The Body Shop – Christmas and Memories and 50% Off!

Posted · 22 Comments

I’ve spoken before about how intrinsically linked The Body Shop is to my memories of adolescence. It really was the only place to buy all of the Christmas presents for your friends – such variety! Such fruitily-fragranced fun! There are about ten times the amount of gifts available these days – the number of ranges when you browse the store is incredible. This year I’m doing a bit of a retro gift-giving to those who were party to the whole Body Shop friendship circle – there’s definitely going to be a bit of Dewberry going down! However, if you don’t want to follow the retro-route, there are loads of beautiful packages at every price-point. Made JUST a bit easier on the wallet by the fact that I have a 50% discount code!

It’s an online code only and it is: CHRISTMAS. (Easy enough to remember.) It’s valid until the 10th but for one purchase only, so choose wisely young Luke. (Ancient Star Wars reference.) Here’s my pick of the pressies, retro and non!

1) The Body Shop Fruit Basket. Soap fruits, obviously – I used to LOVE these! £6 or £3 after discount here

2) Strawberry Shower Set – oh, the memories, the memories! Scrub and body butter didn’t exist, in my teenage days, but the shower gel and soap did. I once tried to eat it! This is £15 or £7.50 with the code – getting the hang of this discount thing yet?! It’s here

3) The Moringa Shower, Scrub and Soften Set (£30 or £15 with the code, here.) Moringa is a relatively recent addition to The Body Shop’s ranges and it’s really lovely. You see Moringa included as an ingredient in loads of really luxe beauty products and this selection of body treats would make a great gift. If you’re struggling to find bits and pieces in that pesky £10-£15 bracket then your dilemma has just been solved.

4) One of the best conditioners in the whole wide world, judged on scent alone. I would drink this, had I not already tried it once before and been a little bit ill. I know that the smell of a conditioner should never be the deciding factor but seriously: I want my head to smell like a banana. There is nothing more comforting to me than smelling as though my hair has been turned into a school dinner dessert. Not one to gift, perhaps, but every adult should have a bottle of this in their cabinet to cheer them up on down-days. It’s £4.50 or – COME ON CLASS? HOW MUCH WITH THE DISCOUNT? Get it here. There are loads more retro bits and pieces on the site – look for Dewberry, White Musk and the brilliant Peppermint Foot Cream!

5) I haven’t tried the Vitamin E range for ages, but readers keep on at me to give it a go! Comments and recommendations below, please, people, but for now check out this gift set. Facewash, moisturiser, night cream, eye cream, flannel. £15. Can’t do much better than that! Find it here.

What are your retro beauty products? Favourite Body Shop pressies? Did anyone else have a gift-giving circle that consisted entirely of Body Shop Dewberry sets? Do you remember the little baskets with the shredded paper that everything came in? Answers below, please!

22 Responses to "The Body Shop – Christmas and Memories and 50% Off!"
  1. LucyLucciano says:

Remember fuzzy peach?! I used to love that!

2. Amy Ekins says:

I use the banana conditioner and ginger shampoo from TBS – I got them full price a while ago on a whim and loved them, so picked them up when the buy two get two free offer was on. Lovely!

3. The Body Shop White Musk is the smell of my childhood, my sister and I used to buy it for my mum every Christmas. I used to be obsessed with the little Bath Oil Marble things and would be allowed a tiny bag of them as a treat!

4. I know it’s not a permanent part of their Body Butter range but do all keep an eye out for the Raspberry as they tend to bring it out for Xmas and it is seriously mouth-watering. You will want to eat it. It’s gorgeous!! A few years ago they did a Vanilla Spice bath melt which was stunning and a one off seasonal range item. I’ve actually written to them three times asking for them to bring it back as it was one of the best things they’ve ever done! I’ve had two girlfriends find it and buy it on eBay for me as I was so obsessed by it. Sometimes their stuff is truly stellar.

