1) It was my birthday on Wednesday. I was 32! I had a day off from working so I didn’t have time to post that it was my birthday – those on Twitter may have caught on though. Mr AMR bought me a mini iPad, lucky old me! I haven’t even had a chance to set it up yet, I’ve been so busy, but I might have a tinker with it today.

Chanel Pop-Up store in Covent Garden

2) HAVE you been to the latest incarnation of the Chanel Pop-Up store in Covent Garden? It’s amazing! You can see it in my vlog below – I can’t believe how beautifully kitted out it is inside. It would be a prop-collector’s paradise. There are snow-globes and giant No5 bottles and I had to literally be dragged out of there. If you’re visiting London then do go – they have complimentary gift-wrapping until Christmas with handwritten notes and amazing boxes and sequinned camellias! If you can’t get someone to buy something for you then it’s a definite “gift to self” scenario! Can I just say: if EVER I wanted something for my desk, it’s a Chanel Snow Globe. Look at the miniature bags in there around the snowy tree!

chanel snow globe

3) Clothes: this week, more naughty buying. You’ll have to wait until next week for pictures, but I went and finally did it: an Herve Leger dress. From the Outnet, so massively discounted, but still. I feel a bit sick thinking about it…. As I said; more on that next week. I can’t even show you a picture because I bought the last one – mine’s all wrapped up so that the cat can’t claw it to death. You can view all the HL dresses that are on sale on the Outnet here - I will be justifying the cost to you in a few days. (Should be interesting!)

4) Listen, have I mentioned this before? Weleda’s Lavender Bath Milk? I love it! It didn’t go into my “How to Hibernate” video because I had run out, but I have bought more and rekindled my adoration for it. It doesn’t last long, not in this house – it’s just too brilliant at creating a relaxing, fragranced bath – but it’s not too pricey, so all is well. You can get it for £11.95 with free delivery from FeelUnique.com

5) Right, here’s the Birthday Video, complete with jewellery browsing and Chanel-Shenanigans. If you can’t see the video pane, then please click here.

Video Info:

It was my birthday on Wednesday and I decided to have a day of doing exactly what I wanted to do! I had been meaning to go to the latest incarnation of the Chanel Pop-Up store in Covent Garden for ages, so thank you to them for letting me film with the music switched off! (Youtube rules.)

What I wore: my coat is a cashmere Burberry coat, I’ve had it for a few years now. Dress is Donna Karan, I bought it in the Net-a-Porter sale in the summer and that’s the first time I’ve worn it! I also had on grey wool leggings, black Wolford socks and my old Belstaff boots.

To find out what I picked up from the Chanel Pop-Up*, keep a lookout for the fragrance video on my main channel -http://www.youtube.com/amodelrecommends

(Press samples for the Christmas Gift Guides, with thanks to Chanel. Music is from http://incompetech.com)

Share →

21 Responses to Sunday Tittle Tattle

1. [...] then feel free to forward the link to this page – cheeky, but worth it. See also my post on Chanel’s pop-up store with complimentary gift-wrapping – it really is the icing on the cake for me. No man or woman [...]

2. Kim says:

Happy belated birthday!

3. Christina L says:

I love your sunday posts Ruth! You’ve been one of my favourite models for a long time now and I’ve been reading your blog and watching your videos for a year. Happy belated birthday! It’s great to settle down with my iphone and flick through the life of Ruth Crilly! I’ve even written one or two blog posts about you & your site, I’m that obsessed! xx

4. WY H. says:

A very, very belated happy birthday Ruth. I wouldn’t say you were 32, you look really radiant, and youthful! I mean… my skin now (at 19) isn’t close to how you are looking! Though I hope you’ll enjoy your mini iPad loads, Mr. AMR sure does know how to pamper you ;-). xx

5. Upa says:

Happy Birthday! And I am coveting that snow globe… what a great day for you!

6. Nes says:

hey Ruth, I’m so happy you had a nice birthday. I’m a few years younger and I love watching your videos.
    sorry to say something sad, but… I got fired a few days ago. From a job that I genuinely liked and had a lot of friends in. I still can’t get over it. any tips you can give me? have you ever been in such a situaton?
    kisses and may every year be better for you

• RuthCrilly says:

Oh no!!! I’m so sorry for you! What happened? I’m afraid I have never been in that situation as have pretty much always worked for myself! : (

• Nes says:

crisis happened… and bitchy female boss/ ex-friend happened… but I’m getting over it, hopefully there are some better things that will come along. and I guess I should start working for myself too ;)

7. Ashley Truett says:

Happy Birthday! And lucky you with the Chanel :)

8. Jennifer Monforton says:

Happy belated birthday, Ruth! Looks like you had a lovely day. I just watched this video with my kitty and she was mesmerized by the Chanel snow globe ;)

9. Sam says:

Happy birthday Ruth! All the best to you! Absolutely love your site, thanks for all the lovely info!

10. Katya says:

Happy Birthday!!!!

11. reka says:

Happy Birthday Ruth! (belated) and have a super fab year to come. x PS: i love your website, always brilliant and informative with a sense of humour.

12. Rachel Neill says:

Belated birthday wishes to my fave ‘mogger’ (model blogger!) x

13. Annick says:

Happy Birthday Ruth! All the best and you are very young so no worries…

14. tatana says:

Happy birthday Ruth! All the best to you. I’m 38 in 10 days…
    Looking forward to your new videos :)
    tatana

15. Cath says:

Wow, your hair! Looks like gold shining in the sun! At least from the photo.
    Happy Belated Birthday!

16. paris1975 says:

Happy B-day Ruth!!!!!! I wish Chanel Snow Globe as well for myself… (egoistic me :))
    …Santa can you hear me…??? I was a good girl this year… :)…

xoxo from D.C.

17. CLARA says:

happy birthday !!!! i love the weleda wild rose body oil…. i use it for special going out days as for me its about 26 us dollars…. other days i use almond oil by NOW or jojoba oil ( my favorite also for my face while its damp )or j& j baby oil….sufside florida saying thanks for all your advice….

18. Melisa says:

Awww…amazing store!Happy birthday Ruth! I wish you all the best things in life. Hugs and kisses from Indonesia