Christopher Kane for TIGI Headband

I love this faux-leather headband from TIGI! I’m partial to a headband anyway, but this one’s tougher and edgier than most. A headband with a twist. The knotted design is by Christopher Kane (the British Fashion Council’s Designer of the Year) and it is available at selected TIGI Catwalk salons when you purchase two products.

You can find the nearest Catwalk salon to you on their website: http://www.catwalkbytigi.com/salon-finder

© 2017 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. Tiff
    August 29, 2012 / 7:34 am

Ruth,
    I bought liquid gold and tried it twice so far. My skin around my nose and chin are peeling off. Please tell me what i can do. I tried hydrating serum and moisturizer but in vain. And it cant b covered by foundation or concealer. They even highlighted it

• Ruth
      August 29, 2012 / 8:55 am

Is it sore or itchy? x

• Tiff
        August 29, 2012 / 9:36 am

Not at all

• Ruth
          August 29, 2012 / 9:56 am

Weird! So long as you’re not itchy or sore, give it a couple of weeks. Not many products work instantly so maybe your skin needs to adjust! Make sure you stop if there’s any irritation though xx

• Pia
            August 29, 2012 / 11:00 am

I was trying out LG twice a week as well and my skin just seems really angry at the moment – I’ve got dry patches around my nose and some other areas of my face, while the texture and skin tone is uneven. There are also some small bumps across my cheek area. They’re not breakouts per se but the skin isn’t smooth. I’m not sure whether it’s the LG that wreaked havoc or whether it’s due to the weather/another product. Even though I’ve stopped using LG for the time being, nothing seems to be getting my skin back to normal :(

• Ruth
            August 29, 2012 / 11:03 am

Hmm. Weird! x

• Cath
      August 30, 2012 / 4:08 pm

Different skin will react differently… I’m finding it a tad too mild. Or I’m too impatient. Using alternative nights.

2. August 29, 2012 / 8:01 am

Off topic here: but you would not believe the whooping and hollerin’ that went on in this house recently when Alice Temperley was on as guest judge on “Project Runway” (in the States) and I knew who she was because you’d mentioned she was the hottest designer in Britain – I felt so “in the know”! (And yes, I still love the Elemis bag she designed!) See how much it pays to read your blog! :)

• Ruth
      August 29, 2012 / 8:55 am

Do you have that animal print bag too? It’s so brilliant! xx

• August 29, 2012 / 4:26 pm

It took me to Kuala Lumpur and back, never leaving my sight, used on my very long journey there, in fact, when one of my 4 flights (going there) was canceled and I ended up getting to KL 1.5 days later than expected. It helped more than it was meant to! ;)
        LOL! Perhaps I should write a post and load the picture of that beautiful workhorse sitting in front of me on the plane!

3. August 29, 2012 / 10:49 am

Love this headband. I always feel that I cant wear them :/ xx

4. Caroline
    August 29, 2012 / 11:51 am

hi ruth,
    how is your Dr.Hauschka routin going so far??
    when comes the video about bb cremes??

Thanks, big fan from Germany

5. Rita the parachutist
    August 29, 2012 / 4:57 pm

very pretty! I love headbands.. if only I could wear them. I seem to have a strange head, those things always slip back within half an hour, and I’ve tried a few different ones :(

6. August 29, 2012 / 6:36 pm

This looks so pretty, Ruth! Feminine, but with a bit of an edge :)

7. Rita
    August 29, 2012 / 9:58 pm

I love this headband! How can I get one in NZ?

• Ruth
      August 29, 2012 / 10:40 pm

I don’t know whether you can… : (

8. Sara
    August 30, 2012 / 9:25 am

OH that’s cheeky. I love the headband but I dislike TIGI. :(.

xo
    Sara

• Ruth
      August 30, 2012 / 11:43 am

Oh dear! Maybe you could find someone who does and then…oh, I don’t know. Bummer, sorry! x

9. August 31, 2012 / 7:30 pm

Love headbands. They somehow make you look pulled together and accessorised with absolutely minimal effort. Is this ‘pensive?

• August 31, 2012 / 7:31 pm

and by ‘pensive I obviously mean ‘spensive. I know that headbands can’t be thoughtful.

• Ruth