Do I Look Fat Like This?

Posted · 25 Comments

cat looking fat

Sorry, I simply couldn’t resist. Poor old Mr Bear. It really is the angle, you know. He’s not actually overweight! Apparently British Shorthair cats can grow up to 10kg, and Mr Bear is around 6kg. He still looks teeny to me, but then when I see other cats I realise just how chunky he is. The big, cuddly, ball of fluff. As you read this I’ll be somewhere over the Atlantic – I land this afternoon. HELLO JETLAG. So this is a lazy post, scheduled in advance. It replaces the Sunday Tittle Tattlebut I’m sure I’ll have lots to tell you next week. Lots!

If you want to read more Mr Bear posts then click here – if you have absolutely no interest in cats, looking fat or otherwise, my apologies. Normal service resumes tomorrow!

25 Responses to "Do I Look Fat Like This?"
  1. Marie says:

He’s so adorable! How old is he?

pocketfulofmakeup.blogspot.com

2. bee says:

did you name your cat after the mr. bear from the childrens book The Lonely Doll?

3. Abby says:

So cute

4. strawberries says:

i have a blue british shorthair and he is a little fatty too. he’s 3 and around 6.5kg. i love him to death. his fur feels like a koala (i’m in australia). and i sometimes mistake him for my grey ugg boots. haha

really enjoy your blog.

more recipes and food inspiration please! and a contouring makeup video would be great.

5. Ellie says:

You should check out maru on mugumogu’s youtube channel.

6. sare says:

it looks like you swallowed the dog Mr Bear but don’t worry we all have fat days :)

7. Kirsty Calderon says:

What a beautiful cat ruth, my son loves him , he thinks he is as cute as cruikshanks in harry potter movie

8. too many easter eggs, he he he, I personally love round cats!

9. Jo Horne says:

I have a British shorthair and she sits like this too, she’s also really chunky and is always wanting good, heavy little piglet :) x

10. Laura Tice says:

OHHHHHHHHHH sweetness!!!!

11. xtine says:

He is simply adorable! You should do more posts about Mr.Bear, I like the way you write about him, Ruth!

12. Jo says:

Lol what a cute chubster

13. Haha, oh my he’s so cute! And the bigger the better I say!

14. Definitely not his best angle, but I love him anyways ;) Hope the jet lag subsides soon! xo

15. Valens says:

Oh my God, Ruth… your Mr Bear is irresistible!!!
    He is so cute and isn’t fat.. it’s all fur and love!! ^-^
    xoxo
    V

Happy Easter

16. Kim says:

My cat was also 6kg before he got ill and I tought it was ok, untill I saw other, slimmer cats. I loved all the fluffiness and the softness.

17. Elizabeth Maiorana says:

I want to “razzberry” him!! He is far better than any bunny, I tell you. Thank you Ruth for this wonderful post of darling Mr Bear. xoxo Beth in Pgh ;-)

18. V says:

Ruth! I wanted to email you but couldn’t find your email address anywhere. ANYWAYS. Just wanted to inform you that the fabulous Neal’s Yard Remedies Wild Rose Daily Moisture SPF 30 (50ml) that you had recommended a while back (you described it as having a matte powder finish, perfect for Summer days and people with oily skin!) has been discontinued due to it containing some nano ingredients!

Below is what they emailed to me:

“NEAL’S YARD REMEDIES SAY NO TO NANO
    At Neal’s Yard Remedies, we are committed to formulating, producing and delivering safe, ethical and organic products. As you know, we believe in honesty and transparency, which is why we wanted to let you know about a change in classification of an ingredient in two of our products; Wild Rose Daily Moisturiser SPF30 and Moisturising Sunscreen SPF30, which both contain the zinc oxide ingredient called ZinClearTM.

When we formulated these products, ZinClear was certified as being non-nano by its supplier, and its use in natural and organic products was approved by both Ecocert and the Soil Association. However, due to recent changes in how particles sizes are measured, we have been advised that ZinClear has been shown to contain some nano particles and so has been reclassified as a ‘nano’ ingredient.

We have performed our own testing on the two SPF products affected, which has shown that in their final form – due to the way they are combined with ingredients such as botanical oils – both of our finished products contain no measurable levels of nano particles.

Unlike many of our competitors, at Neal’s Yard Remedies we won’t compromise on nano particles in any part of the process, which is why we have withdrawn the two affected SPF products and commenced work on reformulations that exclude ZinClear.

In the meantime, we want to reassure you that all of our products remain fully approved as safe to use.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding these products, please call our Customer Advice Line on 01747 834 634.”

Bleugh, so basically, I need a new sunblock! Do you have anything to recommend that has a similar finishing? This is probably the best sunblock I’ve ever used that didn’t clog my stupid face or caused an army of red spots to procreate on my face! :(

19. Sam Muses says:

If cats could de-tag… So cute! I always find this angle amusing when photographing my own 6kg furball!

20. Sylvie Helen says:

Oh bless him… But his little face! *resumes normal tone of voice* Don’t mind me x

21. Chelsea says:

Hi Ruth, I want to ask an irrelevant question… Is it a rule that in an ingredient list, the ones listed firstly are always those that take up the most of the product? Like if it says greentea,oil,preservative then green tea takes up the largest proportion of the product,then oil then preservatives? Thanks very much xoxo,
    Chelsea

22. I do the same – think other cats look so skinny compared to my more rotund one, even though they’re a normal size. It doesn’t help that she’s clearly had kittens in the past so her tummy hangs down. But she’s at least 17 years old so at that age it’s a good sign that she’s not having trouble holding onto weight/looking frail. When she was ill and not eating a couple of years ago the vet said it was a good thing to have the extra reserves!

23. Chichina says:

Oh he’s so buttery and delicious!

24. Sam says:

Ha ha he looks so content though. Pushka weighs 8.5kg but carries it well. Enjoy your trip!

25. Amber @ www.goodthingblog.com says:

I have a 10 kilo black cat that was once a slim stray black cat. His name is Oliver (cf Oliver Twist) and I like to think he’s pleasantly plump. Pretty heavy when he wants to sleep on top of me, though. I think your ginger man is gorgeous. I’m Austalian. Is Oliver an Australian short-hair fatso or what?