Perfect Brows for Lazy People: Benefit Gimme Brow

best brow products

I’ve been raving to anyone who’ll listen about my new brow discovery: Benefit Gimme Brow. I find it very difficult to get excited about eyebrows and I must say that I think the nation/world’s obsession with these perfect, drawn-on mega-brows is just weird, but I do like to keep mine groomed and – if I’m doing something snazzy with my eye makeup – I’m partial to a bit of shaping and darkening and “filling in of the gaps”. But whatever I do, it has to be easy – I can’t be faffing about with pots and brushes and five different waxes. If it takes more than a couple of minutes then sorry, I just can’t be arsed.

Which is why I’ve been raving – RAVING I tell you! – about Benefit’s Gimme Brow. Previously I’d been using Speed Brow, which is just a tinted gel, to add a bit of oomph, but when I tried Gimme I was utterly taken aback. Not only did it neaten out my brows and keep them in a nice shape, it actually thickened them slightly, filling in any sparse bits, and gave them just a smidgen more depth. Take a look at my before:

ruth crilly a model recommends best brow gel

and now my after, in which I look as though I’m doing a kind of Sean Connery impression, but I promise you that most (most) of the lift just comes from having shaped and perfected the left eyebrow!

ruth crilly model beauty blogger

How spectacular is the left one compared to the right? Gimme Brow is just absolutely brilliant stuff – a total eyebrow makeover for people who are either lazy or complete fools or both. (I pretty much fall into both categories at the moment.)

best ever brow gel product worn by Ruth Crilly

You just brush it on with the teeny brush (careful to wipe it off a bit on the neck of the bottle, as the bristles get quite loaded up and I’ve had a few smears happen!) and then mess about until you kind of glue your hairs into an acceptable shape. The “volumizing fibre gel” (I have no idea either, but it works, so…) clings to your existing brow hairs and makes everything look fuller and a bit thicker, which I think is a lot more believable and realistic than drawing in hairs with some wispy flecks of powder.

Most impressed. Cost? £18.50. You can find it FeelUnique.com (free delivery here) and Debenhams.com – I use the lighter of the two shades. This month, if you book a brow wax at any Benefit store, you get a free full-size Gimme Brow, so perhaps worth booking in for a quick shape if you’re thinking of investing in the fibre gel? Also, 100% of the profits from your wax will go to charities supporting women and girls (part of Benefit’s Bold is Beautiful project) so it’s a win-win situation!

Find out about the rest of my makeup…

© 2018 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. May 11, 2015 / 6:31 pm

Gimme Brow is astounding, especially for someone like me with no eyebrow skills at all!

2. Helena Gibson
    May 11, 2015 / 7:02 pm

You have convinced me! Can’t wait to try this out, your recommendations are always spot on, thank you!

3. May 11, 2015 / 7:02 pm

Wow this makes such a difference and stil looks so natural! I am such a beginner when in comes to eyebrows but I think that not a lot of things can go wrong when using something like this

sparklygoddess.blogspot.com

4. May 11, 2015 / 7:14 pm

The L’oreal brow gel is also amazing! Have tried both and it’s pretty much an exact dupe! Great for those on a budget!!
    starrzbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

5. IzzyF
    May 11, 2015 / 7:25 pm

I love this atuff! I have invisible blonde eyebrows despite having fairly dark red hair, and while I get them tinted, they still look a little sparse. Of course, faffing about with all sorts of powders and waxes is too much hassle – but I discovered GimmeBrow two months ago and all of a sudden I look über-groomed on a daily basis.

6. May 11, 2015 / 7:35 pm

Your brows always look fantastic! Never too overdone. I’m pulling ‘Gimme Brow’ back out of the stash!

7. May 11, 2015 / 8:02 pm

I love this stuff as well but at that price point you don’t get a lot of product. I did happen to find a dupe at a lower cost and that’s the Hard Candy Brows Now Fiberized Gel. It’s only $6 and works just as well.

8. Muriel
    May 11, 2015 / 8:37 pm

I’ve been using MAC’s Pro longwear waterproof brow set), its very similar to the Benefit one, it comes in a bigger size for the same price(maybe even cheaper). If you would like to try something similar.
    xo from Chile.

9. Kate
    May 11, 2015 / 8:50 pm

I’m going to pick a tube of this up tomorrow, but what I really need to know is, what lipstick do you have on? Looks like the perfect pinky nude! x

• Kate
        May 12, 2015 / 9:11 am

Thank you! That’ll be going in the basket too ;-) x

10. Zandra May
    May 11, 2015 / 8:50 pm

For someone who’s never done anything to their eyebrows this product looks like a good place to start!

Zandra // AZTEC DOLL Fashion & Beauty Blog

11. Rach
    May 11, 2015 / 10:09 pm

Your makeup looks flawless in this Ruth! Is the base from the same products you used in the glowing skin post? Love your blog! X

12. Jennifer
    May 11, 2015 / 10:25 pm

Thanks to you I am LOVING Gimme Brow too. I was a good girl and didn’t over pluck my brows so they are full like yours. When I saw it work for you I pretty much ran out and bought it. Just enough oomph for me.

13. Annabel
    May 11, 2015 / 11:44 pm

I do really love mine, and I am horrified to think what my brows looked like before!

Annabel ♥

14. May 12, 2015 / 12:11 am

I tried the Gimme Brow a few months ago and liked it, but the colour wasn’t good for me. I think I’m in between colours or something. I wish they had more options.

Kristi

15. May 12, 2015 / 7:01 am

I use smashbox wax and gel combo, the lighter shade, as I got it – part of their February campaign :)) and, regardless of the fact it was given to me for free (well, almost, I had to register via FB, and go to the smash box counter but that’s about it), I really really like it.

But this is something completely different – it looks like Benefit made a thickening brow version mascara – such a clever idea!

Thank you for yet another interesting review, and all the best to you in the coming days:)

16. May 12, 2015 / 8:11 am

I had this about a year ago and I loved it! I was trying to find a more budget friendly alternative but I did not find one I liked as much as this, so I think I’m gonna go back to this! It really is so easyans has such a nice, natural finish!

Marie x

17. May 12, 2015 / 9:35 am

I Interviewed Benefit’s Jared Bailey at their HQ on Saturday and he was RAVING about Gimme Brow…i may have to dig mine out tonight!

18. May 12, 2015 / 12:59 pm

I really want to purchase this now. I don’t really need to do a lot to my brows, but I always feel like I want a little more definition. This looks like the perfect product for that.

19. May 12, 2015 / 4:15 pm

A timely post Ruth – I’m in need of brow defining goodies! :)

20. Jacqueline McCormick
    May 12, 2015 / 7:15 pm

Yes! This is all I use on my brows- no time for anything else. That little tube lasts me almost a year:) love it!

21. Susan C
    May 13, 2015 / 1:34 am

The perfect brow product for lazy people, HAHAHA. Perhaps that’s why I have two of them? I must be twice as lazy!

22. Lauren B
    May 13, 2015 / 1:48 am

This is the brow product that turned me onto brow products. Benefit knows brows!

23. Divya
    May 13, 2015 / 5:15 am

Ruth if you love this, also suggest you try the l’oreal brow plumper. Same great concept and results (it’s also cheaper).

24. May 17, 2015 / 5:36 am

Thanks for sharing your eyebrow routine ;) Great products!

25. May 20, 2015 / 7:20 pm

It looks really natural and effortless. Perfect! xoxo

26. March 2, 2016 / 9:58 am

Hey Ruth

This is a super interesting blog. I think its a perfect eyebrow product for lazy girls like me :)