5. Joana says:

Oh how I miss how the Body Shop used to be. I always used to run to those silky little balls containing bath oils and the piles of colourful soaps <3. And in the middle there were several glass bottles containing their fragrances.
    These days it doesn't feel quite so exciting and somehow even the retro products feel a little different – maybe it's me and not the products. I've been using their Cucumber cleansing milk (used this all the time as a teenager, oh the memories) and the Born Lippy (the strawberry isn't quite as yummy as I remember it. Also, I once had a Milk chocolate one that was TO DIE FOR). I also keep very nice memories of the Menthol Blue shampoo. *sigh*

6. Kate says:

The Body Shop is forever linked to my High School years! I used to think their products were the absolute height of cool. Watermelon Soap, Watermelon Lipgloss and Mango Bodybutter were firm favourites. We had Bodyshop parties as well as the ubiquitous Bodyshop birthday presents…

7. Ruth, I purchased The Body Shop Honey Bronzing Powder yesterday and I have to say I am impressed! The assisant matched me to shade 01, which is the best bronzer shade ever for fair skin.

8. djxscribbles says:

hi ruth, just a quick question, does skin/hair get used to products if we use them over and over?

9. AideenF says:

Hey Ruth, does that voucher code work for readers in Ireland? I checked the delivery part of the .co.uk web site and it doesnt say whether or not it delivers to ROI

10. Leslie says:

Ruth, any chance you can make this code work on the US Body Shop site? So jealous of UK residents right now!

11. Sazzle says:

Oh Ruth, you’ve just made me shopsick for the UK! Been living in Gibraltar for 5 months and badly missing my Saturday strolls around Body Shop, Boots etc!!
    I love the banana shampoo and conditioner, it always makes my hair soft and shiny without loosing volume and it smells amazing. The Vitamin E range is really good and purse friendly – I think the hydrating face mask is a great alternative to the Sisley mask. Also love the Hemp hand/foot creams. Might have to see if they deliver here, getting withdrawal symptoms writing this!

12. Upa says:

I remember my daughter and all her friends obsessed with The Body Shop products. I do believe that the Moringa set would be a perfect little surprise!

13. Jen says:

Banana conditioner – yeah! Dewberry – nooooo!

Just the mention of Dewberry or White Musk makes me feel sick. My friends and I would visit the Body Shop, smell all the perfumes in those massive glass display bottles, and then leave with really bad headaches EVERY SATURDAY :) I don’t buy from them any longer as they were bought by L’Oreal and are therefore no longer animal friendly enough for me, but the banana conditioner is a real old fave of mine too. The old style gift baskets were such a give away weren’t they? You couldn’t wrap them in a way that camouflaged what it was!

14. TwistedFool says:

I’ve switched from Clinique to the Vitamin E range and my skin (my wallet) and I couldn’t be happier! I love the night cream, the creamy wash, the toner and the facial oil. I find the eye cream isn’t that hydrating and the daily lotion is too fragrant (it smells like roses, which I could bear on my body, just not so much on my face!)

15. Verity says:

If you’re with Quidco – you can get cashback AND the 50% off one order apparently… Or so their email said this morning. Even more reason to shop!

16. sarirah says:

The Dewberry scent and Banana shampoo bring back some memories. I hope they still have the carrot moisturiser. I wanted to get that for my mum as she used that a lot in her early 20’s. x

17. Carine says:

The Vitamin E collection is AWESOME! I use it EVERYTIME! =D

18. LW-O says:

I can vouch for the vitamin-E collection! the moisturiser and cleansing bar are seriously good… indeed the cleansing bar is just as good if not better than clinique (and i’m a beauty snob).

19. Alexandra Jansons says:

This post completely brightened my Monday morning! I remember having a fruit soap collection: an entire fruit bowl of soap!! But after a few years they went a little sticky and dusty. Ah the memories.

20. Amanda says:

OMG Ruth, Dewberry was my absolute favourite!! Oh and the little baskets with the shredded paper – I thought I was soooo posh when I bought them as gifts ;) Huge thanks for the code, I’ll defo be retro gift giving! x

21. Cor says:

Does anybody know if the Body Shop is doing an advent calendar this year? I know they did one last year but I didn’t get it. Now I really really want it but I can’t seem to find it on their site.. ?

Comments are closed.