Sunday Tittle Tattle (noun?): everything from the week that I have forgotten to post about, in easy brunch-sized chunks…
Oh hullo everyone! I hope that you’re having a lovely weekend? As usual, I’m writing this on Friday night because a) I have no life these days and b) I’m shooting for Daily Mix again on Saturday, leaving me with very little time to get my rambles and random thoughts onto the page. I’m feeling rather excited and also sick, because I just accidentally ate some biscuits that had been accidentally left on my desk. One was shaped like lips and the other was shaped like a lip balm – another clever little marketing ruse from Balance Me – last time it was a cake. I don’t know what on earth they’re trying to do to me, but I think it involves fattening me up for market.
1) It would be rude not to mention Balance Me now that I’ve stuffed down their biscuits, but I have to say that I’m not actually that keen on their lip balm! I’ve had it in my parka pocket all winter so I’ve used most of it up, but it has quite a strong taste (not that rosy) and I just can’t get used to it. Lots of people rave about it, so it’s surely just me being weird, but for the same price, (£12-ish) I much prefer their Rose Otto Body Wash which is like bathing yourself in satin-covered cushions. (An abstract idea, I grant you, but just go with me on this one.) It has a delightful texture and fragrance, absolutely top-notch. You can get it at John Lewis and at Waitrose, which is incredibly dangerous for a free-spirited grocery-shopper like myself. Balance Me have just brought out a rather tasty moisturising facial mist, too, and I shall be talking about that soon.
2) Just whetting your appetite… the new Alpha-H Rejuvenating Cream. Not out until April, but believe me when I say that you will want to get your hands on this. It’s possible that I like it even more than Liquid Gold liquid, though I may just be flirting with the “new boy”, dazzled by his novel ways. I’ve been testing it for well over a month now and it’s really, really great. Repackaged, reformulated, ideal for skin showing “the first signs of ageing” or more advanced signs, it’s glycolic and a whole other host of wonder ingredients all carefully packed into one nifty pot. And this is not jar packaging – it’s one of those clever pots that you push down on and the product comes flying upwards. They think of everything at Alpha-H…
3) Gone is my addiction to Dexter, hello addiction to Californication. Netflix has a lot to answer for – I keep staying awake until the early hours watching episode after episode!
4) I really wanted to take some proper pictures of Triumph’s new lightsensation range but it’s SO sheer and light that it would be positively indecent of me! That is not me above, though I sincerely wish that it was. I may have to do a few more Barry’s Bootcamps to snap my bod back into shape after the…er…long, hard winter. Anyway, these new vests and knickers from Triumph are shapewear at its most daintiest – the garments are tough enough to help hold you in yet thin enough not to show even underneath the tightest clothes. Laser-cut edges that don’t roll up, flat seams that don’t poke out and – get this – saturated in Aloe Vera so that the fabric moisturises your skin. I have to say, it’s not like you step out of the pants and think “ooh, I feel all oiled up!” but the aloe does give the fabric a definite softness and slip that’s pleasant to wear. How do you feel about that then? Thoughts below, please. I have some exciting Triumph news coming up, actually – watch this space!
5) The Outnet do this very, very naughty little thing called the Weekend Shop-In. They take a whacking great chunk off the price of certain items, usually the selection is themed. Pastels, for example, or sloppy winter knits. This weekend is “colour pop looks” (see here) and there’s an extra 40% off marked prices once you get to the checkout. I may have accidentally bought another Hervé Léger dress, which may be partly why I feel as though I might puke. This may be the dress: The Outnet – but in my defence, I’m about to do a HUGE wardrobe clearout. On eBay. Any day soon. This year. And it was down to about £330 after all the discounts….nope, still can’t justify it.
6) I have included the video below ONLY to see if my Youtube embedding has started to work. It’s just a vlog I did a while back about exercise and my thoughts on it! Now if you desperately want to see the video but it doesn’t appear then you can click here – I’m really hoping that it’s right below this writing though, and if it’s appearing on your Daily Fix emails I shall be ecstatic!
Ta-ta for now, enjoy what’s left of the weekend!