A Model Recommends

This video! Blimey, it has taken an absolute age to put together! I wanted to film some of it in the rain and some of it in the sun, but it has taken WEEKS for the sun to appear! Now that it’s finally out, we are all sat sweltering in London and cursing the fact that only about 0.002% of buildings have any air con. I, for one, am going a bit stir-crazy because I have so much work to do, and I’m stuck in my office with the blinds closed and my various computer-devices kicking out an extra 100 degrees of heat. Usually it can never be too hot for me – give me a flimsy dress and a tree to retire under for a nap and I’m a happy woman – but when you’re stuck inside? Ugh.

You’ll notice that I’ve done a spectacular job of applying my St Tropez in the video. If I make it look easy, then that’s because it is easy. My Mum could do it, and she once brushed her teeth with Immac. Or was that my Dad? One thing to note, that I didn’t mention in the video, is that as well as the Perfect Legs Spray giving an instant bronzed finish to the skin, it works away beneath the bronze to give a lasting self-tan. So it’s a double-duty kind of product! I mention that so that you remember to use a mitt and really make sure that you have blended properly. It takes mere seconds, but just have a little check on the backs of calves and the inside thigh area to make sure you haven’t missed any areas out!

Right. Here’s the video. Do enjoy the part where my skirt flies up and the section where I put a bag on my head like a lunatic. It’s all for your amusement, I am here merely to serve.

With thanks to St Tropez for sponsoring my weather video! You can find the Perfect Legs Spray at Debenhams here: http://tidd.ly/fbf4f3df

Share →

19 Responses to How to be Prepared for the British Summer

1. Mariah says:

LOVE this video. What sunglasses are you wearing (I’m a little obsessed)?

2. Shifu says:

Hey ruth! I stumbled upon your blog only recently. I love all your videos and blog entries. I just had a quick question in my mind. I would really appreciate if you could take some time out of your busy life to help me with the crisis. I am an engineering student, but quite passionate about modelling. I have never been involved in any professional photoshoots per se. But I would love to give it a shot. So can you guide me through as to where exactly i make a beginning with this career and if it a risk worth taking? Love xx

• Ruth says:

Hey Shifu, type Model FAQ into the search box and a list of excatly that type of post comes up! You will find it helpful, I think! x

3. Ruby Blue says:

I do not live in Britain normally but I am here for the month and I know exactly what you’re talking about! I found one of those teeny tiny umbrellas at Cath Kidston and I also bought Hunter boots :)

4. Lol you’re so cute Ruth–that shot with you wearing a plastic bag :P

5. Rita the parachutist says:

Ruth! Just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate all your efforts to make high-quality videos, I’m sure you realise how much we all love them (and you)!
    Thank you, much love and keep it up :)

6. I’m a magnet for summer downpours in London – especially when there’s some sort of transport strike going on, and the only tube station for 5 miles is closed. I always seem to be wearing something hugely sheer and have to end up going barefoot with a bag slung over my head – but not with nearly as much style as you’re achieving in the video:)

7. Syvie says:

Oh this is one of your silliest videos yet! I love it!

8. Cath says:

Hahahaha… I love your humour! British! Long live the Queen. Incidentally, my little island, Singapore, was once part of the British Colony! n_n

9. Joana Richard says:

Love It :)

10. Jools says:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! The bag!!!! Ha ha ha ha !!! Thought no one was as mad as me but I was sooooooo wrong!!!!

11. Marjet says:

Ohh, don’t get me started. Your Dutch neighbours know all about the weather, haha! :) xx

12. Mel says:

Anyone from UK will know how accurate you are about the weather.. I’ve one of those St Tropez spray’s so glad you showed what to do, I’d have just sprayed my legs thinking that was it. Yesterday, I put on VANI-T Bronzing Custard, which is a gradual tanner & moisturiser.. It has organic and natural ingredients, it rubs in lovely has a great colour and no smell :D xx

13. Vera says:

aaand what about a make-up tutorial of your “winter” look? Looks quite simple but pretty.