1) Have you been keeping up with my sales posts? I’ve scoured the internet for the best deals in fashion (here), books (here) and now beauty (here)! Thank you, though, to an eagle-eyed reader who spotted an Alpha-H deal at LookFantastic. It’s two 100ml bottles of Liquid Gold for £39.99, but she also had a code for 12% off: NEWYEAR12. I haven’t tested this one, but the page is here – hope it works!
2) In one week, Mr AMR and I have managed to polish off the final series of Dexter (WHAT is that finale all about? Bizarre!), promise ourselves never to start another TV marathon ever again and promptly begin a brand new TV marathon. This time it’s The Good Wife. Anyone seen it? We are addicted! We’ve already devoured series 1 (18 episodes in the first day, don’t even go there) and are now trying to resist rushing through series two. One of my major problems with working so manically most of the time is that when I do try to relax, I end up watching crazy amounts of television via Netflix. It’s the only way to stop my fingers from itching and my brain from whirring! I’ll have square eyes by tomorrow..
3) What else? Um. Oh yes – floods! Is anyone else surrounded by water? My house hasn’t flooded (a miracle, seeing as though it’s on a river) but all of the surrounding fields and roads are very soggy, to say the least. And the new puppy is very much enjoying hurling himself full pelt into any body of water that we pass, emerging seconds later looking like some kind of swamp rat. It’s TERRIBLE for my wardrobe, all of this dog walking – I’m going to have to buy a stock of very inexpensive jeans to be kept especially for “country things”.
And I’ve given up on attempting to get along the canal path in my Jimmy Choos. (Joke. Obviously. Although I have a friend who would definitely try.)
4) Holiday query: has anyone been to Port Isaac? Does anyone live there? Does anyone have any holiday cottage recommendations? My Mum is looking to hire somewhere for us and keeps bombarding me with links for Cottages4U – if you have any insider info then please do let me know!
5) Cat photo. Wouldn’t be Sunday without it.. Here’s Mr Bear taking a short break from typing into his MacBook Air. It’s sensible to rest one’s eyes every ten minutes or so when staring at screens – we could all learn a lesson here.