Oh, Golden Jungle Palette:  you thing of absolute beauty. So heavy, so luxe, so brilliantly designed with your little silver door to protect the lipgloss! (See also the Dior Blue Tie Evening Essentials for snazzy trapdoor action.) And your shades! So wearable, so perfect for the amazingly hot late summer that we are definitely going to have!

I have been playing about with the Golden Jungle (I have the “Golden Khakis” version) and it’s incredibly easy to create a casual smoky eye for daytime using the two paler shades. The lightest can be used all over the lid and then the medium over the outer third just to shape the eye a little. If you wish, you can blend some of the darkest shade into the socket to create a bit of depth. For evening, you can ramp up the shadows a bit by using the medium all over the lid and the darkest smoked along the lashline and blended into the crease of the eyelid. Use the lightest shade over the very centre of the lid as a highlight, and a touch to the inner corners of the eye.

The pale pink gloss works well with either of the looks and can be layered over lipstick, too, if you prefer more colour with your smoky eye.

So there – a limited edition palette that looks amazing but is actually usable! Sometimes I do think that limited edition palettes can be a bit…tricky. Pastels and purples and strange colours that you’ll never wear, but you buy the palette because it looks so desirable… Well this one definitely does not fall into this category – it’s just a shame that one day it will be all used up! Collectors will keep theirs boxed and pristine, but I have already set to work on mine, brushes in the shadows and fingers in the gloss!

The Golden Jungle Palette is £49.50 with free delivery from Escentual.com

Share →

11 Responses to Seriously Amazing: Dior’s Golden Jungle Palette

1. [...] attention; “Wild” from Dior. It’s part of the Golden Jungle collection (see the amazing palette here) and so it’s limited edition. It looks brown in the stock image and it looks like a medium, [...]

2. Coco says:

Wow. This is so pretty! I totally agree with you that holiday/ limited palette sometimes are not very user friendly. This one looks very practical.

3. Leila says:

These are so lovely! I love Dior’s design too, so sleek. The whole collection is quite pretty and wearable overall, despite having some darker shades.

I’m just sad we don’t get the Golden Savannah palette (5 Couleurs) over here. *Sigh* I was so looking forward to that, I mean we didn’t even get the Couture Golds palette last Christmas, so I was hoping to have another chance for a golden/browny palette from Dior.

Well, I’ll check this one out, it’s just hard to choose!

4. Cat says:

Dior is one of the few that consistently create beautiful, easy-to-use palettes. I keep telling myself that I really don’t need a Golden Jungle Palette, but it is so, so beautiful. I am weak willed when it comes to beautiful makeup.

5. Ali says:

I will be strong. I must be strong! But oh you make it so hard :P

• Upa says:

Agreed! Soooo want it especially after your great explanation of how to use the swirled-in colors and the description of the packaging…simply to die for. But will practice restraint in anticipation of the gems I just KNOW you’ll roll out for fall! :) xx

6. Ahh I’m so jealous you have the Golden Khaki version there! Oh well, I told myself I’d purchase only one from the collection anyways and I’ve decided to go with Golden Savannah. This one is so lovely though

7. Emma says:

Are there some lipsticks in this collection too please? X