Uh Oh. Net-a-Porter Sale: Round 2

net-a-porter sale 70%

I thought that I was done and dusted with my sales posts (and my sales shopping!) but then an email pinged into my inbox and resisting opening it would have been akin to placing a lively mouse in front of a cat and expecting the cat to simply ignore it. It was the Net-a-Porter email that they send out as soon as they start making the “further reductions” – it’s traditionally the time when I make my best investment purchases. Although I’m not sure how I did this time – we’ll have to wait and see what everything’s like when it arrives! Mind you, the last shipment was a roaring success, so I have high hopes…

Here’s what I bought. At time of publishing, there were loads left in different sizes; there are also plenty of items that I loved but couldn’t justify – so enjoy browsing on my behalf!

net-a-porter sale picks

1) Vivienne Westwood Explorer silk jumpsuit, reduced from £445 to £227.50 here. This is my favourite (and most indulgent) buy. Love the classic shape of the top, love the “sport” trim – just perfect. I hope it fits!

j.crew sweater sale

2) Bargain of the week; J.Crew merino sweater, reduced from £85 to £25.50 here. Not particularly exciting, but very useful and it looks non-itchy, which is a must. The Whistles eyelash trim top I bought makes me want to peel my skin off it’s so itchy! But it looks good, I just have to make sure I wear a cotton t-shirt beneath.

Net-a-Porter Sale – 70% Reductions

net-a-porter sale picks

3) Not so sure about these. What do you think? I’ve bought them, anyway. I can always send them back! Isabel Marant, reduced from £205 to £61.50 here. I think the way that they’re styled is great – on the look out for a big, voluminous black sweater, now. Nudge me if you see one!

net-a-porter sale picks

4) Photos of black clothing – never very easy to see! This has clever twisted ruching at the waist that (hopefully) makes it really flattering. Time will tell. This was reduced from £220 to £66 (here) and I’m hoping that it will be a wise investment!

Net-a-Porter Sale

Right. I must just go and sell tea-towels door-to-door before the credit card bill arrives! If you want even more sales temptation then check out the HUSH sale which started today – my favourite PJs are in there and lots of lovely knitwear. No voluminous black jumpers, unfortunately… HUSH Sale

*Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer.

© 2017 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. Outward links to retailers are affiliate links. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. Katherine
    January 7, 2014 / 11:31 am

Love the silk jumpsuit! I wish I could pull something like that off, but unfortunately jumpsuits are mortal enemies with lower belly pooches. Haha :)

2. Katharina
    January 7, 2014 / 11:32 am

I tried to avoid net-a-porter for that reason. I would buy way to much. Or at least that craving again. Given that I decided to try the five french piece wardrobe things craving is the last thing I want to do. Anyway, the items you chosed are fabulous. I really love the sweater!

Katharina // Katinka

3. sb82
    January 7, 2014 / 12:34 pm

The problem with all tight black T by Alexander Wang dresses is that they are completely see-through…. You can see EVERYTHING especially on your backside.

• RuthCrilly
      January 7, 2014 / 12:41 pm

Ugh! No way! OK, that will be going back then!

4. Zazie Bibi
    January 7, 2014 / 1:07 pm

love those trousers! xx

a-little-treat.blogspot.com

5. ÅH
    January 7, 2014 / 1:20 pm

What size did you get in the Wang-dress? so difficult to decide.. Does anyone know how the sizing is on this dress?

• RuthCrilly
      January 7, 2014 / 4:43 pm

I went for a small. I basically just always choose a size up from the model’s size as they use very slim models. They are probably an 8, I am a ten. Hope that helps! x

6. Lisa
    January 7, 2014 / 1:28 pm

ooh the J Crew seater looks lovely and great deal too! Ruth can you (or your readers) recommend a good “budget” eye cream…under £10 for dry/red skin around the eye area…I’m sorry this is unrelated to this post and I know you focus more on high end than budget x

• Amy Ekins
      January 7, 2014 / 2:24 pm

I use Dr Organic’s rose otto eye cream. I haven’t used it when I’m flaring with eczema (then I use Dr Organic face cream and hydrocortisone) but there’s a few eye creams in the Dr Organic range and they’re all under £10. The rose otto one smooth out fine lines and keeps my eyes moisturised, I really like it.

7. January 7, 2014 / 1:29 pm

The Wang dress is gorgeous – please let us know how it works out!

8. Becki & Jess Dunn
    January 7, 2014 / 1:30 pm

Oh I love that jumpsuit! I would love to buy a few of the printed tee’s!
    Becki xx

9. Lucy
    January 7, 2014 / 1:31 pm

Love the IM trousers!

