perfume offer free sample

*UPDATE: a few people having trouble with the landing site at Jo Malone. It’s working for me (13:00hrs on Monday) but I see that it’s for UK residents only. That could be the trouble! I didn’t realise, sorry about that.*

In one month’s time, Jo Malone London release their latest fragrance, the gorgeous Peony & Blush Suede. Long-suffering readers may remember that I have a bit of a thing for Peony scents and their sweet, juicy notes but Jo Malone have added some rather wonderful twists to their version. Firstly, red apple for a crisp, fruity top note and then suede as a base. (You’ll no doubt be familiar with “leather” perfume note by now – suede is its softer, more velvety sister.) The resulting scent is one that’s quite powerfully floral but has a sharp bite, initially, and something deeper and slightly more musky as the perfume settles down onto the skin.

Readers of A Model Recommends have the chance to try the new Peony & Blush Suede fragrance a whole month before it launches and, as well as receiving a free sample, an e-vite goes to a friend of your choice so that they can grab one too! All you need to do is visit Jo Malone’s website and design your peony pin – it’s very cute, you pick a peony and the colour you like and then leave a personalised message that will get emailed through to your friend.

To get started, please click here!

fragrance layering

A note on fragrance combining for the Peony & Blush Suede: I visited the Selfridges Jo Malone boutique and had a bit of a play with various scents. (Did you know you can have a free scent-layering session at the counter? Or a complimentary hand and arm massage? I didn’t! Took full advantage of both of these things, obviously…) My favourite combination was the Peony layered with English Pear & Freesia – it was really fruity and juicy and light. A more unusual combination was the Peony with the Saffron Cologne Intense that I reviewed quite recently – I would never, ever have thought about putting these two (very different) fragrances together but the result was really quite exotic and spicy!

ruth crilly beauty model blogger

Let me know how you get on with your own sample – I know that there are quite a number of you out there who enjoy a spot of fragrance layering. Try this one with Orange Blossom too – surprisingly, because I love Orange Blossom scents, it wasn’t my favourite combination, but it’s very summery and heady and perfect for warm summer evenings.

Share →

26 Responses to Reader Offer: Free Jo Malone Sample!

1. Lauren Reeves says:

Hi Ruth,

I recieved my sample today and I love it! It smells lovely :) thanks for the tip!

You have helped me so much with beauty buys and can’t wait for future tips :) thank god I found your youtube – it’s a life saver!

2. Ooooh a little Jo Malone always makes a Monday a bit better! English pear & Freesia is my current favorite scent:) Peony sounds lovely- just went to their website and hopefully I will get a sample! merci! xx

3. Sobes says:

umm ok so after I gave my personal information, they say: We will let you know by email if you’ll be one of the first to experience the most-wanted scent of the season.

IF?

• elle says:

Same here. Is it a prize draw? For samples? Clicked on the T&Cs link to try and find out, but it asked me for Jo Malone login credentials.

• RuthCrilly says:

The samples will probably run out at some point – they have to! Maybe they’re working out what’s left? I’ll find out! x

4. productjunky says:

I got it to work to send it to me and I live in the US. You just have to go through the video and sending the pin before it asks about sending you the free sample…

• Loes says:

How did you get it to work? I don’t see anything about a free sample :(

• Becky says:

At the bottom right of the video, there is a ‘skip’ button you can click, then you have to send a peony pin and then after that you can get a free sample

5. Megan says:

All I get is a video…

6. Vanessa says:

Looks lovely!
    However I could send the pin to my friend’s email, there was nothing about a sample… I can’t wait to try this! Ever since I saw it on a blog months ago (tease!!)

7. Nice one Ms Crilly! It’s worked for me, so maybe whatever glitch was troubling the system has now been fixed? The peony at present is my favourite flower. They’re just so beautiful to look at.

I love Orangle Blossom too. The scent of the mock orange in my mum’s garden is my fave thing about it. Come June time I am there, inhaling! The Cherie range at L’Occitaine smells really good too, reminds me of the cologne they used on arrival guest towels in the Maldives. Plus check out Lush’s 1000 Kisses Deep as that’s smells like a grove of blossoms, it’s gorgeous xx

8. Melinda says:

Darn, I see nothing other than a video when I follow those links. I’m going to assume this offer is not available in the US either.

9. dee says:

it repeatedly says email not valid. yawn! ah well … x

10. Cris Rajic says:

Not available in Spain,what a shame!

11. Cath says:

Really smells like something I’d love. Hope I will!

12. Kay says:

I can’t send that peony pin… :-( They repeatedly told me the email address is not valid …which is not true!

13. Alison_H says:

That was a lovely way to start a damp Monday morning. Thanks Ruth!

Ali

14. Em says:

What time do you wake up? You post quite early. Also I watched a documentary (A model Life). You have a nice personality.

• RuthCrilly says:

Posts are pre-scheduled so that they publish in time for the breakfast email newsletter! x

• Ieva says:

that made me feel so much better..
        every Sunday when i wake up in the morning and read your Tittle Tattle Im like “some people doing big stuff and im still in bed”