skincare best sale

1) Have you been keeping up with my sales posts? I’ve scoured the internet for the best deals in fashion (here), books (here) and now beauty (here)! Thank you, though, to an eagle-eyed reader who spotted an Alpha-H deal at LookFantastic. It’s two 100ml bottles of Liquid Gold for £39.99, but she also had a code for 12% off: NEWYEAR12. I haven’t tested this one, but the page is here – hope it works!

2) In one week, Mr AMR and I have managed to polish off the final series of Dexter (WHAT is that finale all about? Bizarre!), promise ourselves never to start another TV marathon ever again and promptly begin a brand new TV marathon. This time it’s The Good Wife. Anyone seen it? We are addicted! We’ve already devoured series 1 (18 episodes in the first day, don’t even go there) and are now trying to resist rushing through series two. One of my major problems with working so manically most of the time is that when I do try to relax, I end up watching crazy amounts of television via Netflix. It’s the only way to stop my fingers from itching and my brain from whirring! I’ll have square eyes by tomorrow..

floods 2013

3) What else? Um. Oh yes – floods! Is anyone else surrounded by water? My house hasn’t flooded (a miracle, seeing as though it’s on a river) but all of the surrounding fields and roads are very soggy, to say the least. And the new puppy is very much enjoying hurling himself full pelt into any body of water that we pass, emerging seconds later looking like some kind of swamp rat. It’s TERRIBLE for my wardrobe, all of this dog walking – I’m going to have to buy a stock of very inexpensive jeans to be kept especially for “country things”.

country life canal

And I’ve given up on attempting to get along the canal path in my Jimmy Choos. (Joke. Obviously. Although I have a friend who would definitely try.)

4) Holiday query: has anyone been to Port Isaac? Does anyone live there? Does anyone have any holiday cottage recommendations? My Mum is looking to hire somewhere for us and keeps bombarding me with links for Cottages4U – if you have any insider info then please do let me know!

mr bear photo

5) Cat photo. Wouldn’t be Sunday without it.. Here’s Mr Bear taking a short break from typing into his MacBook Air. It’s sensible to rest one’s eyes every ten minutes or so when staring at screens – we could all learn a lesson here.

Share →

32 Responses to Sunday Tittle Tattle

1. Canadian reader says:

My sister and brother-in-law live in Port Isaac. Drop me a line and I can put you in touch.

2. Cris Rajic says:

Oh God, I can´t believe the beauty of those landscapes, really gorgeous! You´re so lucky, I´d change the beach and the all year round summer weather for the countryside in a minute.

3. Katie McCormack says:

I went to Port Isaac with my family in June 2012 and stayed at Trewartha Farm (www.trewarthafarm.co.uk). Really lovely farm with views out to the ocean. Not in the centre of town, but no more than a 10 minute drive. Filming had finished when we arrived so it was easy to find restaurants and the like. It was a bit cold when I was there but then again I don’t really know typical weather for Cornwall ( I’m from Australia). Hope this helps! Btw your blog is always amazing although I’m not really a cat person Mr Bear is always so adorable!

4. Chloe Walker says:

The infamous Emma Hardy cleansing balm, I just dont know whether to take the plunge and buy it!
    You wee pup is so cute!

5. Caitlin says:

I just reordered the Liquid Gold! Country photos look beautiful, must be nice to be able to roam free!

Caitlin Confidential

6. sam says:

Dexter was extremely disappointing, whomps! And we started The Good Wife maybe 1-2 months ago and we are already 4 seasons in. Another good one is Buffy the Vampire Slayer, it is cheesy but awesomely 90’s.

7. Rebecca B. says:

Mr. Bear is such a gorgeous cat!!

8. narine says:

How old is Mr. Bear! He must be hating all the attention he’s getting from the pup right? :D

Narine from – Mad About Beauty

9. Ali says:

Stay dry and I hope the animals are getting along.

Ali

10. Gisela Spencer says:

Loving your country life Ruth, you really do add such a wonderful spin to life. Thanks for sharing a snippet with us. I do hope you make more time this year for relaxing and resting eyes. Jimmy Choo’s on the canal trail picturing it now.

11. so_oh_phee says:

Can we have a Sunday puppy photo too please?

