Feline Groovy Tangle Teezer – Miaow!

Posted · 14 Comments

feline groovy tangle teezer animal print

Just when I thought that Tangle Teezers couldn’t get any better, I spot one in animal print! This style is called Feline Groovy and is one of the “compact stylers”. Now I don’t really get the compact stylers – they have a protective cover for the teeth, but I find it a faff to get on and off and I never have a problem with anything sticking into the bristles anyway. I suppose it would stop the teeth catching on your clothing if you packed the brush in your suitcase, but apart from that I see no need for a lid! I think that the original Tangle Teezer is simply genius and is difficult to improve upon, so I’m a tough customer I suppose…

What I will say about the compact styler is that I think it perhaps very slightly superior, ergonomically. It’s a smidgen easier to grip and sits neatly in the palm of my hand. So there is that, but then there’s the fact that it’s a couple of quid more expensive. Swings and roundabouts, swings and roundabouts… Whatever, I can’t resist a bit of animal print. The Feline Groovy costs £12.25 with free delivery at FeelUnique.com. I couldn’t do without my Tangle Teezer – I use it daily to detangle my hair and it does it so efficiently and gently that I no longer have to kick things or bite on a piece of wood as I brush. It’d be great for kids, I would imagine…

14 Responses to "Feline Groovy Tangle Teezer – Miaow!"
  1. Greatest invention ever, have spent ridiculous money on a Mason Pearson brush thinking it would solve all my hair issues but it sits idle on my desk. I’ve been using Tangle Teezer for years and nothing works on my hair as well as it!

2. Grace Healey says:

I cannot tell you how grateful I am to whichever GENIUS invented these! They are soooo good and work by almost effortlessly detangling the hair therefore preventing the hair snapping and the scalp hurting! I use one all the time for work (am a self employed hairstylist) and yes, they are especially great for kids.

3. Jen says:

I’ve never tried one of these. Are they really so much better than brushes? If so I might have to invest. Are the bristles more ‘bendy’ so they don’t damage the hair?

I’ve just realised as I type, that I could Google it and look at reviews on the product website – but I’d rather hear your opinions – I know they’re real and honest!

I have really normal, bog standard hair, so I’m not sure if I’d really need one…

• Sihouette says:

Hi Jen,

I owe the compact Tangle Teaser (in plain black) and don’t use my other brushes any more. It really detangles the hair, and I cannot imagine using something else for brushing my hair really. It’s great for freshly washed wet hair and also for my curly hair, as it detangles softly. It feels much better on the scalp than a normal brush (wellness!), and it combs more (and better) in one stroke than a usual brush. The bristles are of soft plastic and bend better, yes. Although it’s made of plastic it has no weld seam that could damage especially wet hair. So it’s spliss proof I would say. The bristles have two different lengths which makes it easier to comb through.
      If you’re dissatisfied with your every day brushes, definitely give this one a try!

• Jen says:

Thanks Sihouette – that was really helpful! I’ll definietly be investing I think.

Cheers,
        Jen

• Sihouette says:

You’re welcome!
          Last week I travelled with my Tangle Teaser. Ruth wrote in her post that the lid is hard to take on if I got it right? Mine never was. Maybe they can be a little different? My lid works easy for putting it on and off. And for travelling it’s great, because you can just toss the brush in your trolley or bag and nothing will bend the bristles. So you see, I am totally satisfied with this brush. If you got yours I would like to read what you think about it.

4. Sarah hay says:

I have this one and its amazing, couldn’t live without it me and my three year old daughter love it x

5. Claire says:

Hi Ruth! Is this suitable for perm hair? Thank you!

6. Mary says:

I couldn’t live without my tangle teaser! My hair is baby fine but I have a ton of it and I highlight it — My whole head is a tangled mess after I wash it. For years I spent 20 minutes attempting to detangle it without causing a bunch of breakage and mayhem ! The tangle teaser glides right through…it’s amazing!

7. Emma Jane says:

I love my tangle teezers. The compact one has a ‘lid’ on it so it can roll around in your handbag without the bristles getting damaged & yes, it’s far easier to hold (I find the original too big to get a good grip on) but it’s a shame the compact ones are so much heavier – no good for a handbag hoarder like me! I just find that the design on all their products are not quite right. Having said that, I do use them every day!

• Ruth Crilly says:

Maybe they will bring out a version of the original one that is smaller for better grip! x

• Emma Jane says:

Well, I just bought a Denman Tangle Tamer from Boots for my handbag. It’s small enough & actually has a handle. I also got a Michel Mercier de-tangling brush for the shower which is a large paddle brush with a handle so much easier to use. Got that one from Feelunique – worth a try! x

Comments are closed.