NUXE Huile Prodigieuse: Dupes

Posted · 17 Comments

I mentioned in my Summer Essentials Video that there were a couple of “dupes” for the gorgeous NUXE Huile Prodigieuse. I hate the word “dupes” because it implies that the other versions are attempting to copy or “pass themselves off” as the original, but in the world of beauty, most things are replicated on a regular basis. There are only so many shades of red lipstick or taupe eyeshadow that can be in existence, so naturally there must be some repetition.

Anyway, back to NUXE and their oil Prodigieuse. The version with gold glimmer costs £23.70 with free delivery (FeelUnique.com) and is worth every single penny. It lasts way longer than an entire summer, and that’s using it A LOT. It has a spray bottle, which makes it easy to apply, and you get 100ml.

The Body Shop make a version of a shimmering oil, but the shimmer isn’t anywhere near as striking as in the NUXE oil. It’s £16 for 100ml (buy online at The Body Shop) and although it’s a decent oil, so long as the NARS NUXE (brain-fry) version exists I would always save up and spend the extra £8.

Champneys, however, have done quite a lovely shimmering oil with Jojoba and Sesame. It’s lighter than the NUXE and doesn’t have the same heady, exotic fragrance, but the shimmer and effect is almost identical. It’s £10 from Boots.com, making it quite a great “budget” buy. You know how much it must pain me to do a “dupes” post – I’d rather just talk about the best version of something, whether it be cheaper or more expensive! – but I was quite surprised by how similar this one was to the Prodigieuse.

Hold the press: I have another oil to add to the collection. It’s the Polynesia Sacred Oil from Thalgo (Thalgo.com) and it has a beautiful scent and a gorgeous shimmery finish. This comes in a 50ml bottle and costs £26, so it’s the priciest of the lot! But Thalgo do a mighty nice body product…

17 Responses to "NUXE Huile Prodigieuse: Dupes"
  1. Christina Covarrubias says:

Why isn’t NARS in this post?! (not counting it being in there on accident) They have a wonderful gold shimmer body oil that smells like BLISS.

I’m guessing that it’s not similar enough to the NUXE one?

Love the other recommendations, I’m going to check them out-Nuxe can be hard to find in LA.

Love,
    Christina

2. SyllyMakeup says:

I love Nuxe brand, is one of my favorites!
    good choice

3. Alice says:

I use the non gold version of the Nuxe but when I’m in France I always treat myself to a bottle of Lierac Sensorielle Huile aux 3 Fleurs for a change. It’s so very lovely.

4. Rolah says:

I just review my Nuxe oil as well! It’s been with me for a while, an amazing product that I (amazingly enough) bought randomly at a French pharmacy! I’m just realizing now how popular this product is/ has become!

5. I’ve been wanting to try the Nuxe one for a while, but because I’ve always hated purchasing beauty products from the internet (especially something as “superfluous” as a glimmering body oil [because I don't use products like this often]), I think I will go ahead and check out the Body Shop version

6. Laura says:

I thought about buying the NUXE oil on your recommendation, but then I remembered I have a very similar product from one of MAC’s limited edition collections – their Bronze Body Oil that came out with ‘To The Beach’ and again with ‘Hey Sailor’!
    I shall dig it out and try to enjoy it whilst the sun is still shining!

7. gabriela says:

This dupe thing is kind of funny, because Nuxe is already a dupe of the Carita one, that one is the original :) …and the best in my humble opinion.

8. Mona says:

Great post I love shimmery oils, just few more that are great: Carita Fluide de Beaute Paillete and Nars Monoi Body Glow! But you’re absolutely right Nuxe remains the gold reference!
    xo
    Mona

9. Upa says:

Now this is a product I’d never have considered buying but now the Nuxe sounds very, very tempting and full of possibilities.
    Ruth, my budget is getting hit a bit hard again thanks to all the wonderful things you bring to our doorsteps – and now we have fall coming up and more must-haves. Actually, it’s all great fun! Thanks!

10. alice says:

“and although it’s a decent oil, so long as the NARS version exists I would always save up and spend the extra £8.”
    wait, what NARS oil, you never mentioned any NARS oil!

11. madii says:

I think you meant NUXE not NARS in the 3rd paragraph ;)

12. Rhi says:

Ah, I have tried the Body Shop version, and while I think it smells gorgeous and looks beautiful and subtle on the skin (makes me look more bronzed with a sexy sheen) I find it impossible to get out of the bottle! I literally have to spend forever smacking it into my hand to get a teeny bit to dribble out, meanwhile sending little droplets flying everywhere! Definitely want to try the NUXE as it comes in a spray, much easier!

13. liloo says: