Sunday Tittle Tattle: New Hair and Naughty Bear.

blonde hair

1) New hair – I’m a new woman! Blonder, a bit shorter, perfect for a bit of a springtime lift. Many thanks to Nicola Clarke and Andreas Wild at John Frieda for a superb job – I must get myself some of the Sea Waves sea salt spray (here) that Andreas spritzed through my hair before drying it. The whole textured, shaggy look really sets off the blonde highlights and makes everything look beachy and beautiful! I went to the John Frieda salon in Mayfair – you can find all salon details here.

british shorthair cat

2) Naughty Bear: Mr Bear is wreaking havoc at my parents’ house! I’ve had to order a cat tree with scratching posts to stop him attacking their leather chair and headboard and John Lewis rug. (Reported to me in that order. Also he broke a glass fruit bowl by jumping in it, and smashed two bottles of beer that my brother had been saving for his relaxing weekend drink!) Naughty, naughty Bear. Oh, how I miss him. I’m counting down the weeks! (If you’ve missed my recent updates, he’s at my parents’ because our holiday let we’re staying in doesn’t allow cats.)

Read previous episodes of the Sunday Tittle Tattle…

© 2018 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. Eva Williams
    March 29, 2015 / 8:54 am

Your hair looks lovely Ruth, I’m just about to get mine cut off shorter like this too. I’m so happy to see that John Frieda have brought back the Beach Blonde range! I used to love the minty shampoo and was really sad when they discontinued it.

2. March 29, 2015 / 9:05 am

You hair looks lovely. Haha I have the same problems with my dog!

3. Anna
    March 29, 2015 / 9:18 am

Have you tried a feliway diffuser? Our cat was a nightmare after I had a baby but the diffuser totally chilled him out. Scratching is a cat’s way of leaving his scent so the diffuser may help. Don’t get the spray – my vet said it’s alcohol-based and not as effective. Good luck!

4. March 29, 2015 / 9:40 am

Your new haircut is gorgeous! The shorter length and the blonde highlights look superb.

5. March 29, 2015 / 9:54 am

Your hair looks beautiful!!!! I love the length and the highlights. Haha Mr Bear is so bad, can’t believe he jumped into a fruit bowl, I love it when cats try to fit into places they don’t fit!

6. March 29, 2015 / 10:10 am

Ruth- friends of mine tea tree oil on the furniture to stop pets chewing and scratching. Not sure if it needs diluting but I know cats hate citrus smells…. Citrus oil either sprayed on or dabbed with cotton wool? Worth a google? xx

• March 29, 2015 / 10:12 am

… Friends of mine PUT tea tree…. I blame the clock change. And a late night. I’m tired!!

7. Wendy Brady
    March 29, 2015 / 10:20 am

Hi Ruth, I would say that Mr. Bear was in the dog house, but that’s a bit ironic! My fat old girl – Merl likes to scratch the furniture, so when I bought my new sofa I purchased some scratch post furniture guards, they are a godsend! Sending you all our best wishes, Merl & Charlie (the cats ) and their human, Wendy.

8. Cara
    March 29, 2015 / 10:48 am

Fabulous hair Ruth! Xx

9. Ali Harriman
    March 29, 2015 / 11:38 am

Your hair looks gorgeous as always Ruth. I’ve gone from auburn to blonde for the S/S and am really enjoying the change. Oh dear, Mr Bear! You’re going to find yourself in the dog house. LOL,

10. Sue Fallon
    March 29, 2015 / 11:48 am

Bear needs stuff of his own. Good move Ruth. He’ll really appreciate it!

11. t
    March 29, 2015 / 12:38 pm

I’ve never been to the john freida salon but your hair looks wonderful so I might just have to!

12. Maria
    March 29, 2015 / 12:49 pm

Hi Ruth, I second the suggestion of maybe using a Feliway or Pet Remedy diffuser or spray (ask at your Vets or try google). What a gorgeous picture of him today, worth framing I say!
    And I love your new ‘do! Really ‘lifts’ everything & is a gorgeous flattering colour! You really are glowing :) xx

13. March 29, 2015 / 1:20 pm

Your new hair looks lovely!
    I especially love the blonde, wavy beach look it has!
    All the best,
    Katharina from Teastories

14. March 29, 2015 / 1:23 pm

Your hair is looking incredible Ruth! And who could ever be cross at Bear’s cute face, even if he is being naughty!

15. Stella
    March 29, 2015 / 2:37 pm

Hi Ruth – new reader – love the color – can I ask what u ask for when u go in….your highlights seem mellower toward root which I like

16. March 29, 2015 / 3:28 pm

I love this new look Ruth!
    Claudia x

17. philippa
    March 29, 2015 / 4:11 pm

I wish my hair looked like yours! (:

18. March 29, 2015 / 6:07 pm

Love the hair and that cat is gorgeous! I bought some of your dry shampoo yesterday and it’s great!

Love Lily x

19. Liz
    March 29, 2015 / 6:45 pm

Your hair looks wonderful! Love the extra blonde waves – simply smashing! As a former Florida beach girl,
    I’ve learned how to make my own beach spray. 8 oz water bottle, fill with 6 oz of water, 1.5 oz of liquid glycerine (can be purchased at the pharmacy), 1/2 teaspoon of olive or almond oil, 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt. Add everything to the bottle and shake prior to each use. It’s far healthier, the oil & glycerine are natural moisturizers with less chemicals and way cheaper too! I add a drop or two of lavender or orange essential oil extract if I want a nice smell.

Poor Bear, he misses his mum! Is there any way your parents can have play time with him? Scratching is territory marking, play time will help him to get his frustrations out without ruining the furniture. Something as silly as a paper ball wadded up or a feather on a stick should do the trick.

20. Freya
    March 29, 2015 / 6:52 pm

The idea of Mr Bear jumping into a glass fruit bowl is just hilarious! And i love your hair, it reminds me i must book an appointment myself. A springtime lift is sorely needed!

21. Alice
    March 29, 2015 / 7:09 pm

Wow Ruth your hair looks stunning, really it suits you so lovely! I wish I had the guts to cut mine shorter.

alice x | beautybyalicee | bloglovin’

22. marymary
    March 29, 2015 / 9:22 pm

That’s why they don’t allow cats!

23. March 29, 2015 / 9:28 pm

Love the hair and I so wish your family got that naughty bear on camera. That would be cute to see. Those cats are so silly! xo

24. Sophie
    March 29, 2015 / 10:36 pm

Your new hair looks AMAZING! making me want to cut mine again. I also have a cat, so can understand the mischief they get up to! Yesterday a neighbour came and knocked on the door because the cat had gotten onto the roof and she was very concerned about her

25. Helene
    March 30, 2015 / 10:42 am

Your hair is looking fantastic!

Poor Mr Bear, he is well taken care of, but misses his family, and that fun quirky fourlegged pal called Dexter.
    If I ever get a cat, I have a dog, I want a Mr Bear. He is adorable.

26. March 30, 2015 / 4:21 pm

Your hair looks beautiful Ruth! Really love the length on you – and I think I’ll be picking up some salt spray too!

Aww poor Mr Bear being told off! I hope your next home will allow you to have him back!

27. Deborah Davis
    April 1, 2015 / 1:25 pm

Your hair looks great! Where do you get an appointment with Nicola Clarke? She does beautiful work! Been wanting to find out where she does her magic!!

28. Jessica
    April 1, 2015 / 4:49 pm

Omg I love naughty cats and that photo totally sums up a cat who means business!

My cat used to scratch holes in the carpet. He liked us to know just exactly who’s turf we were on.

: )