My Fragrance Collection

Lots of you have been asking for a “fragrance collection” video and so I have caved in to popular demand! This isn’t a collection so much as “the bottles of perfume that have ended up on my special shelf”, but there are some firm favourites in there so I hope that you’ll find it quite interesting. I love nosing about in other people’s bathrooms, so perhaps there are a few kindred spirits out there!

Before any of you get overly worried, the lights in the perfume “alcove” are rarely on – they are for posh display purposes only, so they don’t heat up the fragrances. Ditto steam: the steam barely reaches this part of the bathroom and there’s also an extractor fan over the bath area. So the perfumes are pretty safe for the moment – don’t get all concerned like some of my more anxious-pants Youtube viewers!

Right – on with the show. Sorry about the interruption mid-way through – I’m on a bit of a vote-canvassing mission this week as I am one of Youtube’s “On the Rise” candidates. If you can spare ten seconds – literally all it takes – then please do click through to Youtube’s blog and stick a tick in the box next to A Model Recommends. (Top right hand corner of the page when it’s in full web display mode.) If all of the people reading this post spared ten seconds this morning then I would be very, very grateful. If you’re reading this after July 19th 2012 then voting has closed and you’re off the hook!

Most of the fragrances shown have dedicated reviews here on the site – if they have then the links will be shown in the information below the video pane.

Enjoy, my fragrant friends!

(Video link for those who can’t see embedded video: http://youtu.be/uRoaGNVkgL8)

2016 A Model Recommends: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. Outward links to retailers will usually be affiliate links. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. Tracy Leslie
    July 16, 2012 / 7:58 am

I’ve voted for you on You Tube! Could you PLEASE (this is my third time asking!!)now let me know if you have ever tried Perles de Lalque??? If nit you really need to and I would love to know what you think. Its hard to get hold of but you can get it cheaply on Amazon.

July 16, 2012 / 9:42 am

Did the others show up? How weird! No, haven’t tried it! I’m so sorry – I’ll try to find it next time I’m in town! x

2. Emma Jane
    July 16, 2012 / 8:14 am

Have you tried Fracas by Robert Piguet? It’s absolutely gorgeous! It’s one of those fragrances that everyone asks what it is & I’ve never meet anyone else who wears it. Jo Malone’s Tuberose is almost identical but not quite as potent & long lasting x

July 16, 2012 / 9:41 am

Must try the Tuberose! x

3. July 16, 2012 / 8:35 am

I’m so looking forward to mooching your vid once I’m back from my writing class : ) I own over 100 bottles of perfume. I am a total scent junkie. The Taurean of all Taureans ruled by Venus when it comes to my nose : ) Tartware reigns supreme in this Castle.
    Good luck with the vote, I have just voted. It took approximately a peco-second. I hope everyone does it, you are currently in the lead, Ruth x x

July 16, 2012 / 9:41 am

Thanks Yasmin! Which writing course are you on? Good? x

• July 21, 2012 / 9:18 am

Oh it’s a class that a friend of mine moderates, sometimes I run it too. It’s aces, we take a liberated approach but learn from each other’s work. A piece of mine created in it was used in an anthology that was launched last month and featured in local papers which was sweet.

July 21, 2012 / 9:41 am

Sounds great! x

4. Mariosa de Faoite
    July 16, 2012 / 8:42 am

Voted for you.
    You’re winning at the moment.
    Good luck.

July 16, 2012 / 10:42 pm

Quelle horreur! x

July 16, 2012 / 10:41 pm

Thanks! x

5. Kaitlyn
    July 16, 2012 / 1:44 pm

Can you vote more then once?

July 16, 2012 / 10:41 pm

Don’t think so! xx

6. July 16, 2012 / 3:10 pm

Great video, Ruth. Just watched this and then your bespoke perfume video from last year, I really, really, really want a go at the customisation now. What an amazing idea! You sounded so pleased with the service and final perfume.
    Love your collection by the way and have scribbled a few down x x x Also voted for you, you’re in the lead. Yay, hope you win as you deserve to. :)

July 16, 2012 / 11:29 pm

Thanks Essjay! x

7. Jam
    July 16, 2012 / 3:36 pm

Dunno, that space painting guy is pretty awesome ;) I voted for you anyway, love your videos!

