Nude and just a bit Rude…

Posted · 21 Comments

ruth crilly style blog

I can’t believe I forgot to post this up! My nude – and slightly rude, as you’ll discover – outfit for the Audi Polo way back at the beginning of August. Ah, how distant those long summer days seem now. It’s only a month later but already I’m putting my dressing gown on over my clothes when I sit at the computer.

Anyway, here I am on my way to the Audi Polo at Coworth Park, pretending to read the Audi Polo magazine and showing off my bright orangey-red nails. (Dior Riviera, see here.) (I’m pretending to read the magazine because I can’t read in a moving car, not because it isn’t interesting. When we stopped in traffic I had a good old flick through and learnt some interesting things about Argentinian polo players. Oh yes.)

audi polo challenge 2013

A closer view of my face: this was less than twelve hours after my friend’s wedding. I wasn’t feeling at all good. Thank the heavens above for By Terry Sheer Expert and Chanel’s Les Beiges! I went for very nude makeup to go with my very nude outfit, mainly because I couldn’t quite get it together to do anything more complicated. I was going to bang on a bright red lip, but I simply didn’t trust my shaking hands.

audi polo challenge 2013

Outfit! Nude, nude and a touch of coral with the little Anya Hindmarch bag. The dress is Halston Heritage – but guess where I found it? TK Maxx! In the Gold Label section! What a find. It’s made up of thousands of tiny pleats and it has a nude-coloured belt attached that cinches in the waist. So far so good, but I’ll tell you a little problem. The front is quite low – you can see that, no? I decided not to wear a bra. All was good standing up, but when I sat down, you could see everything! I mean – all of it. Total boob exposure. I had to spend dinner with my scarf artfully draped over my chest.

ruth crilly audi polo challenge 2013

You can kind of see what I mean here – I’m not standing at a particularly good angle, though, so it’s not that flattering… Anyway, despite the chest issue, I love this dress. I bought a Catherine Malandrino silk jumpsuit at the same time – £79! – but I’m yet to wear that. I’m not sure it would have been entirely suitable for the Polo, at any rate. Oh – here’s Prince Harry:

prince harry polo uniform

Blurry, I know. But when you’re stalking someone on a long lens and your hands are trembling and you’re heavy breathing and all that… Only joking. It’s just because my iPhone is rubbish.

21 Responses to "Nude and just a bit Rude…"
  1. Haha, the dress looks lovely- a shame there was an unexpected wardrobe malfunction. Glad you had a scarf to come to the rescue :)

2. For someone who was hungover, missing half her underwear and dodging being charged with indecent exposure, you look marvelous. Thanks for the tip about TK Maxx. I’ll keep an eye out for that Gold Label sections. So what interesting tidbits did you find out about Argentinian polo players?

3. Shahad says:

You look like a modern version of a Greek Goddess <3
    Stunning is the word to describe you, Ruth!

4. Sopia Macy says:

The dress is simple but glossy. I think this will be the fashion trend!!!

5. You look incredible!

themacaronaddict.blogspot.co.uk

6. Felicity Smith says:

I wish I could wear that colour as well as you do: it just washes me out! So pretty.

7. evelyn says:

I also love TK MAXX , I am always in there looking for bargains. I really like your dress and although you say you didn’t fell good you sure look stunning in that dress!!

8. MsDinoGal says:

That last bit about Prince Harry had me cracking up!

9. Katherine says:

Did you do a vlog of the day – I love watching your vlogs. xx

10. Ella says:

I would absolutely love to know where your gorgeous sunglasses are from! Love your outfit, worth being brave for!

11. Renate Kupse says:

HAHA, I was smiling all the way, because of the way you write, but the last paragraph just cracked me up :D Brilliant :) You look lovely! Although I’m sorry for the dress issue – I’ve found it a bummer being at an event worrying about my clothing, when I’m wearing something attention requiring.

Renate from http://thecuriousklutz.blogspot.com

12. Shana says:

You look so pretty Ruth! What is the deal with the stuff at TK Maxx and similar stores, by the way. Is it really actual designer, do you know?

• RuthCrilly says:

This is genuine Halston Heritage.. I saw it a while back on their site.. I don’t think TK Maxx are allowed to sell non-genuine. Can’t vouch for others though! x

13. Maria says:

Wow I cannot believe you found such a gorgeous dress in TK Maxx! I usually avoid as I loathe searching through over-filled racks of mixed items, however perhaps I should give it another go! Love your style x

14. Kaya Nelson says:

I guess I know where I’m shopping today… :)

15. Talisa Lauren Tossell says:

That dress is gorgeous! Tk maxx has some gems!

16. sayaka says:

stunning as always Ruth!!
    x