Sunday Tittle Tattle

Posted · 9 Comments

Sunday Tittle Tattle (noun?): everything from the week that I have forgotten to post about, in easy brunch-sized chunks…

Here we go. Sunday Tittle Tattle. Forgive me if I sound a little rittle-rattled, I’m halfway through a 12,000 word MA submission. It’s killing me off. My hands type on the duvet when I’m trying to get to sleep and I see words, misspelt words, flying about behind my closed lids. The deadline looms – what will come first, madness or completion?

Oh do shut up.

1) I am proud – and SO excited – to announce that Yasmin Selena Butt, a longtime reader of A Model Recommends, has PUBLISHED A BOOK! I think that this is an incredible achievement and I am absolutely blown away by all of her hard work and dedication. I know that it has been a hard slog (and I’m beginning to appreciate just how hard, what with all these words I’m having to churn out this week!) but it’s finally here: Gunshot Glitter! I am going to get started on it just as soon as I finish up all of my uni work, but you can buy it now for the Kindle here: Gunshot Glitter and you can follow the behind-the-scenes journey here: http://yasminselenabutt.wordpress.com

2) Winners of the Bear Caption Contest. Mr AMR picked Judelovesthis’s entry, which was “Look at the pencil, look at the pencil, the pencil, the pencil, not around the pencil, don’t look around my pencil, look at my pencil…. You’re under.” Little sister Kate Crilly picked Kirsten Ralley’s entry, which was “2HB or not 2HB that is the question?”. Kate added that she found all of the entries “meowst hilarious”. Give me strength, oh Lord, give me strength. Winners, drop me an email through the contact form and I’ll have a little delve into my prize drawer for you!

3) Winners of the I Coloniali giveaway are as follows – you’ll have received an email by now, so if you are in any doubt as to whether you’re one of these winners, you need only check your inbox and your spam also, just to be safe!

Sensual Silk: LilyM

Ardent Amber: Li

Luxurious Datura: Chris (@ aol.com)

Vanilla: Clare (Nettleship18)

Angel Musk: Tammy (tam-tammy)

Well done winners, let me know how you like your fragrances!

4) Is there a four? I’m sure there was something I wanted to tell you about, beauty-related, but I can’t remember. My brain has turned into some kind of flesh-porridge.

9 Responses to "Sunday Tittle Tattle"
  1. LilyM says:

Whaat!? My heart skipped a beat when I saw my name up on that list lol. I haven’t had any emails though, junk folder and all?

2. Kirsten Ralley says:

Thank you thank you I’m so excited!! Gosh i can’t remember the last time I won anything not since my pony club days way way back!!! U have cheered me up!
    I remember doing my last essay 4 yrs ago for my degree in Adult Nursing, I never thought it was ever going to end!! Good luck x

3. Best if luck with the MA submission. It’s strange how addictive it gets… xx

4. Sara says:

Good luck with your submission! I just finished my Bachelor thesis – never ever again……. until my Master thesis :(((((

5. judelovesthis says:

Oh wow! HOW EXCITING! I have never ever won anything, except a massive onion in a primary school harvest festival competition – someone brought a humungous onion in for the harvest show and I won it by guessing its weight. This is obviously a much more covetable prize though :D Thank you so much Ruth and Mr AMR! xx

• Ruth says:

LOL!!! I shall put together some little goodies for you – just give me a week to get this essay out of the way and then drop me an email with your details! xx

• judelovesthis says:

Oh whenever you get around to it my good lady! I am just chuffed to have the accolade of winner! Good luck with your essay too xx

6. So lovely to wake up to this in my mailbox. Thank you so much, Ruth! All your readers can enjoy the opening chapter on my blog. I’ve had one woman on Facebook tell me she demanded her birthday kindle from her husband two days early, because she needed to carry on reading once she’d read the sampler! I can’t wait to see what you make of Gunshot Glitter.
    Very best of luck with the dissertation, I’ve been there, I know how intense it all feels, but once it’s done you’ll be so proud of yourself and deservedly so; writing is hard work, but it’s a massive buzz knowing it’s all your own creation too. x x

Comments are closed.