Oh yes, oh yes. I am busy scheduling posts for the next three weeks so that I can turn off my computer, cover it with a dust sheet and not switch it back on until mid-January. I will be checking in, of course, on my iPad and making sure that everyone’s OK and not being driven mad by family members over Christmas, but I will not be doing anything remotely strenuous, in terms of making videos or writing mammoth posts. What I will be doing is this:

a model recommends loungewear

Working my way through the above pile of lounge-wear. Could anything else be so inviting? I think not! I’ll probably have a glass of red wine in one hand and my Kindle in the other, or perhaps a mug of cocoa and a big fat cat snuggled into my other arm…who knows. Sloppy pyjamas? Comfy cashmere? Knitted bed-socks? BRING IT ON!

Piled up ever-so-neatly on my gorgeous M&S blanket we have:

loungewear reviews

Knitted long socks from Liv. Great quality and Liv also make my favourite cable-knit sweater – I’m wearing it in the blemishes video that I made last month, you can watch that here. It’s just so brilliantly made. (The sweater, not my video!) It’s called the Charlton Cable top and you can find it here. You might also see my cheeky little face over on their website as I modelled for them last year!

recycled blanket

Next delicious morsel: the recycled wool herringbone throw from Quintessentially Me. This, I foresee, is to become my “sofa blanket”. At the moment I’m using a huge faux bear-fur, but it does get a little too hot under there, and this is a lot more chic! You can also see the very edge of a Quintessentially nightgown in the previous picture, poking out from beneath the socks. Lovely and warm, nice and soft (100% cotton) but I must say that the girl on the website makes it look a hell of a lot sexier than it does in real life! Mr AMR estimated that it aged me by around thirty years, but I don’t care – in terms of comfort dressing, it gets 10/10!

loungelover loungewear

Moving on: loungewear from LoungeLover. So, so soft and cuddly, the Poupées Russes range includes drapey cardigans, long-sleeved sweaters that slip sexily off the shoulders and a number of different cuts of casual bottoms. I’d say that sizing on these bottoms  is on the small size – I have small and they are very fitted – so perhaps go up a size if you’re unsure at all. The soft fabric blend that this range is made from contains a small amount of cashmere, so I’ll let you know how it gets on with the washing machine. (Incidentally, Mr AMR is banned from putting any of my items in the wash at the moment after an incident with my Uniqlo lambswool sweaters…)

hush pyjama gift

Finally, you may have noticed my well-loved Hush pyjamas peeking out of the pile. I have a little Hush update, actually; I assumed that all of their pyjama bottoms were of the same cut and fabric, but they’re not. The star pattern ones that you can see in the above image (part of their brilliant gift set, in which you get a novel and a load of hot chocolate for the ultimate lazy weekend!) are far thicker than the Antique Floral that I love. They also have a brushed cotton finish, that almost furry feel, whereas the Antique Floral have more of a woven feel and drape in a more flattering way, I think. I love the star version – they’re very oversized and comfy – but the Antique Floral are well worth spending extra on!

Right – your own loungewear and pyjama suggestions in the comments below, if you please – I have a LOT of lounging about to do!

PS: the M&S blanket is gorgeous, check your local store if you want one, I think they sold out online.

Share →

20 Responses to Do Not Disturb: Loungewear Testing in Progress

1. Sophie Lou says:

Love that herringbone throw. <3

2. Bijou says:

I have some hush gear but it can be a bit pricey. Check out Fat Face for a more wallet friendly alternative for slouchy pj bottoms, they’re long, fit like men’s but are much prettier!

3. Ellen Green says:

Toast pyjamas, but only in the sale, because they are really expensive.

4. Ellen Green says:

My husband did the same thing with my Uniqlo jumpers!

5. Alexandra says:

I love Victoria Secret for pj’s. As they do different leg lengths. Tall people get the tank top pj’s they are nice and soft.

6. Hannah says:

Hush do the best stuff. I love their catalogue. Good old Calvin Klein can be relied on too.
    Also, Princess Tam Tam do some lovely slouchy tops and bottoms (grey is stylish in my opinion). However, you can’t beat my old battered James tour t-shirt from 1990 with a pair of fleece track pants! ooooh tres stylish ;)

7. Kate says:

Soft grey Angora socks from Iceland. That is all.

8. Katherine LW says:

You simply can’t beat Jack Wills’ flannel bottoms for ultimate warmth! x

9. Ruth I always struggle to find bottoms that are long enough in the leg. The only place I have found that does proper long length trousers is M&S autograph but they are pretty plain and boring. How would you say Hush work out length wise. i am 5ft 10 but really prefer my bottoms to be slouchy.

• Hannah says:

I am 5ft 10″ too and I have a couple of pairs of their pj bottoms from a couple of years ago – so not recent but the length is probably the same…. They are not super long but I wear mine on the hips which makes them come down to my feet. If you wear them on the waist they will look quite short.

10. Natasha Bain says:

I love my pj’s & live in them when i’m at home alone (boo hoo sob sob! Lol) I must admit I do love my Disney Store Minnie Mouse PJ’s & also my La Senza PJ’s in the winter they both are lovely & snuggly (& quite cheap but brill for the price) & wash really well & must say look pretty good on too! Lol! I also love my hooded thick soft cosy dressing gown also & sometimes even go the whole hog & wear wear nice soft bed socks (I made the mistake once of buying a pair that didn’t have the non-slip bottoms & nearly slid on my wooden staircase half way down to the bottom going to answer the door to Mr Postman & was shaking like a leaf when I answered the door! They would have been OK if I hadn’t got a wooded staircase which I love & is a centre piece at home! Lol) x

11. Mahtab says:

Abacrombie & fitch have great loungewear pants, verry comfy