Tibetan Shower Cream with Rhubarb

Wanted to pop up this photo because I thought that it came out rather well, considering it was taken on an iPhone. Thank goodness for Instagram, which makes every picture look about seventy times better than the original! And so much easier than having to fiddle about with the exposure and the contrast and all of those other bits and pieces that you have to do with “proper” photography. Mind you, I have to do that with all of my videos, which takes a lot longer, so…sigh.

This lovely bottle of shower cream is by Coloniali, step-brother of I, Claudius. (Boom-boom.) Once the outer cardboard sleeve is removed, it’s quite a masculine bottle, and I think that the fragrance is quite manly too. At any rate, Mr AMR seems to have moved it gradually towards his “part of the shelf”, so I’m guessing it’s a hit.

£14 from Marks and Spencer

© 2016 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. Outward links to retailers will usually be affiliate links. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. Jen Mackay
    September 15, 2012 / 12:18 pm

It’s not often you see “Tibet” and “rhubarb” in the same sentence… There’s something a bit bit Benny Hill about it.

• Ruth
      September 15, 2012 / 7:36 pm

Haha! Yes, I suppose there is! x

2. September 15, 2012 / 1:33 pm

LOL! Thanks for the photo tips! Now if I could only figure out why Instagram won’t accept my user name and password, saying I don’t have an account but when I try to re-register, they say I already have an account. Agh! Technology! ;) I’m green with envy with all who can fool around with Instagram…but only in a NICE way, I assure you! ;)

3. Flick
    September 15, 2012 / 2:18 pm

this looks lovely, though there’s a hint of Ab Fab about the name ;-)

4. Sophiabencks
    September 15, 2012 / 2:50 pm

Ha, my dad was given the Shower Oil of this, but didn’t get that you were still meant to use it IN the shower (it foams up but is a rich oil to begin with), so slapped it all on after his shower and then kept commenting that his skin felt ‘really sticky’ and that the oil wasn’t sinking in!
    Needless to say he abandoned it and I nabbed it, it’s gorgeous! x

• Sophiabencks
      September 15, 2012 / 3:17 pm

Also, unrelated question if I may?
      I’m getting married abroad next year and plan to do my own make-up. I’m already quite in to my make-up and know the basics of how to apply etc, but I thought I would get myself a lesson to make sure I know what to do and have all the right products. Do you have anywhere / anyone you would recommend for a lesson in the London area?
      Many thanks! x

• Ruth
        September 15, 2012 / 7:39 pm

YES! One of my best friends, Dina, is a top session MUA. She does weddings and trials and so will have no probs at all giving a lesson. She’s fab. Find her at http://www.d-dmakeup.com/contact-2/
        xx

• Sophiabencks
          September 16, 2012 / 8:39 am

Excellent, thank you I’ll give her a bell – as I recall didn’t she do your wedding makeup? Looks perfect thanks! x

• Ruth
            September 16, 2012 / 7:06 pm

Yes, she did a fine job! x

• Ruth
      September 15, 2012 / 7:37 pm

Hahahaha!!!! Brilliant! x

5. Sera
    September 15, 2012 / 11:19 pm

Ruth! Just saw your Telegraph video! I wanted to say congratulations on your success and fabulous job on the look! Keep up the amazing work! Be sure to update us on here of your videos on Telegraph because I’d love to watch them! And keep the monthly favorites coming! Your skin is absolutely flawless and I am waiting to settle down a bit before I go out and purchase the Alpha H Liquid Gold – have you changed anything in your skincare routine? I cannot stop watching your videos because you are genuinely so breath-taking without anything on it’s ridiculous! All the best and congrats again!

• Ruth
      September 16, 2012 / 7:07 pm

Thank you!!! Actually my skin has been weird recently, very temperamental. I’ve still been using Liquid Gold but actually the serum more often as it has Salicylic as well, which is good for blemishes! x