My Top 5 Fitness and Exercise Tips

Posted · 14 Comments

ruth crilly model

Following on from the diet tips video (see here for that) we have my top five fitness and exercise tips. All common sense, again, with a few rambling old thoughts thrown in for good measure. I’m on a bit of a fitness kick at the moment – I want to try lots of new classes and activities, so do keep on sending me your suggestions.

On a new note, I just tweeted the sentence “Just tried to light a candle with one of those nail buffing bolocks.” Sometimes I really do hate my iPhone.

If you can’t see the video because you’re reading this remotely then you can easily rectify that by clicking here: http://youtu.be/7RU247g3fdg

14 Responses to "My Top 5 Fitness and Exercise Tips"
  1. sarah says:

All good advice! Especially about finding enjoyable stuff to do. I struggle with DVDs myself though as our lounge is tiny. I prefer a class due to the variety you get. It’s good getting used to a set time ie you get into a habit of going. I like working with others and the tips from instructor too… Still each to their own.Whatever works for you.

2. Mila says:

good tipsss :D i like them

3. RuthCrilly says:

HELLO! Thanks for the shout-out! I remember that egg conversation!! Small world! x

4. Body Soap says:

Really awesome tips I would say. I liked to read this post a lot.

5. Rebecca says:

I have a personal trainer, Maddie Weaver, and she’s AMAZING! I also recommend Roger @ Re-Model-Me.

6. Lulu Anthistle says:

Great video Ruth, thanks! Just in time too as I’m battling the last bit of post-baby weight. Am going to check out the Shred DVD as it would be kind of illegal for me to leave my baby at home to go out for a run. Great tips!

7. Zoe says:

Everyone should check out Youtuber Blogilates! She’s incredible. She has a mix of videos for everyone.

8. Gabrielle says:

Hi Ruth, when are you going to do the rest of your general diet videos like the breakfast one for lunch, dinner and snacks? Really love your videos x

9. jamie says:

my favorite of these is the tip about doing something you enjoy for exercise. i think we often get stuck on the idea that “exercise” only means certain things. i’ve done horseback riding for years and had never really thought of it as exercise because it’s something i do for fun!

completely unrelated, but i wish i had that staircase in my house!

10. Ana, Portugal says:

Hi Ruth! I did Body Balance (Les Mills programs) classes for a year, and really loved them! I have a back problem and it made a huge difference. I actually miss classes if I skip them for a week or so. However, for financial reasons I left the gym and now I engaged in doing the video Reach from Kari Anderson (similar exercises as the body balance). Absolutely fantastic! I recommend it!

• Ana says:

Sorry, forgot to say it is a mix of pilates, ioga and tai-chi, but done at a not that slow rithm. So you strenghten your core while also working on flexibility.

• I’ve been doing Les Mills Body Balance for about two years and I think it’s an excellent programme for developing strength and flexibility. I also like the fact that the routine changes regularly and is choreographed to music as well, really helps hold my interest. I also do their Bodypump class which is very different but also worth investigating. I find that doing each class 1-2 times a week along with some cardio (personally I run 5km on a steep incline 1-2 times a week) is a very comprehensive fitness plan.

11. Ruth, I can see fat on your ear-lobes just barely :p