstand, especially compared to my husband’s! He thinks I’m alone in putting so many things next to me in bed…and I keep telling him that it’s normal. LOL! Validation from you and your readers are so sweet!
    And yes, Maria, always a book or two, WITH the kindle! :)

9. Julie says:

Perfect!! And so true. My husband and I each have our own bathrooms where we keep our respective products. Mine is so full (overflowing) and his so empty that I have begun storing some of my stuff in his cabinets :)

10. Eve says:

That’s very funny
    Although my poor partner does not even own a bed side table as it never even crossed my mind that he might need one
    A touch megan I’m thinking
    But maybe true !! X

11. Nadia says:

Ruth I love your messy side table!! lol at the fanta can, such a massive difference:D

12. Ali says:

This is why women are just more interesting. I love having a snoop through someone else’s health and beauty products.

Ali

13. LilyM says:

Your post literally made me laugh out loud :D

14. MariaBent says:

Not quite so many things on my night table, just lip balm, tissues, glass, water and (always) a book, but…I have a whole “dressing” room for my cosmetics, etc. In hotels I tend to take possession of the table/desk that most rooms have.
    Like Mr.Weng’s, Mr.B’s side definitely has a telephone charger, plus coins, passport and driver’s license that somehow always seem to get out of his wallet:))

15. Natalie says:

I don’t think you’re alone in this Ruth! Thankfully after much nagging, I intervened my boyfriend’s routine with face wash, exfoliator, a facial brush and two types of moisturiser. He only listened because his acne was terrible.. I presume he uses them! Ha x

16. Anna G. says:

Oh Ruth,that was a really spot on post!Seriously,how do out stuff manage to mix themselves up so much?:P Really,we could have all the space in the world and it would never be enough to store toiletries in…Oh,the difficulties of life…

17. Jen says:

Ha! Ain’t that the truth. I went on vacation with my boyfriend over the holidays, and my night table was a disaster (sunscreen, mascara, advil, ear plugs, books, jewelry) and his was clean, except for a lone chapstick ;)

It’s also funny- when I look at your night table here, I don’t think “what a mess!”, I think “ooh, look at all those beauty goodies!” :)

Funny post!

18. Clare says:

So true Ruth! Love this

19. Valens says:

ahaha two different worlds!
    I can’t stop laughing XD
    You’re super, Ruth!!!

xoxo
    Valens

20. MakeUpNaive says:

Mines got eyeglasses, bottled mineral water for quick thirst quencher at night, comb and of course my handy dandy Chapstick lip balm. Anywhere else where theres a woman you will always bound to find cosmetics

21. Helen says:

That’s so funny! I love how lonely the can of fanta looks!! :D

22. Kim says:

There really is a huge difference. Its hilarious. Does heever ask about ‘all’ your stuff?

23. Phil says:

Love it :D
    It’s almost eerie!

24. Weng says:

Oh my goodness, that does look extremely familiar! Do I dare say that that looks like my dressing table at home on a regular basis? I can just pile up so much at a time, let alone at a hotel! I spot some very similar items on your table like I have on mine such as the Dior bronzer, Dior lipstick, headache pills and water and cotton buds… oh the list goes on! On my husband’s side I only see his watch and the telephone charger… It must be some skills that us ladies “acquire”!

25. Martina says:

Oh, but we need much more stuff!

26. I get no end of dirty looks about the size and weight of “our” toiletries bag whenever we travel :-S
    At home…he has a small bedside cabinet that’s surface looks like your husbands…
    I…on the other hand,have the entire top of a rather large chest of drawers…and all the bathroom cabinet…
    and the bottom drawer of said chest of drawers…but that one’s a secret…shhh!
    I wish there were tiny miniatures of every single product!

27. Love in a mist says:

Haha, hilarious! Exactly, women across the land will be nodding in agreement!
    This is pretty much what my dressing table looks like ( but more products and more messy!) by Monday even though it has a tidy up and I put everything away every Sunday lol!
    My hubbie would ( and has in the past) wash his face and whole body in fairy liquid if given half a chance lol! Bless him!

28. Gemma Raby says:

My husbands bedside table resembles that, except he would also have packet of twiglets or pork scratchings for urgent, healthy conscious midnight snacking

29. dom says:

The amount of effort we ladies go through, just to look presentable. Sigh. Men are definitely luckier than us in this department.

30. Ana says:

Oh my god. Thank you so much for the 8 AM laugh.

31. Turnipbites says:

I absolutely love your humor(: xx
    I think I also left my nipple tassels at home once, oh the horror! Haha, i quite enjoyed this post. Probably more than I should have. :D

Comments are closed.