Sunday Tittle Tattle: Er, Still Moving…

sleeping family

Oh my God, this must be the world’s longest house-moving-in session! Mainly because Mr AMR doesn’t want to touch or “ruin” anything so we have to bring boxes in gradually, unpacking and sorting as we go. So far we’ve managed to do about half a kitchen and “arrange” the odds and sods drawer in the utility room. (“Arrange”, AKA throw in everything that we can’t be bothered to find a home for. Masking tape, loyalty cards that we will never use, foreign currency, packets of seeds, half-empty packets of obscure dog treats, elastic bands, gas bills from 2004.) The photo above shows the “moving team” having a rest. Bless them.

luxe shine spray

I’ve been ridiculously busy with work this week (also why the house-move is taking so long), shooting videos and editing videos and working on the launch of the new Colab product. It’s an exciting one: a luxe hair fragrance spray (notes of bergamot and oud, very sexy) with a lovely light shine that’s great for fine hair. I’ll talk about it more next week, but keep a lookout for it at Superdrug and FeelUnique from Monday!

the uphill baby and mum blog

Did you know that I have an entirely separate blog over on The Uphill? Mum stuff, baby stuff, observations on life (often random) and lots of chat about breastmilk and large guts. It’s a hoot, if you’d care to join me – the comments sections are, I feel, a brilliant way to pass an hour or so. Some readers have the most fantastic motherhood anecdotes. I also write about fertility and I recorded my pregnancy from about twenty weeks in, so plenty to catch up on if you’re interested!

The Uphill

No pet pics this week – Mr Bear will be home in the next few days, I hope, and I imagine that all hell will break loose! I wonder how the new carpet / recently re-upholstered chairs / tactile wallpaper will fare against his sharp claws? I may have to get my Mum to knit him some mittens.

© 2018 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. Emma Computergirl
    September 27, 2015 / 8:38 am

Can’t wait to see Mr. Bear checking out his new home! I’ve a feeling a friend sprays new sofas with dilute tea tree oil to discourage the cats claws. Might be worth a Google :) either tea tree or a citrus one. Good luck! I’m sure your mum will miss him.

• Tina
      September 30, 2015 / 4:10 pm

Tea tree oil is very toxic to cats and can make them sick, I hope your friend isn’t spraying that around the house!

2. Babs
    September 27, 2015 / 9:18 am

A friend said to me ‘the trick is, if you don’t sort your things as you go when moving, it’s very difficult to do later’. I tried really hard to find places for my things from the day one.The problem is that you don’t have the time to create a mind map in your head where everything goes. It’s easy with the obvious stuff, but two months later and I still don’t know where my sewing kit is…

3. September 27, 2015 / 12:08 pm

Wonderful post! I had to get that cat tape for the furniture to train my big cat not to scratch. The dog on the otherhand we just keep his claws trimmed and filed.I’m sure everything will be fine. :)

4. September 27, 2015 / 2:00 pm

I would love to see Mr. Bear wearing mittens.

5. September 27, 2015 / 4:48 pm

Ooh, I cannot wait to try out the new formula! CoLab was being sold at IMATS Toronto yesterday- definitely exciting! Hope the rest of the move goes smoothly as possible. Your daughter is adorable, Ruth :)

6. September 27, 2015 / 6:30 pm

The hair shine looks great. I used to clip my cats claws, but now that I have a few scratch boxes around the house she rarely attacks the furnishings.

7. Mum
    October 2, 2015 / 9:14 pm

Mmmmmmm Our diningroom chairs were as new! We covered them up in a sheet for a while but had to get them out each day to sit on! Also dinner parties have been a hassle wrapping them and unwrapping them! Two are absolutely ruined! The other four are okay but not as new!I suggest you put dust cloths over all your newly upholstered chairs Ruth to protect them!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe you would like to borrow our sheets? I like the idea of LOTS of scratch posts everywhere! I think we should have had a weekly visiting manicurist! Hahaha I am giving you the two knackered chairs so perhaps Mr B will leave yours alone?