Sunday Tittle Tattle

model style

1) This week, I am proud to announce that I have made NO PURCHASES. Try not to die of shock. I’m actually about to return a few things from the week before – just little jersey tops from H&M, but they’re not great quality and every penny counts! Pretty soon you’ll see the start of my eBay wardrobe purge – I’ve been promising to have one for about a year, so it’s definitely overdue. (I think I’ll be selling my amazing orange Herve Leger dress, pictured above right. Keep a look out for that.)

2) I am also proud to announce that I have begun my dissertation. I’m currently reading The Historical Novel by Jerome de Groot and trying not to eat my own hands off with boredom. Note-taking has commenced. Well done me.

skincare review

3) Lovers of Lancome’s Genefique will be thrilled to learn that it re-launched this month with a new, advanced formula: Advanced Genefique. It’s proclaimed benefits? Deep breath:  “Smoothes Fine Lines and Deep Wrinkles, Boosts Radiance, Clarifies and Evens Skin Tone, Improves Skin Texture, Increases Elasticity and Tonicity, Firms Skin, Hydrates.” I have absolutely no idea why they had to start every word with a capital letter in their blurb, it makes it into Some Kind of Sensational Newspaper Headline Doesn’t It? Anyway, just letting you know that it’s now stronger and better, but at the same price. So if you’re scratching your head at the fact you can’t seem to find the old version, fear not: this is the replacement. It’s £58 on FeelUnique.com

vintage party forks

4) Forking Hell! My Mum has such bizarre things in her cupboards. Last weekend she wouldn’t let me pick at the olives she’d set out on the table until she’d fetched the “Party Forks”! When do you think these are from? The fifties? Sixties? You can catch up with my Mum’s (often quite random) thoughts at MyMumSays...

2016 A Model Recommends: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. Outward links to retailers will usually be affiliate links. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. TT
    July 14, 2013 / 10:50 am

Thanks for the link to your mum’s blog – she’s a laugh! and it seems as if the apple didn’t fall far from the tree (that’s a compliment to both of you).

• RuthCrilly
      July 15, 2013 / 11:10 am

Thank you! x

2. July 14, 2013 / 6:16 pm

The video featuring your mum’s favorite things is great! Can’t wait to read her blog. Love the new Lancome Advanced Genifique formula, if fantastic! Looking forward to the ebay wardrobe purge :)

• RuthCrilly
      July 15, 2013 / 11:10 am

That’s good to know – did you use the old one too? x

• July 16, 2013 / 6:23 pm

Yes although I find the new one to be a little heavier. I’m getting used to the new formula, but still love the results!

3. Sassy Hicks
    July 14, 2013 / 9:03 pm

Always love your Sunday updates Ruth, but today’s posting is
    particularly relevant to me.

I inherited some of those same forks from my lovely Grandma
    (mine are in fetching pastel plastic!) plus I’m about to start a blog WITH my Mum, so wish me luck!

I also just spent Sunday doing coursework, so thanks for
    some light relief and good luck with the dissertation – you can do it!

• RuthCrilly
      July 15, 2013 / 11:10 am

Good luck – let me know when it’s up! x

4. Liz
    July 14, 2013 / 9:43 pm

1. Your mum is adorable – the video of you together was so sweet! My mother has similar forks tucked away somewhere. Oh, and god forbid we break out the cheese and wine without the fancy cheese knives…

2. Completely unrelated, but you should consider dedicating a post to choosing or reviewing lipsticks – I have a really difficult time finding colors that work for me and surely I’m not alone (if you have already and I missed it, I apologize. I’ve been following you for a while but otherwise came in a bit late). It would be much appreciated!

Thanks, and best of luck with getting through that book! xo

• RuthCrilly
      July 15, 2013 / 11:09 am

That’s a really good idea! x

5. Bella
    July 14, 2013 / 11:31 pm

I wished I could say that about purchases as well. I was doing great the whole week, just working and no visits to any online shop. And now that the weekend is almost over, I just had to open the HBO site shop and buy things I don’t need (I’m a hopeless GoT fan).

• RuthCrilly
      July 15, 2013 / 11:09 am

What is GoT?! x

• Bella
        July 15, 2013 / 5:53 pm

Game of Thrones, and I buy way too much of the crappy merchandise that goes with it. *rolls eyes at self*

6. Joana
    July 15, 2013 / 12:31 am

I’m extra proud of you this week for 1 and 2 :)

• RuthCrilly
      July 15, 2013 / 11:09 am

7. Siobhan
    July 15, 2013 / 6:59 am

Sorting through a box of my grandmother’s dishware this weekend and what did I find…party forks!

• RuthCrilly
      July 15, 2013 / 11:09 am

No way – same ones?!

8. ajyoga
    July 15, 2013 / 2:12 pm

What? Selling your Herve Leger??? You look amazing in it!

9. Feircely Chic
    July 17, 2013 / 6:36 pm

I guess a lot of people have party forks!!!! my grandpa will most likely have some somewhere!!!