New on the Chic and Sleek Makeup Scene: Delilah Cosmetics

stiletto lipstick

A new makeup brand that could prove to be rather irresistible; Delilah Cosmetics. Chic, heavy packaging, wearable, flattering shades and beautiful textures that sit lightly on the skin but that still manage to do a brilliant job of enhancing features and adding the odd splash of colour. I have tried the bronzer (excellent), blush (also excellent), lipsticks (I was raving about Tango only last week) and eyeliner pens. All of them do what they say on the tin, and do it well.

matte bronzer

And what a tin! Look at that gorgeous detailing around the edge of the bronzer compact – it’s so sophisticated and actually feels far, far more expensive than some of the very premium ranges I could mention. There’s no shoddy “slap on a metal effect trim” for these palettes and lipsticks, it’s all hefty materials and smooth-touch finishes with securely-fastened mirrors and lids that don’t feel as though they might snap off after two uses.

powder blush

I love that the blushes and bronzers come in their sweet velvet pouches as well as being folded carefully into pretty cardboard cases with an outer sleeve, it’s like unwrapping a little present. And I’m so pleased that the products inside actually live up to the window dressing – the eyeshadows that I tried didn’t have the most intense pay-off I’ve tried, but they were silky-smooth to apply and everything else was more or less faultless. Smooth, velvety eyeliner that stayed put all day, vibrant lipstick that didn’t dry out my already chapped lips…

kabuki foundation

I’ve heard great things about the skin products (base, primer, concealer etc) so I’ll report back with my findings on those when I get a chance to give them a go – until then, you can find the whole collection online. If you’d like to see Tango in action then take a look at this post – if it’s the bronzer in Light Medium, blush in Lullaby and gel liner in Plum that you’re interested in then I’m wearing those in the photograph below.

ruth crilly

*Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer.

© 2017 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. Outward links to retailers are affiliate links. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. December 15, 2014 / 7:48 am

I love the shade of the rouge and your complete makeup!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

2. December 15, 2014 / 8:33 am

These look absolutely gorgeous! I wonder where you can find this brand

3. Lily
    December 15, 2014 / 8:50 am

Can I ask- are you being paid by this company? I notice that you, Viviana, lily pebbles etc. all featuring this heavily at the moment. Is it genuine, or are you being paid? I don’t want to buy if it’s just advertising, – maybe it’s a coincidence.?

• December 15, 2014 / 3:23 pm

No, it would always always always be declared as sponsored or a paid advertorial. And I know that the girls are hot on that too! I suppose that with a new launch there are dozens of people who will get introduced to the brand at the same time – to be honest, I’ve been a bit slow off the mark as I’ve had my bits and pieces for a couple of months! x

4. Zazie
    December 15, 2014 / 9:13 am

Your skin looks gorgeous! x

5. Moo
    December 15, 2014 / 11:07 am

Thanks for reviewing, I’ve been meaning to try for some time, the bronzer looks lovely!

6. December 15, 2014 / 11:23 am

Love the lipstick!!

7. Sue Fallon
    December 15, 2014 / 1:23 pm

Wow plum eye liner w/blue eyes isn’t something I’d considered before, butt I love it on you. Brilliant look. Rpt!

8. Sue Fallon
    December 15, 2014 / 1:27 pm

Wow plum eye liner w/blue eyes isn’t something I’d considered before, butt I love it on you. Brilliant look. Rpt p.s.looks very purple on the website, so which end does it veer in real life, red or blue, please? pretty?

9. December 15, 2014 / 1:43 pm

Your look is very pretty. Is Delilah available in the UK only? I can’t remember seeing them anywhere around here in Germany.

10. December 15, 2014 / 2:22 pm

Ooo, I’ve never heard of this brand before but it looks really lovely!

ihopeso-blog.blogspot.com