July 16, 2012 / 10:41 pm

I KNOW!!!! x

8. Kate
    July 16, 2012 / 3:45 pm

Hello! This is an unrelated question, but do you mind me asking if getting signed by your first agency was hard work? Did it take awhile or were you instantly hired and booked for jobs?
    Thanks! :)

July 16, 2012 / 11:29 pm

I was scouted by Models1 so that was easy, but building up a portfolio and getting money jobs is hard work! 1000 times harder now that there are no jobs and loads of models! x

9. July 16, 2012 / 6:34 pm

I love your perfume collection – Whow.
    My favourites are Pure Tiffany by Tiffany – have you tried this? It is gorgeous. I’m also a fan of Creed Love in White and Tom Fords Oud wood and lavender palm.

July 16, 2012 / 11:28 pm

Oh yes, must give the Lavender Palm a proper try! xx

10. Kim
    July 16, 2012 / 8:48 pm

Brilliant video, I’m emailing this to my boyfriend for future reference!
    Have you ever tried anything from the Ortiga range, Ruth? I’ve just bought the Fico D’India perfume (sold in Heals shops) which is very fig-gy and with a heavy cedar scent too. I wonder if it’s similar to that Aqua Di Parma cologne?
    P.s. your bathroom looks like awesome!

July 16, 2012 / 11:28 pm

Have a few minis, still haven’t tried properly! x

11. Marie
    July 16, 2012 / 9:46 pm

Dear Ruth,
    Another great video ! It’s always so nice to see you and listen to you !
    The entire video I was mesmerized by your fabulous ponytail: tutorial please ! How did you achieve it ? it looks chic and simple at the same time.

By the way, I voted for you on youtube. Fingers crossed ! You deserve it. x

July 16, 2012 / 10:22 pm

I had a blow-dry at Trevor Sorbie, that’s why it looks so neat! xx

12. lahna
    July 17, 2012 / 3:48 am

I have the chanel coco mademoiselle too! i agree that its kind of ” every where ” but i still like it. Its almost gone so its time to search for a new one! intrigued by the Tom Ford ones…… and the custom floris fragrance sounds AMAZING!! im sad i live in the ol’ US of A :(

13. July 17, 2012 / 10:11 pm

My goodness, you have such a lovely home. That little fragrance alcove is gorgeous! And those perfumes?? *dies* :P

14. Jools
    July 21, 2012 / 7:13 pm

I love to try new perfumes, but my favourite is still Chanel Coco – it’s become my ‘signature’scent. I also like Estee Lauder’s Private Collection ‘Tuberose’ – it’s almost hypnotic! Very tempted by Tom Ford’s White Patchouli though – that might be going on my birthday list!

July 22, 2012 / 6:46 pm

Yes, that’s very lovely! x

15. Lea
    July 21, 2012 / 8:45 pm

Thank you for great video! I use Molecules 1 as well, I always get lots of nice comments. If you like Jo Malone Rose with Oud, why don’t you try Kilian Rose Oud (Harvey Nics). It is an amazing fragnance!

16. Rachel
    July 22, 2012 / 8:13 pm

Hi Ruth,
    Recently I bought the chole perfume and have only wore it twice and both time’s it has been commented on but in a bad way.They say it smells like a hangover. haha. So thank you for the video and the advice on the frangrances.

July 23, 2012 / 12:35 am

HAHA! I like that description! x

17. Melissa
    August 17, 2012 / 4:07 pm

Hi Ruth,

Just been into Jo Malone and managed to get my hands on the velvet rose and oud (it has sold out all over). It is an amazing fragrance, anyways just wanted to let you know that the lady I spoke to said demand had been so high that they are almost certain it will be coming back! Yay!

August 17, 2012 / 10:02 pm