Clever Bikinis…

Thanks so much for all of your help the other day with choosing a new bikini – I ended up choosing numbers one and two! I’ll let you know how I get on with them. As I was trawling and re-trawling, I saw some absolute beauties made by Violet Lake and it reminded me of a post that I published two years ago when my tummy was much flatter and my head less full of a million to-do lists! I really must step up the game on those ab crunches – LOOK AT MY STOMACH! I’d have to go mining with a pickaxe to find anything resembling that at the moment!

Anyway, moving on: Violet Lake bikinis. You can read the original (vintage!) post here, or see the Violet Lake items in the sales here. There are some new styles that didn’t exist when I wrote the original post and I am very, very tempted to add some to my basket. Though I am (at this moment) still waiting for the first basket’s worth to arrive, so it feels a bit wrong to be loading back up already!

© 2017 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. July 8, 2012 / 10:29 am

Gorge pics, Ruth! And, may I say, an excellent choice of bikiniage – I thought one and two as well.

Oh, and being a mum to a one-year old and running my own business I TOTALLY get the “aaarrgh, I look like a Flump but have no time to exercise” feeling (although, I seriously doubt that you look as bad as you suggest!) Anyway, I’ve been doing these workouts from Bodyrock.tv – 12 minutes a day, interval training, they post videos near on every day and they’ve got a wicked archive. THAT has been a lifesaver to me, and a lot of people say to me that they don’t believe I’ve had a child. Deffo recommend! (I don’t work for them in case you were wondering!)

• Ruth
      July 8, 2012 / 2:07 pm

Oh thanks Gem, I shall most definitely check that out – I’m getting a little bored of my 30 Day Shred video already! xx

• July 8, 2012 / 6:52 pm

Yeah, I always have to switch it up because I get seriously bored with just one. Tracy Anderson’s resistance workouts are great (although her cardio is snoresville) and if you fancy something completely sadistic, something like Insanity or P90X from Beachbody.com delivers the shiz! Some of the transformations on YT are unreal! xx

• Ruth
          July 8, 2012 / 10:02 pm

Oh God, new obsession coming on… x

• July 9, 2012 / 7:43 am

I know, right!? : ) x

2. Joana Richard
    July 8, 2012 / 12:42 pm

Lovely ;)

3. judelovesthis
    July 8, 2012 / 5:07 pm

Just what I needed to see after stuffing a full on chicken roast into my size 16 being. Still you look amazing and my diet starts tomorrow!! xx

4. July 8, 2012 / 6:36 pm

really love those bikinis, you look amazing in them!

5. Isabel
    July 8, 2012 / 7:37 pm

I love the black bikini! I was searching for something similar, but I found a nice black/white bikini!
    And your stomach in my opinion it doesn’t look bad! (I have a little more stomach than you, I’m going to make something!)

• Ruth
      July 8, 2012 / 10:01 pm

No, it looks great in these pics, I mean now! xx

6. Alexandra
    July 9, 2012 / 6:19 pm

Hi Ruth, good recommendations with regards to the bikinis. I was wondering, since summer is here and this is a post about bikinis, do you have any recommendations for good laser hair removal clinics in London. I was browsing the internet, but I can’t find something that would be like “yes, this is a good and trusted one”. Please let me know.

Thank you in advance and have a good week.

Alexandra

• Ruth
      July 11, 2012 / 1:22 pm

Ah, not something I have done I’m afraid! I’m so sorry – I’ll ask around! xx

7. Zoe
    July 10, 2012 / 10:46 am

Love the black bikini! I have been looking for a classic black bikini for ages and that might just do the trick. You look like you have a similar body to mine, so hopefully I can pull it off that good!

8. yasmine choudhry
    July 12, 2012 / 9:52 pm

Hi Ruth
    OMG What a Fab body great bikinis too so envious
    what is your current exercise regime

9. pheebs
    August 13, 2012 / 10:28 am

i love your orange bikini!! i cant tell looking at the website whether its in ‘geranium’, ‘scarlet’ or the really orange ‘tangerine’?

• Ruth