NEW: Colab Monaco Dry Shampoo

monaco colab dry shampoo

Ah – nearly every single one of you answered correctly to my little giveaway question last week – I think I must have made the clues too easy! I asked which “city” (strictly speaking, it’s a principality) was represented by my brand new, glamorous-smelling Colab dry shampoo and most of you said Monaco. Well done. Winners have been notified by email so please do check your inboxes and spam filters and what have you.

I’m exceedingly proud of this particular Colab scent because it manages to smell rich and indulgent and heady, like some kind of holiday body oil, but it’s actually a light, sheer dry shampoo in a spray can! I’ve been skipping my perfume quite a lot since I received the final production samples of Colab Monaco – I find that a good dousing of the Sheer & Invisible in my roots leaves me perfumed enough for the day without any extra anointing of the pulse points. I do this pretty much every second day, actually, because during my last trimester of pregnancy my hair has been a little bit lanker at the roots and I’ve needed a little bit of oomph to stop it lying so flat. It never feels greasy so much as just…disappointing. So yes, a few big spritzes in the underneath layers and a nice little fingertip-massage and my hair starts to behave itself that bit better.

colab dry shampoo campaign monaco

The Monaco scent, by the way, was inspired by some of my favourite summer fragrances; those heady, unisex ones with classic cologne notes. Think Tom Ford’s Neroli Portofino, some of the lighter and fresher Acqua di Parma scents, the solid, original 4711 cologne… I wanted that absolute headiness that you get with neroli fragrances and then a lovely lightness from the citrus and a bit of sexy warmth from the amber – glamorous but completely wearable. And I must say, very moreish.

Monaco launches at Superdrug tomorrow, so keep an eye out here – and make sure you take a look at the Colab Instagram page, they are running the most amazing competition with Superdrug to win a luxury trip for two to Monaco. Swish hotel, helicopter rides and Michelin star restaurants…it is well worth giving this a shot!

Colab Instagram Competition

© 2018 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. T
    May 4, 2015 / 3:03 pm

Picking this up in the shop!

2. philippa
    May 4, 2015 / 3:26 pm

Can’t wait to try this one (:

3. Sara mathews
    May 4, 2015 / 4:00 pm

For crying out loud.
    I said Riviera how stupid am I? I think I should win something as a consolation prize to help me deal with the humiliation.

4. Angeline
    May 4, 2015 / 4:38 pm

Yay! You look so gorgeous Ruth xx

5. May 4, 2015 / 7:32 pm

I can’t believe you are heavily pregnant in the promo pictures. How do you still look so gorgeous?

• May 5, 2015 / 5:12 pm

They’ve cut off the shots at JUST the right point!! Mind you, they did shoot it a couple of months ago so I wasn’t quite so gargantuan as I am now! x

6. May 4, 2015 / 11:52 pm

I love your whole range and can’t wait to try this new addition. sabiha xx

7. Yvonne
    May 5, 2015 / 8:40 am

Hi Ruth, will your dry shampoo be available in Australia soon? xo

8. Laureen Downes
    May 5, 2015 / 12:29 pm

I was going to enter this with Monte Carlo because you said city and gave the clue principality, but left it too late. Is Monaco actually a city? Can’t wait to try this one when it launches. I love the London one best at the momentt x

9. Susan
    May 5, 2015 / 2:08 pm

When and where will your products be available in the US? Keep up the good work, but don’t forget to relax, rest, and enjoy your bundle of joy.

10. hayley
    May 6, 2015 / 1:10 am

The London scent is my favourite but i will definitely try this one next time i need dry shampoo, it looks amazing :)
    Hayley x

11. May 6, 2015 / 5:54 am

Ooh how exciting! I love Monaco, one of my favourite places !

12. May 9, 2015 / 6:36 pm

I have been in search of a really good dry shampoo and this may just be my perfect fit! It sounds pretty great and hopefully it really is as great as it appears. Thanks!

13. May 11, 2015 / 9:35 pm

I nearly squealed with glee in the middle of the grocery store the other day, because there was a Colab display in the middle of the hair aisle! I got the Rio scent in the Sheer + Invisible formula. Loving it so far! Hopefully Monaco turns up here soon. It sounds lovely!

14. siena
    May 15, 2015 / 9:16 pm

Today I received my order – well done, you and CoLab. What an amazing scent – wearing it, you don’t need anything else – it really is very close to TF’s Neroli Portofino! How fitting for the summer months. But PLEASE do not make this a limited edition – PLEASE! It is my favourite and it’s so gorgeous. x

15. Briana
    January 23, 2016 / 5:46 am

Is there any way to get this product in the United States, specifically California? I’ve searched all over the web and no one seems to be able to ship it here. Would love to get my hands on some of the London and the Monaco!