A Model Recommends

I love it when my hair is exactly as I want it. The colour, the style, the length. This week I feel as though I’ve hit jackpot, hair-wise; I had my colour done last week at the ever-brilliant Trevor Sorbie Covent Garden. Faultless, as usual. Nathan (John was on his hols!) added some darker, more honeyed tones to bring my colour back down for Autumn. (Did summer even HAPPEN?) I think that this is probably my optimum hair-tone, actually – a massive mix of honey and caramel blonde with my darker ash tones underneath and a few lighter highlights running through the top sections. It makes my skin look more radiant than when I’m rocking the more bleachy-blonde. I’m more and more convinced that a good, wearable blonde is one with many different tones – it shimmers in a way that a solid, bleached blonde can never do. Thank you Trevor Sorbie!

The cut and blow-dry were done at Jo Hansford in Mayfair. I used to go to Jo Hansford for my colour, many moons ago, when I got a very tasty model discount. They have since moved round the corner, onto South Audley Street, into a very swish and modern new premises. It was very lovely indeed – suitably posh for good old Mayfair! I had a good trim – two or three inches – which got rid of my dead, dry ends and then the most superb blow-dry! I needed it to look very Versace Glam for my Telegraph shoot that day and it really looked exceptionally swooshy and expensive as I stepped out into the street. Bonus Event: I had a car taking me to the Telegraph, and guess who stepped out of it before I stepped in? Mylene Klass. She was off to get her colour done, I think. It all goes on in South Audley Street, I tell you! Camilla Parker-B was having her hair done next to me, but I couldn’t see her because they had put a screen up. Obviously they must have known in advance what a nosy-parker I am..

Jo Hansford is at 48 South Audley Street, Mayfair: 0207 495 7774

Trevor Sorbie is at 27 Floral Street, Covent Garden: 0207 379 6901

Share →

18 Responses to Happy Hair Day…

1. Steff says:

Really lovely colour and cut! I agree the look is perfect for Autumn. I can’t seem to convince my hairdresser to go for more gold tones as I am brass inclined but I do feel the pale blonde highlights wash me out a bit. And am scared of doing it myself. Wish I could afford/lived near a top colourist like you!

2. Asma says:

Btw can you review Estee Lauder daywear tint release? I recall you mentioning it in a festival video, but can you do a review? Or let me ask you this instead..which is better..Dr Hauschka Bronze Concentrate mixed into moisturizer, or the Daywear Tint Release, for a light summer-y glow?

3. Asma says:

awesome hair colour and cut! you look so vibrant! i actually really liked your old hair colour as well, very pretty colouring, like Clemence poesy. It suited you. But this does too! BTW you’re my favourite blogger, your writing is always good to read.

4. lahna vanderbush says:

hi, i just wanted to tell you i purchased the chanel holiday nail color. ( since you raved about it so much :) and i LOVE IT!!! its so so amazing! my new fav:)

5. Chloe says:

I have a very similar colour at the moment and love the tones for autumn. I actually got it done today at Four (Conduit St) and a lot of the girls there are from Jo Hansford. The blow-dry by one of the girls is always brilliant – such a nice feeling when you leave the salon happy with glamorous swooshy hair :) x

6. Carla says:

How did your colourist add the highlights/lowlights Rut? Foils or balayage? Looks so natural.

7. Julia says:

Awesome highlights! Looks very glamorous !

8. Upa says:

Great tips, especially as I need to ove onto a new colorist and styler. I’m looking/investigating a new (young) possibility, but not sure as to go about talking about color.

Do you get more than a couple shades of highlights done at the same time? If so, how many? Foils, which out at different times which then “cause” different levels of blond? Lowlights too?

YOU’RE a nosey-parker? I much prefer a root canal to getting hair done – seriously, so it’ll be hives time as I go through the “finding” process.

Thanks, Ruth. I have hair-envy. Your hair is just too gorgeous! xx

9. Claire says:

I love your hair Ruth, I wish I had a good hair day but I can be happy when my hair acts ‘normal’ haha. I think your hair colour is amazing. I am going to dye my hair as well just don’t know what colour yet (also, I wish I could do something with blonde but I think it will look odd on/with my dark brown/almost black hair *sigh*)

10. You look amazing Ruth! Gorgeous colour. Hair gives such confidence.