Why is my Mum wearing a Sanitary Pad on her Chin?

Posted · 12 Comments

elemis pro intense super system lift effect review

This Christmas I have given you some quite ridiculous things – Mr AMR talking to turkeys, me with a pineapple on my head – and now it’s time for one more. Let me please now introduce a review of the Elemis Pro-Intense Lift Effect Jowl and Chin Mask where my mother appears to be wearing a sanitary pad on her chin. I think full credit is due for the fact that she has actually photographed herself wearing the jowl mask and then posted it onto the worldwide web – I haven’t laughed so much in a long, long time.

elemis pro intense lift effect super system

I quite often ask my Mum to do serious skincare testing for me – she is very good at it. She throws herself into it wholeheartedly (as you will see) and spends hours researching the ingredients and reading up about the proclaimed effects. It’s incredibly handy to have her on board as (inevitably) she has more mature skin and therefore different areas of concern but despite her dedication to the cause, she always finds a way to make her write-up funny and interesting. If you haven’t had a browse on My Mum Says then please do – Mum only posts once in a blue moon but it always puts a smile upon my face. Obviously I’m biased, but hey…

Mum’s review of the Jowl and Chin Mask (why the word “jowl”? WHY? It’s literally the most unglamorous word on the planet – it would make me run a mile from this product!) is here: mymumsays.wordpress.com

The Elemis Super System costs £155 but has 20% off at the moment with free delivery at FeelUnqiue.com

12 Responses to "Why is my Mum wearing a Sanitary Pad on her Chin?"
  1. Katie Albury says:

This is hilarious!

Katie x

2. Lara says:

This has to be the best blog title ever!

3. Lauren Parker says:

this sounds so interesting, ive never really come across something like this before!

Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

4. Natasha says:

When I read your mums blog last week about this is made me giggle (especially the fact of her hiding in the bathroom whilst your dad went out) I really like some of Elemis items and they are no nonsense no frills items and most work really well. I thought it looked more like a surgeons mask (that they wear whilst doing ops) that had been pulled down post op (or between) and were chatting to others telling them about the op! Lol. Your mum never fails to make me giggle and i’ve had some lovely conversations with her (mainly a while ago when she first started) The thing I like also about your mum is she tells it how it is and doesn’t sugar coat it and if in item is awful she will say! Hats (or masks! Lol) off to your mum and hope you, your mum, Mr AMR (and kitty) had a great Christmas? I got spoilt rotten by my mum (omorovicza, perricone, urban decay, designer pj’s, 2 ltd edt Charlie bears, candles, perfume and loads more I was chuffed to bits and gob smacked) x

5. Andrea Velikov says:

Thank you for sharing and introducing us to your mom’s blog!!

6. Ali says:

By the way, found that Victorian chin fixer device. “The Double-Chin Vanquisher” http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/05/weird-womens-beauty-products_n_4312196.html

7. Zazie Bibi says:

the title haha (: xx

a-little-treat.blogspot.com

8. Ali says:

Isn’t it wonderful! As much as certain industries try to make us fear ageing more than death itself, you eventually get to the age where you just don’t give a damn any more and will quite happily post selfies that embarrass your children. Good for Mum! By the way, does this actually work?

Ali

9. Talisa Lauren Tossell says:

i love the title of this post ruth hahaha!

10. chockycakes51 says:

Omgosh lol love elemis products though. Enjoying their brightening balm (?) at the moment.

11. Ailyn Koay says:

does really look like a sanitary pad

Comments are closed.