I wanted to take some lovely pictures for you, I really did. But it seems that my cat, Mr Bear, has a bit of his (adopted) mother in him, and likes to get in front of the camera.

I tried to coax him away with treats, violent threats and his favourite feather stick, but nothing worked. He was adamant that he would be part of my still life photograph. Which would have been fine, had he actually kept still, but he didn’t. That’s why every single shot has something out of focus.

Ho hum. Moving on. Three fragrances here; the first is Lancome’s La Vie Est Belle, which I think is utterly beautiful. You can read the full review here. I didn’t like it at first, not one bit – I thought that it was really old lady. But it has grown on me in the most remarkable way and now I’m spritzing it around my rooms too – I can’t get enough of it! The last time I wore it, THREE different men commented on how lovely I smelt. So there. It’s from £39 with free delivery from FeelUnique.com

The second, in the cute little bottle, is Guerlain’s La Petite Robe Noir, and this one has also turned out to be a bit of a grower. At first, I couldn’t really “get” the black cherry that was supposed to be the selling point for the fragrance, but now that’s all I smell! It’s rich and fruity and fun and I think that it’s a brilliant fragrance for the autumn and winter months. From £35 with free delivery at Escentual.com

The third perfume that I want to mention is Chanel’s Coco Noir. I was getting bored to tears with Coco Mademoiselle, so thank God that they threw a new scent out into the mix! This one smells (and looks) a little more grown up than Mademoiselle, but only a little. Maybe it’s just me, but I find them incredibly similar! No bad thing, because I wouldn’t have worn Mademoiselle for so long had I not liked it, but I was expecting Noir to be very different. It’s a nice little change though, if you’re looking to switch up, and I can imagine that this will be VERY popular at Christmastime. (The C-Word. Shoot me.) Coco Noir is £75 from Selfridges.com

Share →

24 Responses to Three New Fragrances and Un Chat.

1. Alexandra says:

He is a beautiful cat.Im not sure if you are aware of it,but if you go the felix website you can get a pack of cat treats for him. Also on the purina one site you can get either a pouch or a packet of dried food.

2. claire barrell says:

Love Mr Bear, put him forward for cat modelling I say!!! is a total natural and beautiful colourings… no fish for him tonight!!!! I had 2 cats mother and daughter mum was 21 and daughter 22 when she popped it… they loved coley fish, frozen blocks, nuke one and they climb your legs for it!!! if that doesnt coax him out of the shots nothing will ha hax

3. Asma says:

If you like Coco Mademoiselle, you will probably love Elie Saab le Parfum… it resembles Coco Mademoiselle, Valentina Valentino, and Michael Kors a bit, but I think it’s better fit to be a cheerful pick-me-up, as the seasons become colder. I only acquired a sample but over the past week have gotten loads of compliments on it. I am due to have a baby soon and have let people know that this would be a great “new mother” gift!! :D xo

4. Jenny says:

Sorry £9 girls lol!

5. Jenny says:

Boots have got triple points online this weekend on premium beauty so if anyone wants to buy the Chanel noir £75 that’s £22.50 back onto your advantage card to send – worth having girls for Christmas presses ! Xx

6. I’m a “one perfume” person: I just buy one and use it until it’s over and if I like it A LOT, I’ll repurchase it. I’d been repurchasing Mademoiselle for 3 years in a row, yeah. So just imagine how bored I got of it before I went for the new Guerlain one… I love it but I think it’s very sweet for my. So yeah, the next thing on my perfume list is the Coco Noir! Because I still think Mademoiselle is a great scent, but this one is a bit more grown up but still not as grown up as, say, Allure (which I also love!).

And yeah, having said that… Mr. Bear makes all the picture better :-)

7. Cher says:

Mr bear mr bear!! <3

8. shelley says:

I’ll probably try one or two of these fragrances mainly because they look so beautiful with Mr. Bear checking them out! Along with your photographs, these are so much fun!!

9. Cath Lee says:

Love your Mr Bear! I can’t decide if he’s cute or beautiful or majestic! Haha… 3-in-1!

10. Alison_H says:

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Mr Bear didn’t get some modelling work from this. He just fits in those photos with the perfume.

Ali

11. essjay23x says:

I love your perfume posts and these pics are cute :) I’ve fallen for La Petite Robe Noir every time that I’ve tested it in store. I think, next time, it may have to be a purchase.

12. Kristina says:

Mr. Bear is adorable! I can’t read anything else, but look at him, no offence AMR :)

13. Martina says:

I love la petite robe noir, it was ove at first sight… but I didn’t like Noir. And your right, it is very (too) similar to Madamoiselle, but according to me, in a bad way. The Lancome one, I haven’t smelt yet.

14. sqrandomly says:

im very interested in Guerlain’s La Petite Robe Noir though i never remember the name and only know it by its packaging but I think ill get it for the holidays does the scent last or fade very quickly during the day ?

15. If I didn’t know where the photos were taken you could have called that set ‘Puss in Boots!’

16. Elle Pearson says:

I absolutely adore the Lancôme one too. Great post Ruth, & I love the photos even if they’re not as you hoped. Mr Bear is irresistibly cute! X

17. sugarpuffish says:

I don’t have much to say about perfumes as due to allergies I can’t wear them but I loved Mr Bear in your pictures :)

18. Beauty Becky says:

I bought the Lancôme one yesterday after reading your review and I love it! Debenhams have there Christmas gift sets and I got 30ml perfume 50ml shower gel and body lotion for £39! It was too tempting to turn down! :) x

19. Charming how Mr. Bear loves the spotlight :-) My cats discover their ‘inner star’, too as soon as I try to take some photos…
    I had high hopes for La vie est Belle … but was quite disappointed. Maybe I should give it another chance. Have you tried Gucci Première so far? At first I thought “Much tooo heavy”… but after 15 Minutes it is a very unique perfume with a touch of leather, smokey Whiskey and very gentle orangeblossoms underneath. Worth a try!