12. Cornelia Kennedy says:

I have ‘country’ jeans, for dog walking when we had a dog, or for walks with the kids when I know I will be kneeling down often, or carrying a child who has done the same as your dog into a pond!

Cornelia – Ineffable Beauty

13. Pauline Maisonneuve says:

I love the Good wife, I’ve also watched the first series through a “TV Marathon”. Be prepared for the series 5, I think it’s the best so far, truly amazing!

14. Lisa Fusco says:

Hi Ruth – just ordered the LG – thanks to you and your reader! Regarding book bargains – I’ve just noticed “Into the darkest corner” by Elizabeth Haines is a kindle deal at the mo – 99p. One of my favourite reads this year!! Think I recommended it in an earlier discussion. Don’t know if you got it – but I would truly recommend!!!
    Lisa F

15. Nadine Pinnock says:

The flooding is mad! I’m glad your home is safe and hopefully Dexter isn’t messing around in the mud too much! Happy Sunday :)

16. Teresa Payne says:

I am also currently obsessed with The Good Wife…also just started the series a couple of days ago and am almost through season 2…. Just. Can’t. Stop. Watching. (I also just finished a marathon of the show Scandal…add that to your list. It’s amazing and very addictive!). OK, I know I have a problem, but currently sick in bed…so what else is there to do? (other than reading your blog and watching your videos, of course!) xo

17. Supria says:

Ruth thanks to you and the eagle-eyed reader, the code works making it a BOGOF offer :D xx

18. Morgan @ Hyacinth Girl says:

I love that picture of you walking the dog – when I saw it the other day I showed my boyfriend and said ‘THIS WILL BE ME ONE DAY LOOK HOW STYLISH SHE IS EVEN TO WALK THE DOG!’ So, you know, compliments! I hope you’re enjoying village life.

• Ieva Braziulytė says:

that was so cute :)
      Every time I see that picture I just want to live in that moment even if its just for 5min. It feels like you can smell the forest while sitting on your sofa

19. Ellie says:

Port Isaac is beautiful! We’ve holidayed there frequently since I was little – as has been mentioned, it can be hopelessly busy due to Doc Martin being filmed, but it’s still a gorgeous place to be. Also – Mr Bear is hopelessly adorable, and I am not a cat person!

20. Becky Hay says:

Since I broke my arm there is not much else I can do – have been addicted to The Good Wife for a while now, it is one of the best shows ever! How do you like Patti Nyholm? Or Elsbeth Tascioni? lololol love love love it. The Dexter finale was a bummer, such an anti climax… they originally intended for him to die but the network would not allow it.

21. Fiona says:

Hi Ruth, loving your daily fix 2 series to watch Damages with Glenn Close and Would I lie to you , loved them both. Any tips my daughter is 27 and has quite signicant roseacha she has tried a number of skin care regimes ? Fx

22. Zazie Bibi says:

really want to try the emma hardie balm :)

23. Katjusha H says:

Dexter spoilers!!
    yes I found it weird too…. my fiancé was like super disappointed like “pourquoi est-ce qu’il l’a jetée dans l’océan?!!!!!!!!!!!” translation “why did he throw her in the ocean?!!!!!!” what did you think about that part ?? In my opinion, he felt so guilty she died that it was as though he killed her himself and then ended up throwing her off the boat just like he usually does with his victims !!!!
    The good wife ?? love it, did you know one of the producers committed suicide? I thought it was gonna affect the show really bad, but it didn’t really… anyway, it’s good but not as good as SCANDAL… that show is like OMG the best of all, you have to watch it ASAP !!!! x

24. mollie5 says:

Hi Ruth, I went to Port Isaac a few summers ago, it’s lovely and very pretty. We took our dog to the beach for the first time there and he loved it. When I went however it was absolutely packed! Still very enjoyable though.
    Love your website and YouTube channel. Your such an inspiration. X

25. AmyHeath says:

Ruth, we went to Port Isaac last summer. It is very charming indeed. Can be quite busy in summer apparently thanks to Doc Martin as it is filmed there but still lovely. If you are a seafood lover then Nathan Outlaw has just opened a new restaurant there and there are some lovely little shops too. Love AMR-thanks for a wonderful site x

• Bbdg33 says:

Please please please can we have a puppy picture on a Sunday too, as much as I love the bear I am more of a dog kinda girl