My H&M Cat Vest

Ruth Crilly

The video below shows a very quick “outfit of the day” typed thing. It’s a bit silly, really, but it does show you how I wore my cat vest on hols! The cat vest was £7.99 from H&M, if you root about there might be a few left.. I wore my Hanky Panky bandeau underneath, which was perhaps a mistake as it flattens my boobs out. I think that the cat’s head could have benefitted some boob-sculpturing beneath it! The silk skirt was from Banana Republic a few years ago. I’ve worn it so much it has started to go see-through on the bottom, which isn’t a good look. I reckon it only has one more summer left in it before it goes to the big duster heaven underneath the kitchen sink…

Lipgloss is “Reyna” by Kevyn Aucoin (see here). Beautiful texture, but the shade is a bit off on me. I love the look of Tulipina, but I have SOOOOOOOO many glosses to try out at the moment, I must resist. Nail polish is Chanel’s Holiday: http://tidd.ly/aeb2109a

Enjoy the video, and feel free to subscribe to my Vlog Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ModelScrapbook

© 2017 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. Outward links to retailers are affiliate links. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. judelovesthis
    August 27, 2012 / 9:42 am

haha! ‘put your shoe on, I can’t take you seriously’ BRILLIANT! That gave me a proper lol on this gloomy wet morning!

2. August 27, 2012 / 12:22 pm

I also have this cat vest. Slight obsession with black cats due to the fact that I have one (previously two… RIP Billy :() but I’m so glad you gave me the heads up on this – too nice for an avid cat lady to miss out on!

• Ruth
      August 27, 2012 / 10:16 pm

Go find! xx

3. Rita the parachutist
    August 27, 2012 / 12:37 pm

Oh isn’t it sad when the things we love most get old and disreputable ;)
    Love the video!

4. Ly
    August 27, 2012 / 2:03 pm

aww, well that was bit cute!

5. August 27, 2012 / 4:29 pm

That’s so cute, Ruth! I bought a cat-print sweater from H&M last fall and it’s one of my favourites :)

6. Natalie
    August 28, 2012 / 6:40 pm

Aww!!
    Cute video & lovley outfit. Lovley to hear the smile in your voice (as well as seeing it) when you talk to Mr AMR..
    Also great to put the Lilly bag with a h&m top.

7. Michelle
    August 29, 2012 / 11:00 am

I’ve become addicted to these videos recently,especially when I’m trying to study :) This question doesn’t relate to this post but I was just wondering where you bought the blue check shirt you’ve worn in several videos? Its really pretty so I hope its still available somewhere!

• Ruth
      August 29, 2012 / 11:03 am

A&F? x

8. September 4, 2012 / 5:32 am

Your cat vest is simply brilliant. I’ve got a pink H&M sweater with black Scottie dogs printed all over it. Crazy animal people with their crazy animal print clothes – yay! ;-)

9. September 5, 2012 / 6:12 am

Love the catface, especially the eyelashes.
    I tend to find when my fave clothes get old they morph into nightwear if they’re cotton and suitable. I’m typing this in a brown cotton top I’ve had for almost twenty years; it’s mega comfortable, worn thin and makes the perfect cover up for those slightly chilly autumnal mornings.. x