Jurlique Rose Moisturising Cleanser

Posted · 14 Comments

Another lovely cleanser to add to my ever-growing list – Jurlique’s Moisturising Cleanser with Rosehip Oil and an “Antioxidant Complex”. I have no idea what this Antioxidant Complex is, other than what it says on the tube – “a potent blend of ingredients designed to help protect against free radicals”. I’m always slightly skeptical about cleansers being able to do miraculous things, because they are on the skin for such a short amount of time, but whatever: I really, really like this cleanser.

You’ll have probably guessed that this product smells of roses, which means that it’s immediately appealing to me (especially as it’s the oh-so-special Jurlique rose, which is just sublime!) but the cleanser gets a good report on all fronts; texture, effectiveness, price. It’s a soft and gentle cleanser that does an adequate job of removing makeup, can be rinsed away without need for a cloth or flannel (I know that sometimes it’s nice just to rinse and go!) and leaves the skin feeling supple and smooth rather than dry and tight.

A good one if your skin is feeling a little dehydrated and tired – it claims to be a foaming cleanser but rest assured that this is nothing like a foaming cleanser. It’s more of a whipped texture than a foamy one, so don’t be scared if you have previously used a foaming cleanser that shrivelled your face into a dried-up prune. Price-wise, this comes in at a nice £16.20 with free worldwide delivery at FeelUnique.com

Browse other rose-scented things

Browse more cleanser reviews

14 Responses to "Jurlique Rose Moisturising Cleanser"
  1. Yuliya says:

does it dissolves makeup and doesnt clogg pores????)))))

2. Samantha says:

…and just to add on to my last comment, I’ve been looking for a cleanser that effectively removes makeup so another reason to try this one! Yay!

3. Samantha says:

I use Jurlique’s purifying cleansing lotion, facial moisturiser and exfoliant, and also their rose hand cream – love love love Jurlique! I know what you mean about the heavenly scent… Definitely adding this one to my list of products to try!! Xx

4. ayten says:

Hi Ruth! i’ve got a question to ask but it’s off the post:) i’ve been contemplating upon buying Dermalogica Sheer Tint Moisture SPF 15. I wonder if you have any idea about this product? Is it good or is there a better substitute for this that you would reccomend? (my skin type is dry to normal) I don’t like to put foundation on my face on a daily basis yet i’d like my skin to look more even and glowy. i’d like sth dermatological so i thought this was the best option.

As this is a rather pricey product i’d like to be happy with the purchase. And your opinion is very important for me:)

Thank you so much beforehand!

• Ruth says:

I’m so sorry, I haven’t tried this! The only products I tend to use from Dermalogica are the Multivitamin ones! xx

5. kelley says:

love rose smell as well so will check out. have you tried the dr Sebagh Rose de vie serum? it smells divine and is very calming.

6. Erin says:

I have this lying around! Hallelujah for samples and freebies. Have you tried KORA, Ruth? I want to like it because Miranda Kerr is such a doll, but I trust your opinion more than any anonymous reviewers!

7. Upa says:

Sounds delicious. I, too, love the smell of roses. Can it be used with the Clarisonic, do you think?

8. Sophie says:

Thanks Ruth, I shall try this cleanser once I use up my current FANCL ‘magic powder’ cleanser:)

9. I really wanted to love Jurlique because I like their natural philosophy–but unfortunately, every single product of theirs I tried gave me such a migraine because they were all so heavily scented. It’s like I had sprayed pure rose perfume on my face :/

• Ruth says:

LOL, yes, I know what you mean. I don’t find this one too bad at all, though. It’s about the same strength as the hand cream. But maybe you find that too strong? xx

Comments are closed.