10. Alex Montemor
    January 7, 2014 / 2:12 pm

These items are amazing!! I think I won’t be able to resist the jumpsuit! Stunning,tks for your post! xox

11. SianK
    January 7, 2014 / 3:35 pm

Was deliberating over the J Crew sweater last night but waited to long and they’ve sold out of my size. I did manage to pick up some lovely tops and underwear in the sale though including the Zoe Karssen bat tee for a bargain £30! Hope everything is a good as it looks. Net a porter is dangerous

• RuthCrilly
      January 7, 2014 / 4:44 pm

Grr! I paid £42 for the bat tee. Knew I should have held out! ; )

12. soph
    January 7, 2014 / 3:56 pm

love the isabel marant jeans…. im pretty sure it’ll look gr8 on u ruth…..

• RuthCrilly
      January 7, 2014 / 4:44 pm

Thank you Soph! x

13. Natasha
    January 7, 2014 / 5:17 pm

I got that email also BUT was scared to look as I know I will be tempted to buy a few things. Maybe a sneaky peak? Hopefully anything I want will be sold out or they won’t have my size (size 8 or Small)? Lol x

14. Lisa
    January 7, 2014 / 8:35 pm

Love the jumpsuit! Wish I had the nerve to wear one but have convinced myself they’re for tall skinny gals :-) good luck with the marant jeans…I bought a pair in the summer sales and they barely went up past my knees…sizing is very small! :-(

• RuthCrilly
      January 8, 2014 / 12:49 am

Oh crikey!! I should have gone a size up! x

• Natasha
        January 8, 2014 / 2:22 pm

It even said on the editors comments to go a size up as they are small fitting Lol. I was tempted by 2 pairs of the jeans and managed to talk myself out of them (that’s a first! Lol) But they are still in my checkout box just in case I change my mind ( I would have to get a size UK10 size can’t remember if it’s FR 36 or 38 which the Isabel Marant sizes are sold in but I chose a size up when looking at the size converter on net-a-porters site?) You will probably find after all that (and worrying you got the wrong size (tho right UK size) that they will fit perfectly??? Apparently even the shoes/boots it’s best to go a size up? I was going to buy a pair of 38/5 of the Isabel Marant trainers but on chatting I was told the 38/5 fits more like a size UK size 4.5? It really peeves me off when stores do that. What they should really do is put in large writing when looking at the items buy a size up etc NOT in editors comments etc on another part of the listing that you have to click to get a size etc up because they actually come up small as I bet lots of people make that mistake and it can work out to be an expensive mistake OR you end up sending the item back and then they have sold out then of the correct size so don’t end up with the item but have spent money and time on postage! Grrrrrrrr Lol x

15. Felicity Smith
    January 7, 2014 / 10:52 pm

I stayed up last night for the Hush sale but the reductions aren’t great yet, and I am such a fan of theirs (you really should negotiate a special code for us loyal followers ;-)

• RuthCrilly
      January 8, 2014 / 12:48 am

Good idea! I will ask tomorrow. x

• Felicity Smith
        January 8, 2014 / 2:25 am

!! I was only joking btw, but I have no doubt your magic would work (… eyes Hush wish list shiftily …). x

• Felicity Smith
          January 9, 2014 / 6:19 pm

(which is very hard to say out loud)

16. Courtney LD
    January 8, 2014 / 9:03 pm

Love the jeans. Very “Mad Men”.

17. Kylie Jenkins
    January 9, 2014 / 1:16 pm

Following this post, I had nose at the Net-a-Porter sale too and ordered this gorgeous skirt, http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/352687 I’ve been lusting after it for ages bit couldn’t justify the original £150 price tag but the new £60 cost was a bargain! Lets hope it fits. Thanks for the Net-a-Porter sale tip!

18. Chrissabella
    January 9, 2014 / 4:24 pm

Love all of them, great sales pics!

Greetings from London,

chrissabella.blogspot.com

19. Ayelet
    January 11, 2014 / 9:07 pm

Thanks! Got an amazing McQueen skirt at Net a Porter which was 70% off. They were so helpful on the phone too, and gave me the exact measurements, to help me pick the right size.

20. Natasha
    January 12, 2014 / 9:15 pm

A bit late here, but adding a comment nonetheless. Love the trousers! Do you have them yet? Sadly, I think I’d need the size 40 which are no longer stocked :(. Debating whether the 42 will be too big (going on the measurements they’ll be too big for my waist but only a tad bigger on my hips. Thoughts??)

21. Els Van Zegbroeck
    January 13, 2014 / 7:20 am

Don’t you have to pay import duty & taxes? That’s why I never buy anything from there because I’m afraid I’ll have to pay extra.